WolfQuest 2.7.3 released, with moose!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.3 released, with moose!

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:33 am

If you're having trouble earning the Many Moosen achievement, I figured out why. The stated requirement is 25 cow moose kills, but in the code, the requirement is 100 kills. Oops! I'll fix that in the next patch. Very sorry about that!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:46 am

loboLoco wrote:If you're having trouble earning the Many Moosen achievement, I figured out why. The stated requirement is 25 cow moose kills, but in the code, the requirement is 100 kills. Oops! I'll fix that in the next patch. Very sorry about that!
Wow, I haven't even been able to kill a single moose yet. Don't kill us with those secret achievements, Dave! :shock:

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Post by Loach » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:43 am

I haven't so much as seen a moose yet omg don't go murdering us with those secret achievements x_X

At this rate I'm honestly just trying to figure how how to best find them, and eventually find some friends to help me hunt them to get the achievements for them. So far I've only found carcasses, but I've yet to see a single moose.

Which is odd, because I'd had a file say I'd been on a moose hunt before, yet I didn't see the moose at all. o.O'

Swans Feathger
Pup
Pup

Post by Swans Feathger » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:55 am

Does anyone know how to find cow moose in Amethyst Mountain? Also, looks beside the river in Slough Creek for them! :moose:

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:09 pm

I haven't seen a cow moose in AM yet, only bulls. I think there's a 40% chance for cows in AM, though, so perhaps I'm unlucky.

But yeah, you can find moose in Slough Creek along the river and around oxbows sometimes. Moose like water. :)

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:59 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:I haven't seen a cow moose in AM yet, only bulls. I think there's a 40% chance for cows in AM, though, so perhaps I'm unlucky.

But yeah, you can find moose in Slough Creek along the river and around oxbows sometimes. Moose like water. :)
I did see ONE cow moose in Amethyst Mountain, but that was during the beta. I haven't been able to find one since then!

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Post by Loach » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:05 pm

I haven't seen a single moose in Amethyst Mountain, but I've started finding them in Slough Creek. I managed to notice where bull moose tend to appear and tried to stock up a herd of elk as health stock to take one on my own, but I ran out of carcasses close enough so it disappeared when I had to go to a farther run. Shame. I'd managed to whittle it down pretty good.

It's still really easy for me to miss moose altogether, though. I've been on 8 moose hunts, but out of all of them, only half of them resulted in me actually seeing the moose. Every other time I didn't even notice until I checked my pack's stats later.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:18 pm

We're rolling out patch 2.7.3p2 over the next few days. It's available now on Mac/Windows versions, and coming in the next few days on mobile platforms.

Improvements:
* New new XP-based achievements, called Ranks. You will automatically earn those when entering a game level. They are displayed on a new Ranks tab in Account: Achievements, and upon entering a multiplayer game.
* New penalties for getting killed in multiplayer games: players killed by elk, moose, grizzly and cougar lose 500 XP, must wait six seconds before respawning, and respawn with 45% health.
* Added an "Add as Friend" button to Pack Stats in Multiplayer games.
* Adding scrollbar to Message panel to allow for longer messages.
* If player chooses higher difficulty when starting Raise Pups missions, achievements will be based on that level.

Fixes:
* Errors with the number of required kills for Many Moosen and Not Moosing Around achievements fixed. NOTE: This fix will not be triggered until you enter a game level.
* Hares, moose, and elk killed in winter season retain their winter color and antlers after the transition to spring.
* Removed floating carcass in Amethyst Mountain.
* Blocked fontsize tags in multiplayer chat to prevent abuse.

Sambhur (WQ moderator) created the rank-achievement icons -- aren't they beautiful?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Post by twinlinskis » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:53 pm

hi i heard you talking about juliet and her art so i came here to shower her in compliments
  • they're so pretty i currently have the urge to scream (and i did, kind of, when she showed them to me earlier today)
  • every time i see her art it makes me want to die because she's really good at it and i could never dedicate myself to genuine art like she does
  • tbh i admire her even tho she's younger than me but we don't talk about that
  • so much skill
  • v proud of her for having her art featured in the game :')
also i'm feeling a lot of Excitement™ for this new update :') haven't been able to play in a while so it'll be refreshing to hop back into a game with new stuff i can fiddle with

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:23 am

Positively impressed by the artwork for the achievement icons! They work well with the other icons, too, despite being in a different style. Absolutely fantastic job, Sambh :)

Enjoying the "new new" achievements too, heheh.

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:05 am

Aw thank you so much!!! Especially you Mary my goodness what a post.

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:05 pm

Is this update available for the free trial too?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:40 pm

FocyThePirate wrote:Is this update available for the free trial too?
Most updates seem to apply to the paid content of the game (user accounts/multiplayer), so I imagine the only difference it makes for the trial version is the removal of floating carcasses in Amethyst Mountain.

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Ah okay. Thank you for that Anduril!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:11 pm

We finally got the mobile versions updated with 2.7.3p2, so please update your device.

Improvements:
* New new XP-based achievements, called Ranks. You will automatically earn those when entering a game level. They are displayed on a new Ranks tab in Account: Achievements, and upon entering a multiplayer game.
* New penalties for getting killed in multiplayer games: players killed by elk, moose, grizzly and cougar lose 500 XP, must wait six seconds before respawning, and respawn with 45% health.
* Added an "Add as Friend" button to Pack Stats in Multiplayer games.
* Adding scrollbar to Message panel to allow for longer messages.
* If player chooses higher difficulty when starting Raise Pups missions, achievements will be based on that level.

Fixes:
* Errors with the number of required kills for Many Moosen and Not Moosing Around achievements fixed. NOTE: This fix will not be triggered until you enter a game level.
* Hares, moose, and elk killed in winter season retain their winter color and antlers after the transition to spring.
* Removed floating carcass in Amethyst Mountain.
* Blocked fontsize tags in multiplayer chat to prevent abuse.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer