WQ 2.7: User accounts

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by valkea » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:37 am

loboLoco wrote:We've set up an entirely new user account system in WQ 2.7. This will require creating a new account (not tied to your forum account)
User accounts are not connected to your forum account, so you can use the same name for both your forum and game accounts if you want.

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:16 am

Ah okay. I actually sort of already guessed that, but you could never know for certain, right? c;
Thanks for letting me know!

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:57 am

Are you able to get the new account/username before actually getting the game? I don't have an ipad and won't be able to get the game until compiter release but would like to keep my username for the new game.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:19 am

Rustic wrote:Are you able to get the new account/username before actually getting the game? I don't have an ipad and won't be able to get the game until compiter release but would like to keep my username for the new game.
I believe we'll have to wait until it actually comes out but we should hopefully be able to download it quickly as those checking the forums would be the first to know and thus would probably sign up with their own usernames!

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:34 am

Wolvencall wrote:
Rustic wrote:Are you able to get the new account/username before actually getting the game? I don't have an ipad and won't be able to get the game until compiter release but would like to keep my username for the new game.
I believe we'll have to wait until it actually comes out but we should hopefully be able to download it quickly as those checking the forums would be the first to know and thus would probably sign up with their own usernames!
Wolvencall's correct. The computer version is going to be released first, and it will be linked on the forum a few days before any other sites. So if you check regularly, you should be able to download it via the WQ forum and make your account before most other players.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:35 am

As the new user account system is based in-game, I'm afraid this is likely not going to be possible. However, I think you'll be glad to know the PC version will actually come out before the tablet version will, which should perhaps relieve some of your concerns.
loboLoco wrote:[...] Seeing how the large majority of players want to get the desktop (Mac/Win) version, and since the tablet version requires a bit additional optimization, plus the one-week review time for Apple's App Store...we're going to release the desktop version as soon as it's ready, and then get the tablet version submitted for review, so that will be released about 10 days later, roughly. Sorry about that, tablet players, but we decided there was no good reason to hold up the desktop release due to those tablet-only factors.
So, as Wolvencall said, if you keep an eye out on the forums you'll probably be able to be among the first bunch of players and catch your own username.
  • EDIT
Got ninja'd by Lobo Laughing... Going to leave this here for the post link, though :')

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:21 am

Thanks guys that does help, ad had thought the tablet verdion was coming first. That also makes me even more excited as will be able to play sooner than had thought.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:23 am

I really like this idea, it is such a great addition.

bonnie bunny
Pup
Pup
Name: Star

Post by bonnie bunny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:21 pm

That is really neat I can't wait for it

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Wait a second, could I still use my username and password from this account? Or would I have to set up an entirely new everything?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:26 pm

@wolfbeta7: Your current account will only be usable in 2.5 multiplayer and on the community forums. In 2.7, you'll need to set-up a new account due to forum account integration being discontinued. You could still register and login with the same exact username and password if desired.

algk10
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by algk10 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:41 pm

Ahhh I've been waiting forever for an update to come out and I'm so excited to get into all of this. When will PC edition be available to buy :mrgreen:

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:56 pm

algk10 wrote:Ahhh I've been waiting forever for an update to come out and I'm so excited to get into all of this. When will PC edition be available to buy :mrgreen:
Earlier than the tablet version, is all we can say right now :)

The game is getting closer every day, but there is no set release date yet as the Team just can't predict any potential hindrances that might pop up. Right now, it still looks like it is going to be this month, though.

white fang101
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by white fang101 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Can I keep my White Fang101 account? or do I have to let it go?

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:19 pm

white fang101 wrote:Can I keep my White Fang101 account? or do I have to let it go?
Forum accounts and game accounts won't be linked- but you can certainly try for the same username in-game ;)