Conservation Organizations

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

WQ Project Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Conservation Organizations

Post by WQ Project Coordinator » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:29 am

One way that you can take action is to support a conservation organization. Make sure that you research and read about a conservation group before supporting it. Finding an organization that you support their mission statement 100% can be a great way to take action. Support can be through giving financially, volunteering with them, talking to other people about them, linking to them, or even getting on their e-mail mailing list.

What organizations do you support?
Why have you chosen that organization?
In what ways do you support that organization?
What is their website?

Here are some examples of conservation organizations:
The Nature Conservancy
National Wildlife Federation
Defenders of Wildlife

There are so many more. This is just a discussion to see which organizations are supported by WolfQuest forum users and to spread the word about organizations that you like.

Please refrain from commenting disrespectfully about other's choices of organization. We can appreciate different points of view here on the WolfQuest forum.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Conservation Organizations

Post by wolf567 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:04 pm

What organizations do you support? The Aspinall Foundation
Why have you chosen that organization? Because they own the two animal parks near me, and i think the work they do is really good.
In what ways do you support that organization? Joined their mailing list, donated money through a sponsored run, told other people about them.
What is their website? http://www.totallywild.net/
Wolf567 / Blaze

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:16 pm

I dont think I actually support any organizations... unless the boy scouts of america or WolfQuest counts.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Midnight Snow
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Midnight Snow » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Blindseer wrote:I dont think I actually support any organizations... unless the boy scouts of america or WolfQuest counts.
Hah, yeah I don't either, except from being a scout, and supporting WolfQuest (though that's not much anyway). I'm kinda locked at the donation part; I live overseas from America, and can't donate over the web. Though I know it's a lame excuse -- I would rather not use it than do so. But that's how it is..

-Midnight Snow
     You're not paranoid. You know you aren't. At least you weren't, until they started coming after you.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 am

you could do a sponsored run and then hand the money to your local zoo or something like that, thats what i have done before.
Wolf567 / Blaze

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:50 pm

What organizations do you support?
I support Haliburton Wolf Centre, Earthroots and Sea Shepherd
Why have you chosen that organization?
Haliburton Wolf Centre is educating people in my province about wolves and wildlife. I`m also a fan of the late RD Lawrence, who advoacted for wolf conservation. Earthroots has always been pushing the Ontario Goverment for better efforts to understand how hunting and trapping within parks affects Algonquin wolves. John Theberge, Robert Bateman and Farly Mowat are associated with Earthroots as well :) lastly, despite their extreme measures, Sea Shepherd is always putting the Canadian goverment on the spot in regards to its treatment of wildlife. Its a rather extreme act of civil disobedience but it ceryainly gets the message across.
In what ways do you support that organization?
I go to Haliburton Wolf Centre every year to see the wolves. I always buy a membership and go to the wolf howl tours. I`ve written tons of letters to polticians and officials with the data that earthroots has gatherd, they`ve inspired me to look at the Algonquin wolf in a whole new way. After I met Robert Hunter, who was a GreenPeace co-founder in Canada, I later learned about one of his associtaes Paul Watson who created the Sea Shepherd orgainzation :) I always go to the rallies in Toronto.
What is their website?
Haliburton Wolf Centre
http://www.haliburtonforest.com/

Sea Shepherd
http://www.seashepherd.org/

Earthroots
http://www.earthroots.org/
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

-Sandy02-
Pup
Pup

Post by -Sandy02- » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 pm

sure i cna be good scout two i love wolfquest
avvie made byME!

we are great
we have water and a camp
we have love and friends
we are forest clan