Do I need to fill out a COPPA form if I'm older than 12?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Do I need to fill out a COPPA form if I'm older than 12?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:57 pm

We only require parental signatures when users are 12 years old or younger, as required by federal regulations. But if you're older than that, you probably just chose the wrong age category. If this is the case, send an e-mail to info@wolfquest.org with your username, the e-mail address associated with your account, and explain that you chose the wrong age group during the registration process.

As of February 2015, you will be prompted to input your birth date before registering to ensure you are placed in the correct age group after your account has been created.
We only require parental signatures when users are 12 years old or younger, as required by federal regulations. But if you're older than that, you probably just chose the wrong age category. If this is the case, send an e-mail to info@wolfquest.org with your username, the e-mail address associated with your account, and the statement “please delete my account.”

After your account has been deleted, you can re-register with the same username and e-mail address, and in the correct age group; just choose "Age 13 or older" when you register. That should put you in the correct age group.[/hide]