Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited

Post by Neamara » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:53 pm

This appears to be a growing problem and unfortunately, it needs to be addressed so that we can all be on the same page in sharing and maintaining a consistent message. Everyone is welcome to create an account to join the community forum – that is not a problem. In fact, we welcome new members and encourage people to join if they enjoy playing WolfQuest!

So, what is the problem?
One community forum account per person. That’s all we ask. You may create as many WolfQuest 2.7 game accounts as you can afford, however the forums are operated under a separate set of rules. Sadly, it is an important rule that often gets overlooked and ignored despite the following FAQ entries: When you create an account, you agree not only to the Forum Guidelines, but also to the topics presented in The Forum section and the Your Account sub-forum of the WolfQuest FAQ plus the terms of use and privacy policy. There are no benefits nor is there any reason for one person to possess multiple accounts. If it’s a question of private message inbox space, inbox rules and settings exist which makes it possible for each account to have up to 200 messages across four folders. If you no longer desire your current username, you are allowed to request a change here. In general, breaking this rule opens the WolfQuest community forum up to users who would hoard or reserve usernames, deceive other members, enter contests, competitions, polls and more multiple times in order to increase the odds of winning or to rig the results unfairly in your or someone else’s favor ... and much more. These are just a few examples.

In your message, it is mandatory that you include as many usernames as you can remember and make it clear which account you wish to keep.

Can I create a new account if I already have an account?
There are very few exceptions. If you are looking for a fresh start, you may create a new account for that purpose under the condition that you completely stop using or abandon your previous account. Ideally you should submit a deletion request for any accounts you no longer intend to use. If you have private messages you would like to keep, simply take screenshots or export those messages by using the export XML option available to you before requesting deletion.
If you have an existing account but can no longer remember the login credentials, you may e-mail info@wolfquest.org for recovery assistance if you remember the username or the registered e-mail. If you cannot remember either, then an exception is made where you are permitted to sign up for a new account.

Is there a household limit?
The rule for our community forum is one account per person. So long as you do not use an account that does not belong to you by way of shared or sharing login credentials, yes, more than one person from the same household can sign up. Our recommendation would be to make this clear somewhere in each person’s profile to prevent confusion or to explain the situation to any administrator or moderator via private message. :)

My account has an infraction!
Accounts that have received a warning or ban at any point in time are ineligible for deletion. Please get in contact via private message.

Consequences
Failure to abide by this rule – which, as of today, will be more strictly enforced than it has been in previous years – may result in a warning or ban issued across all identified accounts. If you are currently in violation of this rule, know that you are NOT in trouble if you come forward as soon as possible. You can contact a voluntary administrator - Neamara, any of our senior moderators - paperpaws or Koa via private message, or you can e-mail your deletion request(s) to the WolfQuest Team. This announcement can also be used. Honesty is the best policy! If instead you receive a private message from one of the members named in this section, please respond to it at your earliest convenience.

I will leave this thread unlocked for discussion and questions.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup
Name: Soul

Re: Important - Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited

Post by DragonSoul720 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:06 am

Well... I do have other account. I just don't remember the credentials for them. Sorry about that >_<
If it's any consolation, I only use this one, and haven't used any of the others for some time now

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 am

DragonSoul720 wrote:Well... I do have other account. I just don't remember the credentials for them. Sorry about that >_<
If it's any consolation, I only use this one, and haven't used any of the others for some time now
As Neamara covered in the thread, exceptions are made to those who do not remember enough of their login credentials to successfully recover previous accounts. What we do not want is people creating multiple accounts (in general) and then using them simultaneously on the forums.

KotiKkRotikK
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by KotiKkRotikK » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:37 pm

At the expense of profiles in the game, I would advise to clean up unused and including Kotikk005, DannaWolf283, Sani, these are my profiles, but KotiKkRotikK do not touch

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Thank you for informing us. :)

I deleted what I could without affecting KotiKkRotikK, however DannaWolf283 was the only account that did not seem to exist.

Skittish17
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Pierce

Post by Skittish17 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:18 am

I've talked to Lobo about a few of my accounts and I'm not sure if he deleted them or not. One I could not get into was hot dawg. I tried everything.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:19 am

You can always check by using the memberlist search feature to confirm. If you e-mailed your request to the WolfQuest Team, I'd say give it one to three days up to about a week before you check for confirmation. If they still haven't been deleted by then, you can either post here or shoot me a private message with the usernames.
Skittish17 wrote:One I could not get into was hot dawg. I tried everything.
Looks like it doesn't exist.

Skittish17
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Pierce

Post by Skittish17 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks for that! I didn't think about doing that. I appreciate your help.
Why do humans always look to the sky? Why do you try so hard to fly when you don’t have any wings?
-Kiba (Wolf’s Rain)
Avatar by Ash Smith of Facebook ^^

TacticianLyra
Pup
Pup

Post by TacticianLyra » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:24 pm

My former account "Myra the Sark" can be obliterated.
I don't even have the email for that account anymore.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Re: Important: Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited

Post by Phasoli » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:54 am

I finally got into my old account to take all the screenshots I wanted this morning, as well as message a few old friends and direct them toward my new account. It's fine to do away with the old now!

The username is "Okamijapwolf"
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Eternal123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Eternal123 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 pm

I do have 2 accounts, but I can not get on my other account on the forms so I had to create a new one:(

AeonSpirit
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by AeonSpirit » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 am

I have a second account called Xodax. Can you delete that?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:26 am

AeonSpirit wrote:I have a second account called Xodax. Can you delete that?
Xodax has been deleted.

xenomothe
Pup
Pup

Re: Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited

Post by xenomothe » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 pm

I have an old account called Flowerkitty299, but I'm reluctant to delete it as it's quite a memory and I don't know what to do..
moved accounts i dont use this anymore

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Multiple Accounts Are Prohibited

Post by Neamara » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:55 pm

@SukioFan: Normally it is okay to move accounts without requesting the deletion of your former account(s) -- this has been done in past, as you may see by looking through older topics where users have stated that they have moved as an image in their avatar, a note in their signature, or otherwise left elsewhere on their profile. I can see this has been done. We have specified the conditions of keeping old accounts in the first post:
Neamara wrote:Can I create a new account if I already have an account?
There are very few exceptions. If you are looking for a fresh start, you may create a new account for that purpose under the condition that you completely stop using or abandon your previous account. Ideally you should submit a deletion request for any accounts you no longer intend to use. If you have private messages you would like to keep, simply take screenshots or export those messages by using the export XML option available to you before requesting deletion.
To reiterate: you will need to abandon the flowerkitty299 account in every sense of the word: no logging into it at all, no posting from it, and no private messaging from it. If you can do this, it will be left alone, but you must refrain from logging into your old account from this point on/as of this post. I've logged the account's last active date - if you can't do this, then it's better to have flowerkitty299 deleted as activity from two accounts will be treated as multi-accounting.