Would you ever...

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

*points to question down bellow* please read before you vote :)

Any human being is more important than a beast
19%
Only if it was a human/animal VERY dear to me
37%
Only if I myself were in near-death danger
14%
O_O I would NEVER kill a wolf!
30%

Total votes: 94

Kaheaniehal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Would you ever...

Post by Kaheaniehal » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:08 am

Question: Would you ever kill a wolf if the life of you/a friend/pet(something living you hold close to you) were in danger from it?
Or just a human being in general?

------
Personally I never judge by the species, but by my personal value to the being. So yes, if a wolf was going to kill my dog(which I like more then I do most people), I'd defend my comrade before I'd let a wolf have his lunch. (yes wolves do eat dogs/other canines.)

NO ONE.. and I mean NO ONE come at me with the "Oh well wolves never attack people" nonsense. I don't really care, I am asking for an opinion.

Also to the WQ staff people- if this topic is inappropriate... err I'm sorry for being thick headed. Sometimes I have poor judgement on what and what not should be allowed.
I support the Alliance

~ My heart is your heart ~

http://kaheaniehal.deviantart.com/

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Would you ever...

Post by Blindseer » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:42 am

I would never kill a wolf. maybe tranquilize, but never kill.
icon by Rottenrobbie

LonerWhiteWolf
Pup
Pup

Post by LonerWhiteWolf » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:17 am

well maybe only if the wolf was attacking an animal i was close to then i would hit him or something but other then that never!
<.< expect the unexpected >.>

Don’t drink and drive, cause you might hit a bump and spill. C:
Ha.

tikomi
Pup
Pup

Post by tikomi » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:05 pm

Im an animal loving kinda person (i believe that humans are animals, were in the animal kingdom) I dont think any animal at all should have to die because someone with no connection is in danger. THe wolf/other animal had nothing to do with it so why cause them pain and suffering for being iniscent and VERY IMPORTANT to the eco-system. If they were gone other animals would be out of whack, including us. You should research the last Irish wolf, its pretty intresting. Wolves are like the bees, we might not be around very long if they were gone because they keep animal populations way down, we would all be dead within 4 days, even hours, if bees were all extinct because they spread the polline helping plants in providing more oxygen. Just my opineon, if u knew me u would kno my very peace loving side in all but my poetry. (for sum reason i can only right sad, dark, and graphic poems)
The wolf I am.
The wolf you wish to be.
But the wolf I am.

Xo-Hope-oX
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Xo-Hope-oX » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:10 am

if it was attacking someone important to me yes i would kill it or an animal but no other reasons! i hate seeing dead animals! :(
Deviantart:
http://xx-wolfspirit-xx.deviantart.com/

May 2008 User of the month

Chenneoue
Pup
Pup

Post by Chenneoue » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:27 am

I would not kill a wolf in general. But if there were ever a senario in which that I may have to, it would probably be for the benifit of the wolf....such as a rabid animal. I could not see myself killing one just because I feel in "danger." It would have to be mauling someone or myself to death before I could kill it. Other then if it was itself dealthy ill, and shouldn't have to go through more suffering. But that I believe that is a whole nother topic.

Howlin' Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Howlin' Wolf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:26 pm

NO WAY WOULD I EVER KILL A WOLF! Sure, i would tranquilize it or zap it with a stun gun, but NO WAY would I EVER kill one! :shock: By the way, I dont have wolves where I live. Just coyotes. Also,(sorry, gonna go off topic.) whenever I sorta bite the top of my dogs nose, he rolls on his back and wiggles in defeat. I think he understands wolf "language", because I was telling him that I'm pack leader, so he did what a wolf would do: roll on their back and wiggle in defeat! Pretty cool, huh? :mrgreen:
Meep.
......what? you want me to say something else? :O Okay....THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAA!
(btw, mai multiplayer account name ish BlackRose567; named after my wolfie character herself. :3

ChocolateRain
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ChocolateRain » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:04 pm

I'm not a big fan of hypothetical questions but if anyone was threatened by an animal that I had any sort of good relationship with I would kill it. I don't like when people consider themselves (and all humans in general) superior to all other animals or say, "NO! We're not animals, we're humans.." Sure all animals should be treated with respect, but you are a human and not a wolf. I'm not saying I'd let a stranger live over a close pet but you should take that into consideration.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:38 pm

this shouldn`t really be in the general wolf discussion thred. Its about animal rights and human rights, not really about wolves.

In regards to wolves, I would hate having to kill any living thing, but if an a wolf was in pain, or sick or rabid then there would be no other option to ensure a humane end to that individual. If a wolf was attacking or trying to bite me, I honestly don`t know what i`d do.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Fenris
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Fenris » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:44 pm

This not really a question to me
If a wolf attacked my family i would have to kill/hurt it. I love wolves
their like graudian to me. But my family means more to me then the world i would die for any of them. And if a wolf hurt my dog i would do the same. If a wolf didnt do anything i would NEVER kill it.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Hmmmmm......this is a difficult question, because normally i would never kill any animal, if they was attacking a member of my family or one of my friends or pets and most importantly if it was me then yes i would kill it or try and get rid of it in some way, other than that i would never kill one.
Wolf567 / Blaze

Kaheaniehal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kaheaniehal » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Some of you seem to think I'm asking would you kill it for no reason, which I doubt any of us would do.

As chocolaterain said... Humans ARE animals(or at least that's what I believe), we all have just as amount of rites to live as the next organism.

I thank all of you for not flaming me, I was afraid that would happen a little after I created this topic.
I support the Alliance

~ My heart is your heart ~

http://kaheaniehal.deviantart.com/

Vida
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Vida » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:41 pm

If it was attacking my family or friends I would try and drive it away/tranquilize/stun whatever. I personally don't know if I could kill it. But I don't have to worry about that because we have no predators in New Zealand xD. Only birds, deer, mountain goats, possums and feral cats.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” - Mahatma Gandhi

Site for writers: http://inkassociation.proboards76.com/

Twilight12343
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Twilight12343 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:17 pm

Blindseer wrote:I would never kill a wolf. maybe tranquilize, but never kill.
ditto

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:04 pm

You're not always given the chance. This isn't a question about if you had a tranquilizer gun would you still kill a wolf. This is about if it was you or the wolf that would live what would you do. And realize one more thing, it's easy to say something when you're sitting at your computer screen typing. It's another thing to act upon your choice when you have the fangs of a wild animal tearing for your throat.

As for this "wolves never attack people", in North America there has never been a documented wolf killing of a human. One, the word used here is documented. Two, this does not mean wolves have not attacked people before, because they have. And three, this only applies in North America. In the rest of the world, such as Europe for examples, wolves have been killing and eating humans for as long as time can tell. It wasn't all that uncommon in Russia, where the wolves were hungry and not afraid to prey upon humans.

Researchers believe that the reduced aggression in North American species is a result from the human population, which were Natives at the time. Who is to say a Native wasn't eaten by a wolf? It would nto have been documented. Continuing, the reduced aggression comes from the lack of wolf hunting in earlier periods, unlike in Europe where they were hunted for sport and grew to both fear and dislike humans. Last reason to support the reduced aggression comes from the food source. In Europe where human population boomed, there was not as much food as in the still wild North America where their prey still thrived in large number. I'm, of course, referring to older periods in time, not the current.
Last edited by Songdog on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.