What do I do if I can't log in?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

What do I do if I can't log in?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Because WolfQuest is a free forum with limited staff and funding, we cannot offer technical support to all users. Here is a list of common reasons why you may not be able to log in to the forum. Our best advice is to follow the directions associated with your problem, and be patient!

I can't log in because I don't have an account and I don't know how to make one. To make an account, you need to click 'register' near the top right side of any of the community forums pages (including this one).

I can't find where to log in. You can log in on any community forums page (including this one) by clicking on "Login" in the top right corner of the page, or near the bottom of the page just above the list of online users. "Admin login" on the bottom left of the page is only for administrators, so if you're trying to log in there, try one of the other ways to log in.

It says my account is inactive. It typically takes anywhere from 1-3 days to activate an account. Be patient, and if you do not receive the activation e-mail, you can try logging in with your username and password anyway. Make sure you're typing it in correctly, by capitalizing and spelling your username and password exactly the way you created them.

My account is active, I’m typing everything correctly, but I still can’t log in. If you've read these suggestions and you're still having troubles, look under the Tips, Hints, and Help forum, but usually your problem with logging in to the forum can be answered by following one of the three above suggestions.

Good luck!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.