Username Change Request Thread

Read and comment on the latest news about upcoming episodes and changes to the forum and game, or read and enter our monthly giveaway contest.

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Username Change Request Thread

Post by Neamara » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:18 pm

! Message from: Neamara
The thread has been reopened. Please be aware that request fulfillment times will be varied due to ongoing low activity and traffic. Continue reading...
Hi everyone, if you're tired of your current username, we can announce at long last that username changes are now available!

Before posting, be aware that this thread is specific to forum username requests. Account usernames for the premium game cannot be changed by posting here!
For game accounts in the premium game (Classic/2.7 and Anniversary Edition/WQ3), read this: Can I change my username?

Eligibility Guidelines

• ✧ Username must be between 3 and 20 characters! Can use alphanumeric, space, or -_[] characters.
    ✧ You must have had no infractions (warnings or temporary bans) against your account within the past six months.
    ✧ You cannot request a username that is already in use; accounts will not be renamed or deleted (banned or inactive) to fulfil your request. ✧ Usernames are not case sensitive. It is not possible to have an uppercase/lowercase/mixed-case duplicate of an existing username.
    ✧ You are welcome to submit more than one username in order of preference.
    ✧ Most importantly, the new username must not fall against the forum guidelines.
If you can comply with these simple rules and you are certain you want a name change, feel free to make a post on this thread. If you're a COPPA user, you will not be able to make a post here. Instead, shoot me a private message. ^^ If approved, your username will be changed within 24 hours of your post or private message. Last but not least, if your browser allows you to save/remember or otherwise store your login information for websites, be sure to update it with the new login credentials. Old usernames will no longer be recognised by the game or forums once changed.

Request Limitations

Each account is currently limited to two requests per year. The first and second requests can be made at any time throughout the year; making a third request in the same year will result in your request being declined after the second change was made until one year has elapsed. We only allow extra changes to correct any mistakes or to revert. (It helps to recheck your post to confirm there are no typos!) You can always contact a moderator or administrator to check when your username was last updated.

Creating a new account to bypass this system may result in your request being ignored. Circumventing the system is against the rules and creating more than one account is not allowed. We may choose to ignore your request if any existing accounts you own have already had a username change.

One request per author. You can only request a username change for the account you are logged into and posting with, regardless of your affiliation with another member. Posting a request for or on the behalf of another user will be ignored and may result in your post being removed. Users who have no access to their account are advised to contact an administrator for recovery assistance.

Infractions affect eligibility. As stated in the eligibility guidelines, account infractions (official or, depending on severity, unofficial warnings and temporary bans) will determine whether or not you can post a request. If you've changed your username but have received a warning since the first request, you will not be able to make a second request and must wait until six months have passed. We may make exceptions to this span of time based on severity.

Please be patient with the administrators and senior moderators, and thanks in advance for understanding! If you have any questions, you are welcome to post them here.

Master List

Just so everyone can keep track of who is who, a master list will be compiled and updated as changes are applied. You can also view a member's original username on their full profile page. Be aware that once your username has been changed, there is no guarantee you will be able to revert to your previous username, however some names will be reserved to prevent re-use, misuse or impersonation.

Hint: Looking for someone? Press Ctrl and F (Windows) or Command and F (Mac) simultaneously to open your browser's find feature.
Changes are being logged here whenever I have time to update it: this Google Spreadsheet. :)

Updates

• 5-Jan-2020
    Neamara wrote:To prevent a backlog, the thread is now closed due to the current bout of low forum activity/traffic. Current requests are now on hold and may still be processed while the thread is on hiatus. If you wanted to submit a request, all we can do is ask that you remain patient -- this may be temporary and we may reopen this at some point in the future, but while the padlock is present, please do not submit requests via e-mail or private message.
    viewtopic.php?p=2563357#p2563357

