Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Re: Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited

Post by Kereudio » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am

Ooops, it seems inigoh is me. I totally forgot that was a thing, hah. May it be deleted and I just steal it's usergroups from it's corpose?
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

Castellar

Post by Castellar » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:28 am

Hello!

It has come to my knowledge that I'm in possession of two accounts, Castellar and Ravenfeather613. My intention was to change username of this account to the other one, but that wasn't possible as it was already taken. I hadn't realized that I owned the second one till I checked the profile and looked at the description.

Similarly to FlowerKitty299 or Mewer-Crow's situation, may I simply completely abandon this current account without deleting it for nostalgia and sentimental value's sake? If I completely abandon Castellar and move to Ravenfeather613, then I presume logging onto Ravenfeather613 won't count as using multiple accounts.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this causes and advice on the situation would be appreciated.

Thank you.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Castellar wrote:Hello!

It has come to my knowledge that I'm in possession of two accounts, Castellar and Ravenfeather613. My intention was to change username of this account to the other one, but that wasn't possible as it was already taken. I hadn't realized that I owned the second one till I checked the profile and looked at the description.

Similarly to FlowerKitty299 or Mewer-Crow's situation, may I simply completely abandon this current account without deleting it for nostalgia and sentimental value's sake? If I completely abandon Castellar and move to Ravenfeather613, then I presume logging onto Ravenfeather613 won't count as using multiple accounts.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this causes and advice on the situation would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Yes, that is perfectly fine! Alternatively we could still juggle your usernames around, but I take it you'd like to recover the original Ravenfeather613 account instead?

Castellar

Post by Castellar » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Anduril wrote:
Castellar wrote:Hello!

Thank you.
Yes, that is perfectly fine! Alternatively we could still juggle your usernames around, but I take it you'd like to recover the original Ravenfeather613 account instead?
It's quite alright as I have access to Ravenfeather613 account still and can use that as my main. I can simply cease activity on this account after toady, if that works.

xMini
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by xMini » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Hello!

I currently own two accounts; xMini, and silverstone501. I wasn’t aware that the silverstone501 account was sill accessible, and due to the new update, I found it easier to create a new account. Though, I do believe I logged into my previous account in order to confirm that I remembered the password and email for it, after I had re-downloaded the game and created my new profile on the game. I have not and will not use it, but I’d like to request keeping the account. If not, it may be deleted, though I did plan to pass on the account to a younger family member of mine. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!
[Goddess]

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:07 am

xMini wrote:Hello!

I currently own two accounts; xMini, and silverstone501. I wasn’t aware that the silverstone501 account was sill accessible, and due to the new update, I found it easier to create a new account. Though, I do believe I logged into my previous account in order to confirm that I remembered the password and email for it, after I had re-downloaded the game and created my new profile on the game. I have not and will not use it, but I’d like to request keeping the account. If not, it may be deleted, though I did plan to pass on the account to a younger family member of mine. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!
Sounds fine to me; as long as you individually don't keep two active accounts going (to avoid confusion). You're aware that game and forum accounts are no longer linked though, right?

xMini
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by xMini » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Anduril wrote:
xMini wrote:Hello!

Thank you!
Sounds fine to me; as long as you individually don't keep two active accounts going (to avoid confusion). You're aware that game and forum accounts are no longer linked though, right?
Thank you very much, and I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Yes; I became aware when I re-downloaded the game and created a new profile. I simply won’t use the account after the last logged date, but once the account is given to my sister, am I expected to message an administrator or moderator to further explain as to why the account is being used? I’m not sure how that works.
[Goddess]

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:55 pm

xMini wrote:Thank you very much, and I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Yes; I became aware when I re-downloaded the game and created a new profile. I simply won’t use the account after the last logged date, but once the account is given to my sister, am I expected to message an administrator or moderator to further explain as to why the account is being used? I’m not sure how that works.
No worries! And no, you're generally not expected to explain your account situation to the forum team unless it's inquired about. The fact that you made a note of it here already should suffice :)

xMini
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by xMini » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Anduril wrote:
xMini wrote:Thank you very much, and I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Yes; I became aware when I re-downloaded the game and created a new profile. I simply won’t use the account after the last logged date, but once the account is given to my sister, am I expected to message an administrator or moderator to further explain as to why the account is being used? I’m not sure how that works.
No worries! And no, you're generally not expected to explain your account situation to the forum team unless it's inquired about. The fact that you made a note of it here already should suffice :)
Alrighty! Thank you again for your help and patience! ☺️
[Goddess]

Seeker10101
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Seeker10101 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:57 am

I can certainly understand that. I do have one other account, but I forgot either my username or password(i can't even remember which one), so here I am, using my newer email address.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Ok, good to know... suppose someone had five different accounts, but didn't use any of them? Like he made five accounts, then just abandoned the game, and just had it hang around in the back of his device?
Also, is it allowed to make a new account after your previous one was banded? :raven: :raven: :raven:

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:55 pm

TimberRaven wrote:Ok, good to know... suppose someone had five different accounts, but didn't use any of them? Like he made five accounts, then just abandoned the game, and just had it hang around in the back of his device?
Also, is it allowed to make a new account after your previous one was banded? :raven: :raven: :raven:
Forum accounts are different from game accounts. Either way, you should not have multiple accounts. It is not okay to make a new account after you have been banned; that is considered banhopping.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Ah, got it. I have never been warned or banned before, so l don't know what it's like.

WolfLove12389
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Hunter

Post by WolfLove12389 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:30 pm

I know I have 2 other accounts, but one was sent to an unexacting email, so its not activated & the otters account hasn't been used for a long time, but I can't remember the password or username!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 pm

WolfLove12389 wrote:I know I have 2 other accounts, but one was sent to an unexacting email, so its not activated & the otters account hasn't been used for a long time, but I can't remember the password or username!
If you remember the email you signed up with for either account, and you have access to that email account, you could send an email to info@wolfquest.org to recover your account by using/giving them the email you registered your account with-- if you wanted to recover one of them, that is. Otherwise, it's not a noteworthy issue if you have multiple accounts if you don't have access to them or do not use them simultaneously on the forums.