Forum upgrade

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Uzumaaki
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Forum upgrade

Post by Uzumaaki » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm

DaniBeez wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm
Oh dear, R.I.P. pale yellow text :lol:

EDIT: This is not a bug, but if it is simple to do I am wondering if "Your Posts" and/or "Unread Posts" could be added to the brown header bar where Search and New posts is. Like it was on the old skin! I used those links a lot.
Yeah this is the only thing I'm really, really missing.

I do rly love that you get an alert when someone quotes your posts! It's useful

Admiral Moonfire
Pup
Pup

Post by Admiral Moonfire » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Uzumaaki wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm
DaniBeez wrote:

EDIT: This is not a bug, but if it is simple to do I am wondering if "Your Posts" and/or "Unread Posts" could be added to the brown header bar where Search and New posts is. Like it was on the old skin! I used those links a lot.

If you click on the menu tab (Three parallel lines.) in the upper left, next to the tabs for home, forums, and members, you'll get a little drop down menu that has those options. :3

Uzumaaki
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Uzumaaki » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Admiral Moonfire wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Uzumaaki wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm
DaniBeez wrote:

If you click on the menu tab (Three parallel lines.) in the upper left, next to the tabs for home, forums, and members, you'll get a little drop down menu that has those options. :3

Omg yesss thank you! Perfect!

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Post by twinlinskis » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:00 pm

hey! so it's been a while since i've nosed around on the forums and i'm really liking the new digs! i do have an issue with updating my avatar, tho. not sure if it's a bug (tbh i'm not even sure which thread to post this in???) but i'm no longer able to link to offsite avatars. i keep getting errors like:
The submitted avatar is 300 pixels wide and 300 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 100 pixels wide and 100 pixels high.
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

i know that the site's avatar dimensions are 100x100px; i used to link to offsite avatars all the time when i frequented the forums prior to the update (usually images from tumblr sized at around 250x250px or similar), and it would automatically resize for me without throwing any errors. it would keep the quality of the image as well, which i loved.

is this something that can be fixed? not that it's super important; it's just a hassle to go in and save an image, resize, then upload again. it's extra steps and i'm lazy lol

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:14 am

twinlinskis wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:00 pm
hey! so it's been a while since i've nosed around on the forums and i'm really liking the new digs! i do have an issue with updating my avatar, tho. not sure if it's a bug (tbh i'm not even sure which thread to post this in???) but i'm no longer able to link to offsite avatars. i keep getting errors like:
The submitted avatar is 300 pixels wide and 300 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 100 pixels wide and 100 pixels high.
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

i know that the site's avatar dimensions are 100x100px; i used to link to offsite avatars all the time when i frequented the forums prior to the update (usually images from tumblr sized at around 250x250px or similar), and it would automatically resize for me without throwing any errors. it would keep the quality of the image as well, which i loved.

is this something that can be fixed? not that it's super important; it's just a hassle to go in and save an image, resize, then upload again. it's extra steps and i'm lazy lol
There are currently some issues with linking to offsite avatars. The team is aware of the issue, so hopefully we'll have a fix before too long :)

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:48 am

I just now logged in and saw the dark theme, and it's beautiful!
That background is also really fitting and pretty! It already feels like the old site, again!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:02 am

Praise Neam for this beautiful theme change. Guess it's hard for me to let go of this colour scheme. :P

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:53 am

Yess. A dark theme at last! Really digging the new upgrade now x3. The background wraps it all up nicely.
It's also nice to see the old color theme make a return. Even if it only had disappeared for a few days.

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:04 am

Looking good :thumbsup:!

The Quick Links bar is also growing on me.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Nothing like a little short-term change to make you appreciate how things were, right?

Many many thanks to Neamara for modifying a stock phpBB style to make it more WolfQuesty.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 am

Oh my gosh, this looks so good! Loving everything about the new update

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm loving the mix of old and new!

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Yikes. I've just noticed spoilers are no longer a thing on here. Any chance they will/can be added back? I can imagine it'd be a headache for users(such as myself) who run avatar and signature shops and want to promote their works but also want to keep their front pages tidy.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:50 pm

NoyaTusk wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:40 pm
Yikes. I've just noticed spoilers are no longer a thing on here. Any chance they will/can be added back? I can imagine it'd be a headache for users who run avatar and signature shops who want to promote their works but also want to keep their front pages tidy.
It's expected for custom BBcodes to break post-upgrade. Most should still be okay, but all of the 3.0.X BBcode spoiler codes stopped working with the release of phpBB 3.1. The only workaround for this would be integrating an extension as a replacement. The only problem is that the stance on extensions (formerly .MODs) is unclear.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Reiwynn
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Reiwynn » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 pm

This layout reminds me of the OG version from 2008. It's very accessible and crisp on my browser. Nice work.