The Morning After (WQ AE release)

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: The Morning After (WQ AE release)

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Glad these issues are being fixed asap! Hopefully I'll get WolfQuest 3.0 soon, and hopefully by then many of the unexpected bugs will be fixed. :mrgreen:

MasterKoschei
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by MasterKoschei » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Don't use regedit. Wait till they have an .ini file of sorts to allow you to tamper with.

The Windows Registry is a hierarchical database that stores low-level settings for the Microsoft Windows operating system and for applications that opt to use the registry. The kernel, device drivers, services, Security Accounts Manager, and user interface can all use the registry. The registry also allows access to counters for profiling system performance.

Think of it like this: When you open it up, if you can open it up, you have absolute, ultimate control over your computer and you have the ability to do anything.

You might not brick your computer: But you can mess up, very easily, some crucial elements that help it work. Once I needed files off of my old computer, and there was a hiccup- I wasn't (despite being authorized) allowed to view anything on explorer.exe (what you use to navigate your computer files) even on multiple new profiles: I used regedit to completely disallow the very ability to block me from being able to navigate. But that made my computer vulnerable (ten fold, just about) and therefore unsafe to use to browse the internet or connect to a network. I knew what I was doing.

Using it to change WQ settings isn't a good idea.

W0lfgr1
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by W0lfgr1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Hi. I don't know whether this is a bug or not, but I can't get on Wolfquest 3 anymore. A tab will pop up with the unity logo and it will crash

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Wolftigergal wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:49 pm
Do I have to buy the game even if I have wolfquest 2.7 on my wolfquest account?
If I am understanding your question correctly in that you already have purchased WQ 2.7, then no, you don't need to buy the Anniversary edition. You will either see it in Steam, or use the itch.io link you got when you bought 2.7 to download the AE. Check out this link for more specific information!

el wolfo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by el wolfo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Whew, the lag.
And I have a good computer...

Riverfrost_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: River

Post by Riverfrost_ » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:34 pm

Yeah the lag is pretty insane (I can't run WQ3 on my Mac with even the most basic graphics settings) but thankfully my brother has a gaming computer and.... WOW. This game is everything I hoped for and more. I'm sure it will be further optimised soon but I'm so thankful I can experience it on the "Beautiful" setting. Some of the screenshots I've taken look like photos for goodness sake!! The hunting mechanics are incredible, all of the animals have their own AI lives now (I really love the eagles that show up to a kill!) and it's actually really scary running from a hostile wolf pack! Keep up the amazing work (and I do mean amazing)!! <3

Saphira7274
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Saphira7274 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:02 pm

For now all I can do is watch YouTube vids on how the new game is going XD I’ve had it for a while but was never able to play on computer, I can only play on my IPad sadly, so whenever this is released on mobile I’m slightly scared on how any mobile device could even handle the graphics. Now my mum does have a more modern computer but it isn’t a gaming computer.. ah well. Hopefully by the time it is released on mobile I can find a way to keep the graphics at least in a medium range, without the lag. The game looks gorgeous btw, can’t wait for the release on mobile 😅🤗

MasterKoschei
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by MasterKoschei » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:40 am

The game has a lot of optimization to go through, eventually more people will be able to play it without the lag.

That's one of the troubles of using a game engine instead of making your own game engine like back in the day, there's a lot of unforseen problems that you have to mess with in order to fix it (from the dev side), often a lot of people end up consulting the people who /made/ the program, like Unity.

But if you made your very own engine (often making your own language) you're limited by what you know how to do, which can be a huge setback. (Unless you're in the early 2000s and you're crafty, you can make leaps and bounds in game technology!)

These devs have proven faithful and are working super hard on it, though, each update it gets a little better, so we'll get there. I've seen a lot of dev groups fall apart and quit games early: This dev group is really, really special, and I'm so impressed by the teamwork and dedication, so I feel very relaxed about this.