Lexicon Chat disabled in WQ 2.5

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Re: Lexicon Chat disabled in WQ 2.5

Post by Kamaal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:06 am

loboLoco wrote:For those who are unable to purchase 2.7 due to currency issues: Can you elaborate on that? So PayPal and credit cards are not possible for you to use, or is it some other obstacle? Are you able to purchase games on Steam or Humble Bundle or Amazon?
Let me get this clear to you Dave, no. I'm not able to purchase anything with credit cards or pay pal out of my country, due to the capital controls. I could only buy the game if the distribution company was in my country or if I could purchased with regular money. I can only purchase products with credit cards and pay pal which are held in my country. If anyone has any ideas on how my problem could be solved I would be grateful.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:31 am

Eliza Doolittle wrote:Unfortunately for the makers of Wolf Quest, I believe that they have lost (and are still) a lot of players, ones who have been on almost since the beginning of the game
To be perfectly blunt: You are confusing WQ 2.5 with games that have a monthly fee for multiplayer. Sure, it was gratifying that lots of people kept playing 2.5 all these years, but that incurred support costs for us with no compensating revenue. If those people are so angry at losing access to free multiplayer that they absolutely refuse to consider paying $10 to regain access (and get much more along with it), then I really don't know what to say to them. Do you know the phrase "cut off your nose to spite your face"?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:35 am

loboLoco wrote:
Eliza Doolittle wrote:Unfortunately for the makers of Wolf Quest, I believe that they have lost (and are still) a lot of players, ones who have been on almost since the beginning of the game
To be perfectly blunt: You are confusing WQ 2.5 with games that have a monthly fee for multiplayer. Sure, it was gratifying that lots of people kept playing 2.5 all these years, but that incurred support costs for us with no compensating revenue. If those people are so angry at losing access to free multiplayer that they absolutely refuse to consider paying $10 to regain access (and get much more along with it), then I really don't know what to say to them. Do you know the phrase "cut off your nose to spite your face"?
My goodness. Why do I love this post so much? Probably the wittiest way to deal with the complainers.

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:38 am

loboLoco wrote:
Dave has a point, people will consider paying the very reasonable price the game needs to get access to tons of new features and a much better multiplayer experience. Lots of games out there cost far more than WQ and basically are much lower in quality and gameplay. I must admit that WQ was and remains one of my favorite games, the whole team did a remarkable job.
Thanks again guys.

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:40 am

Kamaal wrote:
loboLoco wrote:
Dave has a point, people will consider paying the very reasonable price the game needs to get access to tons of new features and a much better multiplayer experience. Lots of games out there cost far more than WQ and basically are much lower in quality and gameplay. I must admit that WQ was and remains one of my favorite games, the whole team done a remarkable job.
Thanks again guys.
Agreed, from beginning to end.

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 am

CakeWolfy wrote:
amethystrose wrote:Ever since 2.7 came out, I've been more drawn to it than in 2.5. So I'm not that disappointed that the Lexicon chat was disabled in the last version, because chats in 2.7 have gotten better, especially with private games. Although, I do understand that there had been mishaps with people not cooperating as they should and breaking the rules, bypassing the filter with saying words that were similar to the ones that were banned, and other things. I'm agreeing that Phrase Chat is a better option for open public games, because it provides a "safety wall" for younger users from older users. I have heard that more phrases will be added to Phrase Chat, as more suggestions are given, am I right? I did take the time to read everything, and I completely understand. I just won't be playing 2.5 as much anymore since I'm very much tangled into the new version.
Goodbye Lexicon Chat in 2.5. May the safety of our users be forever in our hearts. :)
That is actually the nicest and most beautiful post I've seen on this topic. Why can't more people be reacting this way, instead of being rude, inconsiderate people? I agree with every word in this post, it's a good thing to see lexicon chat go away, it's safer for everyone and prevents inappropriate behaviour.
Thank you, CakeWolfy. Your positive feedback on my post was greatly appreciated. :) I am very understanding when it comes to situations like this. Things do have to come to a close when they don't go as it should have went.

