Solar Panel*what do they plan to do with it?*

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Do you use solar panel?

Yes I do.
40%
No, we never have used it.
40%
What's Solar Panel?
20%
Who Cares?
No votes

Total votes: 5

Nahani
Pup
Pup

Solar Panel*what do they plan to do with it?*

Post by Nahani » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am

I apologize if there is already a topic about this, I can't access the next page and so on, since it says I'm not connected at the moment.... so... please feel free to lock.
How many of you use solar panel? if you do, what do you think, they do with it, when it's not in good use anymore?

Solar panels use light energy (photons) from the sun to generate electricity through the photovoltaic effect. The structural (load carrying) member of a module can either be the top layer or the back layer. The majority of modules use wafer-based crystalline silicon cells or thin-film cells based on cadmium telluride or silicon. The conducting wires that take the current off the panels may contain silver, copper or other conductive (but generally not magnetic) transition metals.

The cells must be connected electrically to one another and to the rest of the system. Cells must also be protected from mechanical damage and moisture. Most solar panels are rigid, but semi-flexible ones are available, based on thin-film cells.

Electrical connections are made in series to achieve a desired output voltage and/or in parallel to provide a desired current capability.
Many of you know already that---> Some recent solar panel designs include concentrators in which light is focused by lenses or mirrors onto an array of smaller cells. This enables the use of cells with a high cost per unit area (such as gallium arsenide) in a cost-effective way.
~*~*~*~*Alpha Female of The Wind Storm Pack*~*~*~*~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54700
Avvie (c) TheGreatAbyss

Stone-Dust2
Pup
Pup

Re: Solar Panel*what do they plan to do with it?*

Post by Stone-Dust2 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:30 pm

I think that solar panels are cool because you don't need to waste materials to make energy when you have a solar panel on your roof. It won't pay for all of the electricity, but it would be great if more people had them so they wouldn't have to use up so much oil and other materials to make electricity.

Chemuhk
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Chemuhk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:08 pm

I absolutely love solar panels! They don't require wasting of materials, and you can use them anywhere! The only problem is that they are VERY expensive. The world would problably be in a bit better condition if everyone used solar panels, but not everyone can afford them...
All in all, solar panels are a fantastic invention that could be a great alternative to fossils fuels!
För allting börja nånstans när ja tappar balansen,
Woah,
Det klart det blir så när man dansar
nära kanten.

Mei Kaasu
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Mei Kaasu » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 pm

They're pretty neat, but yes, they are very, very expensive. Not many people use them because of this, but it would be cool too. Free electricity. 8D

The best way of removing negativity is to laugh and be joyous. So Smile!

Nina Istatkov
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Nina Istatkov » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:39 pm

I love them too but I cant get one.