5-Jan-2020
    Neamara wrote:To prevent a backlog, the thread is now closed due to the current bout of low forum activity/traffic. Current requests are now on hold and may still be processed while the thread is on hiatus. If you wanted to submit a request, all we can do is ask that you remain patient -- this may be temporary and we may reopen this at some point in the future, but while the padlock is present, please do not submit requests via e-mail or private message.
    3-Dec-2017
    Neamara wrote:We may allow some exceptions to usernames that contain words that are normally filtered, however, we review such requests on a case by case basis. For example, "Amaterasu" cannot normally be registered due to it containing the word "mate"; this would be permitted as it is known to be the name of a character in the videogame Okami. We will try to respond to posts that contain a disallowed word along with whether or not an exception will be made.
    Spoiler
    Show
    6-Apr-2017
    Neamara wrote:Older entries in the master list have been moved to a publicly-viewable spreadsheet over on Google Docs -- you'll find the link in the spoiler. I will clear this out annually with each January that comes and goes for as long as this thread is running. (@Fellow admins & senior mods: feel free to continue logging changes under the master list or let me know if you'd like editing access to the spreadsheet. Thanks. ^^)
    Source: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p ... 9#p2498289

26-Jun-2016
    Neamara wrote:The old restriction of one request per account has been revised! Members can now request up to two changes per year.
    Source: N/A
Last edited by Neamara on Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 585 times in total.
Reason: Master List logging removed. Refer to spreadsheet.

Spardalet
Name: Spardy/Spards

Re: Username Change Request Thread

Post by Spardalet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:34 pm

Pssssst

Secret Love » Spardalet? ^^

Also this little part kind of confuses me
Last but not least, remember to update your browser’s saved login credentials to use the new username when logging in.
Care to elaborate a bit?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:38 pm

If you allow your browser to save your login credentials to a website, basically wipe your old details from the saved passwords list and save the new ones when you next log-in if it doesn't automatically update.

Spardalet
Name: Spardy/Spards

Post by Spardalet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:42 pm

I think I get it, this happens if you're constantly logged in? (Please forgive me, I am tired ;u; )

Myk

Post by Myk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:50 pm

VNightV » Myk or Myktard if Myk doesnt work.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Interesting...

Why is your username Neamera? Wasn't it that before? Is the change one-time?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:54 pm

duskypack wrote:Interesting...

Why is your username Neamera? Wasn't it that before? Is the change one-time?
No, I registered here as nightangelwolf and never got in with the first opportunity to change my username. I've just grown tired of that name. x3
Username changes are currently limited to being a one-off, though it may change in the future. I'll update the first post to reflect that.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Does stuff like "Stay on topic and No backseat moderating" count as warnings, I'm wondering.....

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:23 pm

No; I'd say they'd count more along the lines of being reminders than being actual warnings, unless a moderator private messages you about it being a problem.
  • Edit
Yep, Koa is correct- any warnings received from an administrator that fall within the allotted time frame will always result in a request being declined, but we may also consider moderator warnings under certain circumstances if necessary.
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited post.

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Ok then:

Teeny_Wolfy >> CakeWolfy

EDIT: Thanks a ton!~
Last edited by SilkenGalaxy on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:28 pm

I believe in the past that official warnings (when a warning was physically linked to your account by an administrator) served more as rule as to not allowing username changes for some folks compared to an unofficial warning (private message from a moderator) or simple on-thread "reminder."

I'm not the one changing usernames so I can't say what will or will not pass, but I suppose as long as you have had good behavior for the past few months and would be interested in a username change, I am sure it wouldn't be a problem. ;)

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Koa wrote:I believe in the past that official warnings (when a warning was physically linked to your account by an administrator) served more as rule as to not allowing username changes for some folks compared to an unofficial warning (private message from a moderator) or simple on-thread "reminder."

I'm not the one changing usernames so I can't say what will or will not pass, but I suppose as long as you have had good behavior for the past few months and would be interested in a username change, I am sure it wouldn't be a problem. ;)
Ok, thanks Koa for letting me know on that!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Hidden Phoenix >> Katserin Kynsi, please? c:
Edit: Thank youuu <3

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Randoven » Sato Crow

Thanks bae. If it's a no-go, then that's cool too. Still love ya'll.

Samber

Post by Samber » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Aleua - Rhakorra
Thanks a lot.