How do I post on this forum?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

How do I post on this forum?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm

If you are a registered community member, you should see a "New Topic" or "Post Reply" button near the top of each topic. As of December 5, 2012, all members registered on or after this date will need to have their first post approved by a moderator before it shows up in the forums. This was changed to better prevent spam from being posted on the forums. Posts are usually approved within an hour but may sometimes take up to a day if you happen to post when no moderators are online checking the post queue. After your first post(s) is/are approved, you will no longer need to wait for moderator approval before posting on the forums unless an administrator decides to add you to that group because you weren't following the WolfQuest guidelines or were otherwise being inappropriate.

If you do not see a "New Topic" or "Post Reply" button, it could be because of three reasons:
1) You did not yet create an account or didn't log into the forum before looking through it. You can click on "Register" or "Log in" near the top right side of the forum.
2) The forum/topic you are looking at does not allow posting, because it has been locked or only administrators are allowed to post.
3) You registered as a COPPA member and did not return your signed COPPA permission form.

If you live outside of the United States, please send an e-mail to info@wolfquest.org with your username, e-mail address, and the statement "I live outside of the U.S. and would like you to verify my location for COPPA." (or something to that effect) and we can try to verify your location and change your registration so you can start posting.

If you live in the United States and no longer have your COPPA form, please clearly write down on a piece of paper the following:
-your username
-your e-mail address
-your parent/guardian's printed name
-your parent/guardian’s signature
-date of signature
-the statement in quotes below

“I have reviewed the information provided by my child and hereby grant permission to "wolfquest.org" to store this information. I understand that I may request for this information to be removed from "wolfquest.org" at any time. I have read and understand the notice about online chat and safety.”

You can mail the above information to:
  • WolfQuest Coordinator
    Minnesota Zoo
    13000 Zoo Blvd
    Apple Valley, MN 55124
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail info@wolfquest.org.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.