WolfQuest 2.7.3 released, with moose!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

WindingPath
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.3 released, with moose!

Post by WindingPath » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:52 pm

What map is the Santa on? I've been searching the Slough Creek winter map but can't find it.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:55 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Well, phooey....uh...yeah, yeah, it's a fridge, that's it. A fridge. :/

I bet that's an ice block since there's no handle, but fridge works too ^-^

BlackWolfeGrimm
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlackWolfeGrimm » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Yeah, Moose on the Loose seems like a logical guess. But what is it for is my thing LOL is it like a cheat code in the files? Give the wolf Moose antlers? LOL kidding, but still, I'm curious. :? :? :?

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:11 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Shiverdam wrote:EDIT: I also noticed that the antlers on the bull elk and bull moose carcasses change with the seasons. Not a huge deal but kinda funny.
Yes, because IRL, antlers do change with the season! (Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying...)
I mean that the antlers on the carcasses change. The antlers in the dead elk and moose bulls change with the season. So if a moose bull was killed in the winter (no antlers) before pups come, when the season changes to spring, that same carcass would then have the small antlers.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:35 pm

Shiverdam wrote:
loboLoco wrote:
Shiverdam wrote:EDIT: I also noticed that the antlers on the bull elk and bull moose carcasses change with the seasons. Not a huge deal but kinda funny.
Yes, because IRL, antlers do change with the season! (Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying...)
I mean that the antlers on the carcasses change. The antlers in the dead elk and moose bulls change with the season. So if a moose bull was killed in the winter (no antlers) before pups come, when the season changes to spring, that same carcass would then have the small antlers.
Aha! Yes...kinda funny. Who knew that antlers keep growing after death? (Or maybe they do...fingernails are supposed to, aren't they? Though I've never tested that myself.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 pm

duskypack wrote:
wolfluvr101 wrote:
I'm also thinking that MotL is "Moose on the Loose.'" I'm dying to know if that is correct or not!
The real question is not what it stands for, which you'll probably find out, but what it is :wink:
Oh man, now you've really got me curious!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 am

rene-frankie wrote:Can someone explain what codename motl is???
You'll have to figure it out yourself. ;)

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:38 pm

It's nice to have another large ungulate to hunt in addition to elk. :moose: This is a good choice for an update after the last updates added new predators to the game.

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:58 pm

rene-frankie wrote:oh look! i also... have a fridge...

http://i.hizliresim.com/1VG7rG.png

serious question, is this intentional? like a human trace maybe?? perhaps they dumped it into the river because it stopped working, lol.
A little earlier in the thread, Dave implies it's not intentional. It also moves up the river and changes size when you switch from winter to spring. Not sure what could have caused it but yeah, it's not supposed to be there.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:22 pm

WQ 2.7.3p1 is (mostly) released!

We're rolling this patch out over a few days, rather than waiting until all platforms are ready. It's available now on all platforms except iOS (currently waiting for review, hopefully won't be more than another day or so).

Version 2.7.3p1 fixes and improvements:
* Bull moose fights appear correctly for non-host players in multiplayer games.
* Fixed bug that sometimes prevent moose-kill achievements in multiplayer.
* Cow elk achievement fixed to display properly when earned.
* Mysterious white cube has returned from whence it came.

* And on mobile, some tweaks to reduce memory-related crashes in Slough Creek and Lost River. (If game still crashes on phone or tablet, be sure to switch to the lowest quality level in Game Settings, and restart your device before playing the game to ensure the game has all available RAM memory.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:08 pm

It's so awesome to see all of the progress going on with Wolfquest! It's coming along and has come so far; man, I can't wait to see where it goes next! :D :moose:

KarliahTheCat
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by KarliahTheCat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Log one, post one, in the case of: MotL

My team and I have been searching since the update was released. From the Amethyst mountains to Slough Creek, Lost River and everywhere in between. With little evidence. Until...

Night had fallen and we decided to split up. After traveling through the city, I made my way to the abandoned BCE labs. I began my investigation outside the gates. Little was to be found. Until...

A yellowish white glowing light caught my eye. I thought it was just my time to go, maybe all the elk I've killed had finally caught up to me. I watched it for a moment, thinking my fate had been sealed. Until...

I noticed movement, and a strange sound that was basically the child of a cow from the cattle ranch and a moose. And then, it happened. In a flash, the light morphed into it's true form; a moose. But not just any moose, a dancing, spinning, floppy moose. It derped off into the sunset, then returned, and continued. Could this be what MotL is? To be continued...

sea land animals
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sea land animals » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a COW moose? I've only found bull moose in specific locations. (By the pond in Amethyst Mountain and the hilltop in Lost River) I've tried looking at dawn and dusk, but I'm still having no luck.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 pm

We've released a small update for Android and Kindle, with a bunch of optimizations that may should reduce and hopefully eliminate memory-related crashes on phones and tablets with only 1 GB of RAM memory.

If you've had such problems, please be sure to get this update -- it's version 2.7.3p1b (in the small text at the bottom of the main menu.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup
Name: Soul

Post by DragonSoul720 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:51 am

Oh, still haven't seen a moose yet, but really excited about this release!