Lexicon Chat disabled in WQ 2.5

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

LionaKuka
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Lexicon Chat disabled in WQ 2.5

Post by LionaKuka » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:42 pm

i get that you need to do that, but why? just remove more words.You guys are putting all your attention to the 2.7, but some of us can't get 2.7(i love wolf quest because it is free, now the new version for ten bucks, its stupid)so please get the lexicon chat back

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:49 pm

LionaKuka wrote:i get that you need to do that, but why? just remove more words.You guys are putting all your attention to the 2.7, but some of us can't get 2.7(i love wolf quest because it is free, now the new version for ten bucks, its stupid)so please get the lexicon chat back
They've been gradually removing words for 7+ years, but people always find ways to get around the system. You can't exactly replace words like 'meat' anyways, since its kind of essential to wolf life.

It was incredibly frustrating, and it was a huge waste of time & money. I'd rather them put those resources to good use elsewhere. I'm glad the lexicon is gone.

rainiepainie
Pup
Pup

Post by rainiepainie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:05 pm

dangerisback wrote:that's not fair, you selfish people, you all just want money
Games aren't free to make, and they need the money to support the game and expand on it. Thats not selfish.

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:09 pm

LionaKuka wrote:i get that you need to do that, but why? just remove more words.You guys are putting all your attention to the 2.7, but some of us can't get 2.7(i love wolf quest because it is free, now the new version for ten bucks, its stupid)so please get the lexicon chat back
(Directing the following to all people upset about this)
It isn't stupid at all because the WQ developers need their pay. They've been working countless hours on the new WQ, including fantastic features like new customizations, better ways to chat (text chat where you can actually say the gender of your wolf? Voice chat? Worth it!), and user accounts that allow you to private message people in-game, save your game data, unlock achievements, add friends, and create packs. All for $10, INCREDIBLY cheap compared to other games. It's a win-win: the developers can be paid for their great services to the project, the players can unlock all these features for next to nothing.
For all of you complaining about how you can't roleplay with new friends online even after buying 2.7, just ask to join a pack there. The pack leader can send announcements, which can include private game info. You can also view the "Advertise your multiplayer games!" thread in the General WolfQuest Discussion board to see the name and password to plenty of private games so that you can RP freely and play with new friends. Bada-bing bada-boom, two ways to expand upon the 2.5 multiplayer fun you won't miss once you get 2.7.
If you're still not convinced that this was a good decision, the money earned from 2.7 purchases could be saved toward a potential Episode 3 for WQ.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:16 pm

DerpBacon wrote:
It isn't stupid at all because the WQ developers need their pay. They've been working countless hours on the new WQ, including fantastic features like new customizations, better ways to chat (text chat where you can actually say the gender of your wolf? Voice chat? Worth it!), and user accounts that allow you to private message people in-game, save your game data, unlock achievements, add friends, and create packs. All for $10, INCREDIBLY cheap compared to other games. It's a win-win: the developers can be paid for their great services to the project, the players can unlock all these features for next to nothing.
For all of you complaining about how you can't roleplay with new friends online even after buying 2.7, just ask to join a pack there. The pack leader can send announcements, which can include private game info. You can also view the "Advertise your multiplayer games!" thread in the General WolfQuest Discussion board to see the name and password to plenty of private games so that you can RP freely and play with new friends. Bada-bing bada-boom, two ways to expand upon the 2.5 multiplayer fun you won't miss once you get 2.7.
If you're still not convinced that this was a good decision, the money earned from 2.7 purchases could be saved toward a potential Episode 3 for WQ.
Yes! Please read this people! This is why removing the lexicon ain't a big deal! This is why you shouldn't be so upset or worried about it!

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:16 pm

DerpBacon wrote:
I'm totally agreeing with DerpBecon, just think, they might actually make a third episode and what about all the other new features and chat freedom? I know that you're sad, so am I, since I can't buy the game at this time. But just consider that again, before posting negative and rather not so polite comments to a team, which worked so hard for countless hours. I believe it's pretty reasonable.

InsanityLynx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by InsanityLynx » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:27 pm

Aww man, :( This is sort of sad to hear but its for the best!

Spirit-the-wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Spirit-the-wolf » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:30 pm

The game was SO FUN! But now you had to go and ruin it by completely getting rid of Lexicon chat! I'm not going to play the game again until public multiplayer lexicon chat is back up. When the game is fun again. I'd rather be doing homework or cleaning up. So please, BRING BACK LEXICON CHAT AND PUT AGE RANGES FOR CERTAIN PUBLIC PLACES! It would most likely be more effective and it wouldn't let you in unless you were the appropriate age!
Last edited by Masika on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please be mindful that this is a family friendly forum.

