WolfQuest 2.7.3 released, with moose!

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.3 released, with moose!

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:34 pm

This is kinda late but......WOOHOO :moose:

Chinuk
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Chinuk » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:44 pm

I've noticed the Moose are abnormally skinny and lanky. Are Moose in the wild actually like that? And I found the two Bulls fighting, but there is no noise or animation- My friend sent a video of them and they were butting heads and clashing antlers, but on my screen they weren't, they were just standing there staring at eachother. Is that a bug?

Bloodstar
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Bloodstar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:57 pm

ortravis wrote:What does Codename: MotL mean? I'm extremely curious and cant figure it out. Atleast a hint? :3
My guess is that it means "Codename: Moose on the Loose." Lol

Love the new update, guys! It's wonderful to see how much WQ has grown since I started playing it nine years ago. ♥

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:03 am

Amazing! I'll have to try this out later today!! I cannot wait!

Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk
Pup
Pup
Name: Arik

Post by Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:51 am

Just curious was this update free? I had the original 2.7.2 but this came up as an update, and when I downloaded it on my iPad. It didn't say it charged me anything. Not sure if my internet goofed. It's been in and out lately. I just wanted to make sure. Also it's so cool to have mooose though I haven't found any yet lol. :wolf: :moose:

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:02 am

Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk wrote:Just curious was this update free? I had the original 2.7.2 but this came up as an update, and when I downloaded it on my iPad. It didn't say it charged me anything. Not sure if my internet goofed. It's been in and out lately. I just wanted to make sure. Also it's so cool to have mooose though I haven't found any yet lol. :wolf: :moose:
Yes, the update is free, but thank you for checking to make sure. :)
Keep on looking, they are more common at dawn & dusk.

Chinuk wrote:I've noticed the Moose are abnormally skinny and lanky. Are Moose in the wild actually like that? And I found the two Bulls fighting, but there is no noise or animation- My friend sent a video of them and they were butting heads and clashing antlers, but on my screen they weren't, they were just standing there staring at eachother. Is that a bug?

Yes, Moose IRL are very tall and lanky. They have very tall legs. Here's a picture of one in Yellowstone - I believe the ones in Yellowstone look a little different than the ones further north (less heavier as well). http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I ... G-3305.jpg

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:
Kamaal wrote:The 'Rudolph bull' really adds to the touch - nice one!

I'm still struggling to find a moose, but I seem to have no luck yet... Any hints maybe?
They are more common at dawn & dusk, though not guaranteed to appear during those times. There are some spots on each map where they like to hang out, not sure if I can say more.
loboLoco wrote:Moose graze in riparian areas (especially with willows), but if there are no such vegetation available, then they'll graze in the woods.
This is a bit late, but thank you! That helped quite a bit. Now the only thing left to do is find me some cow moose...

Chinuk
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Chinuk » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:15 pm

My apologies for asking so many questions. Why is it that the moose are always alone? I heard that they travel in small groups or pairs, is that true?

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Chinuk wrote:My apologies for asking so many questions. Why is it that the moose are always alone? I heard that they travel in small groups or pairs, is that true?
Moose are usually solitary animals. As far as I know, they only come together during the rut (breeding season), or when you see a cow/mother with her calves.

BlackWolfeGrimm
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlackWolfeGrimm » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:31 pm

WAIT A MOOSE?! That's amazing! Also, what's the codename for? I get that it's code but like... What for? Also. I have a question, Do the devs of wolfquest ever plan on adding calf elk into the spring herds? It would be awesome!

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:35 pm

I'll have to update!

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:56 am

The first time I popped into the game after the moose were released, one had spawned right where I was, I turned around and BOOM! dead.

I'm also thinking that MotL is "Moose on the Loose.'" I'm dying to know if that is correct or not!

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:08 pm

So it would appear that in Multiplayer, when two bulls are fighting, they appear as just standing still facing each other. The host can see them fighting but to the other participants, it's just a stare-down.

EDIT: I also noticed that the antlers on the bull elk and bull moose carcasses change with the seasons. Not a huge deal but kinda funny.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 pm

wolfluvr101 wrote:
I'm also thinking that MotL is "Moose on the Loose.'" I'm dying to know if that is correct or not!
The real question is not what it stands for, which you'll probably find out, but what it is :wink:

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Shiverdam wrote:So it would appear that in Multiplayer, when two bulls are fighting, they appear as just standing still facing each other. The host can see them fighting but to the other participants, it's just a stare-down.
Hmm...thanks for reporting that. We'll look into it.
Shiverdam wrote:EDIT: I also noticed that the antlers on the bull elk and bull moose carcasses change with the seasons. Not a huge deal but kinda funny.
Yes, because IRL, antlers do change with the season! (Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying...)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer