I've been banned- what do I do?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

I've been banned- what do I do?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:14 pm

In order to keep WolfQuest a safe and inviting community for users of all ages, we send warnings to users who are being disrespectful, are not following the WQ rules, or are being inappropriate. Only administrators ban accounts, and only with proof of inappropriate language or behavior. All reports are confidential. We ban users who have either already been warned and have not changed their behavior, or who have outright gone against the WolfQuest Forum Guidelines or Multiplayer Game Rules. If you have been banned, WolfQuest is not an appropriate community for the way you wish to behave online, and we recommend trying a different forum or chat room for your online needs.

If you received a message that you were banned but you are new to WolfQuest or do not know what behavior caused your ban, first look to see what exactly was banned. If the message you see when you try to view the forums says you've been IP banned, that means you, someone using your computer, or someone sharing a non-static IP address with you did something inappropriate. If you can sometimes log in to the forums and sometimes can't, that means your IP address is not static so may allow you to sometimes view the forums. If the message you see when you try to log in to the forums says you've been banned by username, that means you or someone using your account did something inappropriate or used inappropriate language and was banned for it. If you still do not understand why you were banned, you may e-mail an administrator with the exact message you receive, along with your username, and they can try to look up why specifically you were banned. We do not respond to requests for any kind of information that are sent in an inappropriate, disrespectful, or otherwise rude manner.

If you do not receive a message that specifically says you were banned, you may just be having troubles logging in. Please refer to the appropriate FAQ topics for login troubles.