WQ 2.7: User accounts

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Re: WQ 2.7: User accounts

Post by PeltOfAsh » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:20 pm

white fang101 wrote:Can I keep my White Fang101 account? or do I have to let it go?
You will have to create an account on 2.7, so you could possibly keep it, or use a new username if you so desire.

EDIT: Heh, Frodo beat me to it.

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:01 am

Would it be a possibility to add the ability to change our username in the game at least once like the Username Change Request Thread?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:55 am

Lilly Shane wrote:Would it be a possibility to add the ability to change our username in the game at least once like the Username Change Request Thread?
I am unsure if that is possible, at least in the feasible sense. So far, username requests are being granted on a volunteer basis through this forum; I do not think that username requests would be able to be granted-- at least, not in the same way. Dave might have more information on the probability of that.

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:19 am

Will our wolf name be the same as the user in multiplayer? I hope not. I liked it when I could name my wolf.

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:26 am

The reason we can't name our wolves in multiplayer is because it would be harder to report users if they did something wrong. And people would attempt to copy other's wolves.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:31 am

Snow130 wrote:The reason we can't name our wolves in multiplayer is because it would be harder to report users if they did something wrong. And people would attempt to copy other's wolves.
This was indeed the case in 2.5, but I believe that you'll be able to name your wolf again in 2.7 (or at least, we can in the current beta build - not sure if this might yet change). As multiplayer in 2.7 will be both paid and overhauled now, people will have a harder time and hopefully will be a lot more discouraged from breaking rules. Getting banned would require you to purchase a new game key if you'd want to keep on playing multiplayer, as accounts can't be 'unbanned'.

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 am

Ah okay. That would be great!

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:59 am

The new account system isn't active yet, right? The full game must be firstly released if I'm not mistaken. So we can make an account (a new one) once the full game is released?
I got a bit confused there...

llsaturnskiesll
Pup
Pup
Name: Amy

Post by llsaturnskiesll » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:55 am

Rain-song wrote:The new account system isn't active yet, right? The full game must be firstly released if I'm not mistaken. So we can make an account (a new one) once the full game is released?
I got a bit confused there...
Well, you'd need to use a key to create your account for 2.7. Dave did mention that the new accounts would require payment, and that's what the key would be used for when you purchase this new version of WQ. As far as I know, no, the new account system is not active. You're right about waiting for the full release of the game, and then you should be able to make an account.
You can check the around this thread to see other explanations, and I hope this helped you understand better.

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:58 am

Alright, thanks a lot NobleSky, now I got a better prospective of that :)

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:24 pm

When associating the new account with an email address, can the address be changed in the future?

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Oh, this sounds like a great addition!! I think it's preferable to the current system so that the game and forum databases aren't the same (and the auto-verification sounds ideal, haha). Can't wait to try it out!

Grey Claw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Grey Claw » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Hello! Will you be able to use your old username and password?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:24 pm

@Grey Claw: No, forum/2.5 game accounts will not carry over.
loboLoco wrote:We've set up an entirely new user account system in WQ 2.7. This will require creating a new account (not tied to your forum account), but with instant/automatic activation.
Please review the first post of this topic for the benefits of creating an account when the full version launches. :)

IcicleWing
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by IcicleWing » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:23 am

This is the best idea ever! Now that when you release the game you'll be able to sync your account, the saved games that the players work or dedicate their time to will still be available if their computer or iPad breaks!