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:26 am

amethystrose wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:
amethystrose wrote:Ever since 2.7 came out, I've been more drawn to it than in 2.5. So I'm not that disappointed that the Lexicon chat was disabled in the last version, because chats in 2.7 have gotten better, especially with private games. Although, I do understand that there had been mishaps with people not cooperating as they should and breaking the rules, bypassing the filter with saying words that were similar to the ones that were banned, and other things. I'm agreeing that Phrase Chat is a better option for open public games, because it provides a "safety wall" for younger users from older users. I have heard that more phrases will be added to Phrase Chat, as more suggestions are given, am I right? I did take the time to read everything, and I completely understand. I just won't be playing 2.5 as much anymore since I'm very much tangled into the new version.
Goodbye Lexicon Chat in 2.5. May the safety of our users be forever in our hearts. :)
That is actually the nicest and most beautiful post I've seen on this topic. Why can't more people be reacting this way, instead of being rude, inconsiderate people? I agree with every word in this post, it's a good thing to see lexicon chat go away, it's safer for everyone and prevents inappropriate behaviour.
Thank you, CakeWolfy. Your positive feedback on my post was greatly appreciated. :) I am very understanding when it comes to situations like this. Things do have to come to a close when they don't go as it should have went.
You're welcome, amethyst. And once again, I totally agree with you there, if things just aren't going right, it's just best to shut if down and start over with something new.

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:30 am

Totally agreed, it's reasonable. Some people just need to be patient. The thing I've learned is that to every problem there's always a solution.

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:36 am

Kamaal wrote:Totally agreed, it's reasonable. Some people just need to be patient. The thing I've learned is that to every problem there's always a solution.
I think that we can all agree that the shutting down of the lexicon and introducing safer methods of chatting in 2.7 is the most reasonable solution to the whole "safety or convenience" issue that the lexicon has gone through (I called it "safety or convenience" because oftentimes the team had to decide between safety in the chat or chatting convenience with the lexicon, especially when it came to the considering of blocking certain words). The new chat in 2.7 is a good solution because it provides safety (phrase chat only in open rooms, keeping younger audiences safer) AND convenience (a new way that makes arranging private rooms easier, and giving private rooms more flexible chat options, such as voice and text chat).

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:38 am

Alright, now you earned a cookie ^^
I agree 100% with your opinion.

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:40 am

Kamaal wrote:Alright, now you earned a cookie ^^
I agree 100% with your opinion.
Awesome, I shall now hide in a corner to eat my hard earned cookie!

I've never though so deeply about WolfQuest tbh...

EDIT: I know this is off subject but.....you know it's National Cookie Day?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:41 am

Please try to remain on topic, guys. Switch the conversation to PMs if you want to continue, to keep the topic organised. Thank you!

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 am

Anduril wrote:Please try to remain on topic, guys. Switch the conversation to PMs if you want to continue, to keep the topic organised. Thank you!
Okeedokee Anduril! Kinda got carried away with this discussion ^^'

Kamaal

Post by Kamaal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:52 am

Oks... Apologies... I kinda got carried away .-.

OreoTheCookie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ellie

Post by OreoTheCookie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Yeah, I understand how it is. But though, I (and others) are disappointed because of this novelty. Actually, there were and still are some people playing Wolf Quest only to hunt and explore, but most of players were enjoying the role-playing. Role-playing is not just talking about what your wolf does or something like that, but for me, it's becoming an wild wolf in Yellowstone national park, being an loner or having an pack. The game was actually made for children to learn about wolves more, but I just can't see the point of learning anything when you don't have too much options to do. That's why usually role-players are describing their wolf(As there's no ability to change eye color or show wolf character). That's the reason, why players loved to role-playing. It's like sharing your wolf thoughts or activities. When I realized, that something is wrong with lexicon chat, I've decided to check out the forum. Then I noticed this: 'Lexicon chat was removed from Wolf Quest 2.5'. I hardly could deal with that. Even the thing, that new version has no Lexicon chat in it not added, was shocking. I just see no reason in playing Wolf Quest with my friends, because I can't chat with them normally any longer. It will make hard for players to make friends or make each other understand some things, that are not added in Phrase chat. I really understand why you had to do this, I just want ability to chat like before... For now, I have no choice, but only to wait. Wolf Quest without Lexicon chat is not interesting for me any longer. I beg you, reconsider your decision! :(