How do I send/check private messages?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

How do I send/check private messages?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm

You can access your Private Message through the User Control Panel near the top left part of your screen when you’re logged in to the forum. You can either click on the area that says “(__ new messages)”, or click on the link for the User Control Panel. From there, choose the Private messages tab, then click on “Inbox” on the left hand side of the window. That allows you to read through any messages you may have. New messages should have a yellow square beside them, much like new forum topics do.

To send a private message, click on the "NEWPM" button while you're viewing your inbox. If you know the exact spelling if the person you want to send a message to, just type it in the box right above the 'Add' button. Click 'Add' when you've typed in the complete name. If you don't remember the correct spelling, click on 'Find a Member' and type in as much as you know, with * anywhere you're not sure of the spelling. So, for example, if you wanted to send a message to me but you didn't remember if there was a space in between WQ and Coordinator, you would type in "WQ*Coordinator". That would show all users who have usernames that start with WQ and end with Coordinator. Just click on the correct person and it should add that name to your PM.

After you've selected who the message is going to, type your message and click 'Submit'. If you realize you want to make a change or add something, you can click on your Outbox on the left hand side of the frame. If the person you sent the message to has not read it yet, it should be listed there. You can click on it and edit it as many times as you want, as long as you do it before the person reads the message.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.