How do I get more people to come to my game?

Forum rules
Note: As of December 2018, multiplayer in this version of the free game is now permanently offline. Learn more
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

How do I get more people to come to my game?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:08 pm

The amount of people who join your game is based on many things, but here are a few things that may affect who does and does not join your game:
1) Your internet connection speed- you can only play multiplayer games with people who have similar internet connection speeds. So if you have a dial-up connection and no one else does, it's not likely anyone is going to be able to join your game.
2) Your chat title- people are only going to join a multiplayer game that sounds interesting to them.
3) Time of day- obviously if there aren't very many people online because it's too early or late, you won't have as many people try to join your game
4) Your actions- if you create an open multiplayer game but tell everyone who's not _____ to leave, or if you're rude to people or inappropriate, they probably won't want to play your game. If you only want certain people to join your game, you should create a private multiplayer game and give the passwords to people you know.

Some people have asked why there is a limit of five players per game. Though wolf packs may sometimes be larger than five wolves, our servers are not able to handle more than five players per game. The more players there are, the more gameplay is slowed down, so we are only able to allow five players per game.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.