How do (why can’t) I save my game?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

How do (why can’t) I save my game?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:00 pm

To save your game, just hit ‘Escape’ and it should bring up a list of options, one of which is “Save Game”. If this option is grey instead of yellow (see picture), it means you can’t save. There are a few reasons why you wouldn’t be able to save:
1) You are in an encounter with (or near) another wolf. Try leaving these areas for a minute or so, then you should be able to save your game. This also applies to right after you found a mate. Just run around to a new area for a minute or so, and you should see a pop-up message saying you have a mate, and then you should be able to save. (We will try to fix this for the next episode release.)
2) You are in an elk hunting ground. Try leaving these areas for a minute or so, then you should be able to save your game.
3) You have a version of the game that prior to the ‘save game bug fix’ released in January 2010. Try uninstalling your version of the game, then download and install the most recent version of the game, available at: http://www.wolfquest.org/downloads.php
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.