Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Post by loboLoco » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:51 pm

Everyone here on the WolfQuest team would like to thank all of you for supporting the game. We've had a great year, with steady sales and a growing player base. Check out the graph below, which shows concurrent players in multiplayer games from January 1st to today. ("Concurrent" means "players online each minute" so it's a handy way to see general multiplayer activity.)

Because of your support for the game, we've been able to make some great improvements and additions this year: emotes, more realistic 3D environments, new animals, and a lot more. So now we are ready to start work on -- yes -- a new episode! We've been reading up on the life of a wolf pack as the pups grow up, and consulting with our terrific science advisor, Dr. Dan MacNulty, to figure out what exciting new gameplay the next episode should have.

We'll be sharing more in the coming months. Please note that we have not set a release date, but it isn't anytime soon. (And those who've been around awhile will understand why we'll be very cautious about release predictions :/ ). But we are truly thrilled to finally embark on the long-awaited and much-requested new episode -- and it's all because of your support. So thank you again, and happy new year!
MP usage 2016
MP usage 2016
MPusage2016.jpg (87.44 KiB) Viewed 9632 times
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Thanks for supporting WolfQuest!

Post by Koa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:00 pm

So glad to hear there will be a new episode, Dave! This is great. :) Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to the project.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:04 pm

I've been waiting for episode 3 ever since episode 2 was released, haha! I'm really glad (and proud!) to see how far WolfQuest has come! Here's to 2017!

Kyrozide
Pup
Pup

Post by Kyrozide » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Even though I haven't been here awhile, I have been here since 2.5 and this game has changed drastically! Thank you for putting your time and effort into this already great game. Super excited for the new episode! :D

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:32 pm

I am so proud and grateful that WQ has come this far. We are incredibly fortunate to have such a talented and dedicated team, and I am delighted to hear that the good work will only continue. May 2017 be the best year yet!

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:47 pm

I've played this game since December 2008 and I am so proud of all of its improvements. I am beyond thrilled to hear that the game is expanding into episode 3!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:51 pm

Awesome - I'm definitely looking forward to it! Best of luck, take your time, and thank you to everyone involved for your continued hard work and dedication. ^^
I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Here's to 2017~

SolitaryHowl wrote:I've been waiting for episode 3 ever since episode 2 was released, haha! I'm really glad (and proud!) to see how far WolfQuest has come!
Likewise, Solitary. :)
Last edited by Neamara on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Re: Thanks for supporting WolfQuest! And what's to come!

Post by Frodo1 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Oh my gosh, yes! This... this is the culmination of my hopes and dreams!

I have watched this came grow up... I've been playing since the demo. I just... I cannot describe how proud I am right now, or how excited! I cannot wait to see what 2017 holds for WolfQuest!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:16 pm

I'm so glad to hear that a new episode is on the way! It's great to see how far we've all come and what we've managed to establish as a whole! I wish you all a Happy New Year!

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:41 pm

really pumped for the new episode! Thanks for everything you do!

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:05 pm

Man, what awesome news! A new episode? I'm thrilled and proud to have bought the Wolfquest game! :D :wolf:

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:49 pm

2016 has been a year of luck and triumph for this game that will live in my heart eternally. May 2017 bring even more luck for this long-awaited episode!

Maertice

Post by Maertice » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:33 pm

This is totally great. I've excited to hear the new version of the game, 3 is coming..Wow! Thanks for posting Dave, and special thanks for other WolfQuest Games Supporters and developers! :wolf:

Happy New Year!

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:15 pm

Wow, an new episode? I had a previous account when the game was only 2 episodes and the more dull characteristics of the game existed. Wolfquest was active before there was a smudge of disinterest. Wolfquest has come a long way since then. Awesome job with all of the improvements and thank you for hosting the game, WQ Team! I look forward to further enhancements to come :)

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:28 am

Ever-green wrote:
  • Thanks for the update Dave, but I don't see a link to the graph you are referring to!

I am on mobile, so apologies if I missed it somehow...
I'm guessing this is a copy-paste from the same announcement on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/games/431180/ ... 2577427021), in which case it's this graph.

So stoked to see WolfQuest doing so well after all these years. Keep up the great work, and all the best wishes for 2017. ♥