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Spirit-the-wolf wrote:What the the pond? The game was SO FUN! But now you had to go and ruin it by completely getting rid of Lexicon chat! I'm not going to play the game again until public multiplayer lexicon chat is back up. When the game is fun again. I'd rather be doing homework or cleaning up horse poop. So please, BRING BACK LEXICON CHAT AND PUT AGE RANGES FOR CERTAIN PUBLIC PLACES! It would most likely be more effective and it wouldn't let you in unless you were the appropriate age!
I'm afraid that such thing isn't going to happen, the lexicon is gone for good. I know that you liked this feature, but it was a necessary action the team had to take. The new and improved WQ is far better than the old one. It has lots of bug fixes, pups in multiplayer, new customization options, a new map, free text and voice chat and much more! I would consider buying it if I was you, plus the price is pretty reasonable considering to other games, it's only 10$.The team has really put a lot of effort to keep the game alive and going. If Dave had decided not to continue his work on here, the game would be most likely dead, since they were planning on shutting down the lexicon chat from 2011. Just think this though before you act so quickly.
Last edited by Kamaal on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:37 pm

Spirit-the-wolf wrote:What the the pond? The game was SO FUN! But now you had to go and ruin it by completely getting rid of Lexicon chat! I'm not going to play the game again until public multiplayer lexicon chat is back up. When the game is fun again. I'd rather be doing homework or cleaning up horse poop. So please, BRING BACK LEXICON CHAT AND PUT AGE RANGES FOR CERTAIN PUBLIC PLACES! It would most likely be more effective and it wouldn't let you in unless you were the appropriate age!
DerpBacon wrote:(Directing the following to all people upset about this)

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Please do not attempt to swear.
DerpBacon wrote:
DerpBacon wrote:(Directing the following to all people upset about this)
Please make sure you have at least three words (not counting those in quotes) in your posts, otherwise they will be considered spam.

midnight1975
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by midnight1975 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:12 pm

Okay I get that you guys want it to be family friendly and what ever. But why should ALL of us be punished for what a few people did. I bought the new WQ update and honestly, it didn't work at all. It was glitching, wouldn't let me click anything and froze every 2 seconds. This is really making people upset. What I don't understand is why you are doing this. Why don't you just add more filters. You have taken away the freedom to speek, and A LOT of people are up set. Please reconsider.

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:28 pm

midnight1975 wrote:Okay I get that you guys want it to be family friendly and what ever. But why should ALL of us be punished for what a few people did. I bought the new WQ update and honestly, it didn't work at all. It was glitching, wouldn't let me click anything and froze every 2 seconds. This is really making people upset. What I don't understand is why you are doing this. Why don't you just add more filters. You have taken away the freedom to speek, and A LOT of people are up set. Please reconsider.
But like.... is it really punishment? There's a phrase chat that does what it's needed for, and if you want to do a roleplay you can just invite people to a private game where there's unrestricted chat and voice (or rather, relatively unrestricted - no cursing, but that's about it!).

Blade248
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Blade248 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Aww, that's too bad :( Though I completely see your point. Chat was being abused in so many ways, it was ridiculous (and rather frustrating to use, in all honesty). However, with the new chat options in 2.7, I'm gonna convince pretty much everyone I know to buy the game once the tablet version is out!

[ghost bird]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by [ghost bird] » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:37 pm

• I hate to be another one of those people, but
    Spirit-the-wolf wrote:The game was SO FUN! But now you had to go and ruin it by completely getting rid of Lexicon chat!
    I came here to say this. It has already been said.
    It's now basically impossible to say anything other then "Hello! Let's go hunt an elk! Lets be friends!" Conversation is impossible. Heck, there's not even a "bad" option in general responses. If you want to communicate anything more complicated then "I'm hungry," you're gonna have a bad time.
    Being able to meet people, and find friends in open games was an awesome experience. You could see their personality, more or less. Players might as well be emotionless potato sacks with happy faces painted on them now.

Even with the "new and improved" 2.7 chat, this means you can't just jump into a game and roleplay with someone. You have to go onto the forums and hunt for an open roleplay game. Easier and more convenient then before? No, but at least a small group of shady individuals won't be running around talking about meat, right? And that's all that matters. midnight1975's calling it a punishment might be a bit harsh, but essentially correct.

Here's the vibe I'm getting from this:
    If you don't have, or don't want to spend ten dollars, it sucks to be you. Have fun finding grizzly bears and playing tag for the rest of your days.