The Morning After (WQ AE release)

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

The Morning After (WQ AE release)

Post by loboLoco » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:13 am

Well, that launch was rather rockier than expected (and the Steam issues were only the half of it). But now it's out there -- and of course, we're hearing about a lot of problems that we didn't encounter in pretty extensive beta testing (over six months). Plus some bugs and quirks that are on our list, we just hadn't gotten to them yet. And a couple bad things (like super-long loading time) just appeared yesterday in the final builds, so that is a top priority to fix.

We'll be releasing at least one patch today, first of many. We're also setting up a page which will show current big Known Issues so you can see what's on our radar and due for imminent fixing. I'll post that link later today.

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm for the game. We really appreciate it.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Paxis
Pup
Pup

Re: The Morning After (WQ AE release)

Post by Paxis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:41 am

Thank you for all you guys do to make this an amazing game! I know it must be very overwhelming to have a lot of problems arise in a big audience base, but bugs at first release are totally understanding and I super appreciate the time you all put in to fixing and creating. :)

Kitas
Pup
Pup
Name: Liv

Post by Kitas » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:19 am

ah yes, my favorite part of a newly released game. the bugs, the glitches. can be annoying sometimes but are also fun to experience. can't wait to see how far this game goes, i know it'll be successful. keep up the good work dave and the team, i'm enjoying myself so far.

also newly launched games aren't always 100% successful, so it's completely fine!

Rebela
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Rebela

Post by Rebela » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm

I'm happy to be a part of the journey to WolfQuest 3's final form!
Helping point out bugs and glitches is a lot of fun, and hopefully useful.

Itsward
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Stoin

Post by Itsward » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:19 pm

I'm impressed how quickly some bugs (such as the long loading time from the menu to the map) were fixed! The game looks lovely as well. :raven:

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Kudos to you all for your hard work! The game really reflects all the love that was poured into it.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Thanks for all your hard work! I have really enjoyed playing it despite the occasional lag! I love that there are bald eagles which will eat from carcasses. I love how being chased through the woods by a grizzly is so scary! I love killing the Wapiti pack members! I love how the mates are very helpful now! I even love how an animal i kill is almost immediately taken over by enemies!
There is a glitch in which sometimes my wolf just moves forward and cant stop moving for a couple of seconds. (that glitch has spoiled some of my hunts but glitches are expected in early access!)

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:47 am

Kudos to you and the entire team for being so invested before, during, and after release. The whole process has been crazy to witness, let alone be a part of to the extent you all have.

I will be looking forward to the "Known Issues" page for sure, and you know where to find me if you'd like any assistance!

aftherion
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Commander Aftherion

Post by aftherion » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:19 am

Thank you very much! Not really a bug I believe, but there's a issue with camera: I can't get it fixed on my wolf, like it was in the old games. When wolf turns right or left, camera should also turn, but instead in the AE game camera stays where it was and now a side of wolf is visible, causing to run into tree or just plain wrong, which is especially annoying during the hunts, and has killed my wolf several times during the fights.

Storm Breaker
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Storm Breaker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:20 am

Wow I haven't been here in such a long time, and I'm so excited about the Anniversary Edition. I've got it all downloaded and I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something, but I can't find where to log into my existing account from 2.7. Or is that not accessible yet in early access?

I also went through wolf customization and couldn't seem to save anything. The 'save' and 'continue' buttons didn't seem to do anything. I doubt this is the right place, but searches didn't display anything related to my problems. Thanks for the help and the awesome game!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 am

Storm Breaker wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:20 am
I can't find where to log into my existing account from 2.7. Or is that not accessible yet in early access?
Account features are not yet available during early access.

Storm Breaker
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Storm Breaker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:45 am

Neamara wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 am
Storm Breaker wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:20 am
I can't find where to log into my existing account from 2.7. Or is that not accessible yet in early access?
Account features are not yet available during early access.
That explains it! Thank you.

Kyrozide
Pup
Pup

Post by Kyrozide » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:20 pm

aftherion wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:19 am
Thank you very much! Not really a bug I believe, but there's a issue with camera: I can't get it fixed on my wolf, like it was in the old games. When wolf turns right or left, camera should also turn, but instead in the AE game camera stays where it was and now a side of wolf is visible, causing to run into tree or just plain wrong, which is especially annoying during the hunts, and has killed my wolf several times during the fights.

I also have this same issue. The camera angle makes it hard to hunt or fight. Other than that, I've loved the game so far, it's gorgeous!

thelostwolf12345
Pup
Pup
Name: Scruff

Post by thelostwolf12345 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:18 pm

Someone from the previous post just mentioned that messing with the game files using regedit can brick my computer and like the person I am, I saw that after messing with the files.

i've probably broke the entire game to an un-useable state or got off lucky, only time will tell.

Wolftigergal
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolftigergal » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:49 pm

Do I have to buy the game even if I have wolfquest 2.7 on my wolfquest account?