Petitions!

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Petitions!

Post by Sambhur » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:01 am

Signing online petitions are always quick and easy to do, and are for a good cause. I often see some that people from WQ might be interested in signing, so I thought why not have a thread for them!

Basically here you can just post a link to whatever current/open petition you find that has to do with helping animals or the environment/nature in one way or another. When posting a link to a petition, feel free to give a bit of a summary so we can know what the petition is for.

Please don't start any big discussions on this thread. If you wish to talk in depth about a particular issue, please take it to a more relevant thread on WQ to do with the issue, or the General Discussion thread, or even somewhere else privately. Posts here need to remain relevant to the purpose of the thread, which is sharing petitions. Quick questions and comments about certain petitions are allowed as long as discussion remains respectful.

Be respectful, if you disagree with something that a petition is for, just don't sign it. This thread is for awareness, not battles of opinions. However, accuracy of information is also important. If you see a petition that cites information that is clearly wrong, pointing that out is allowed. Correct information should always be a priority.
Also, don't attempt to peer pressure or guilt others into signing petitions.

If you're here looking for a petition to sign, go to the latest post/s on the thread. Those petitions are the ones that are mostly likely still open, as opposed to older ones.

Here's one to get this started: http://action.sumofus.org/a/seaworld-or ... blackfish/ Sign this one if you wish to help make it illegal to hold orcas in captivity for performance or entertainment purposes.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Re: Petitions!

Post by D0m » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:23 am

This petition is a really neat idea and so is this thread!
Thanks for putting this up, Sambhur!
I think it's great to have online petitions.... I'm going to sign it later.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There's so much punishment, so little time.
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:07 am

Good idea to post this topic! I'm sure that plenty of us come across an interesting online petition now and then, and it's nice to have a place to share them! I signed the one you linked a while back already, but I'm glad to see it's still going strong.

Apparently, UK farmers might be allowed to make use of pesticides known to kill bees... Bees are pretty much vital when it comes to pollination and the like, so this could be bad.

A petition against this can be found here: http://action.sumofus.org/a/neonics-uk/2/2/?sub=fb

Granger
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Shelby

Post by Granger » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Signed the two petitions that are up so far. I'm glad to see this topic up, and hopefully it is helpful!

D0m

Post by D0m » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:21 pm

I would sign both but I'm not happy giving out my email address, really.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
〘 Skadoosh 〙

D0m

Post by D0m » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Anduril wrote:Apparently, UK farmers might be allowed to make use of pesticides known to kill bees... Bees are pretty much vital when it comes to pollination and the like, so this could be bad.

A petition against this can be found here:http://action.sumofus.org/a/neonics-uk/2/2/?sub=fb
I'm really sad that this is happening where I live, so many things surprise you nowadays. Even places that seem nature aware can make silly decisions.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
〘 Skadoosh 〙

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:20 pm

This doesn't necessarily relate to wildlife, but they're still animals that need help: https://www.change.org/p/petco-drastica ... or-animals A lot of animals are affected by this, so it'd be good to see their living conditions at Petco improved.

Edit: help wild birds, save them from illegal trade: https://www.rainforest-rescue.org/petit ... wild-birds