Animal Hoarding

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Paxis
Pup
Pup

Re: Animal Hoarding

Post by Paxis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:25 pm

alebrije wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:58 pm
Zawki wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 pm
I think you should report them to an animal welfare organization like the RSPCA, because that is just not right. It doesn't matter whether or not some people consider them to be "pests", or think "they're just rats", no animal should be treated like that.

I’ve reached out to some organizations in my area; only a one has responded, one explaining they do not have the space for rats. I’ll definitely do updates on my posts for this scenario. Pests or not, no animal should be treated like that as you said
Did you ever get an update on this? I'm curious to know the outcome as well.

´*.¨¯`**¨¯`*
Username in-game is Paxis and wolf is Azura

x1103
Pup
Pup

Re: Animal Hoarding

Post by x1103 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:17 am

I might have some... tendency to hoarding. Like, we have many dogs in the family, not all living together but I just love it when we get together and the whole "pack" is there - and I would love to have more. Also I have a weak spot for strays and pets that need a home. I almost took a third dog when I heard of one that was about to be given away by its owners, but ended up having a huge fight with my boyfriend... but he was the voice of reason that time. I have counted that if I had acted every time when my heart told me to I would have 18 dogs, which is just ridicilous because I have noticed that 2 is definitely the limit for me in terms of being able to give proper care and attention. When a friend sends me a pic of stray puppies etc... I really have to firmly tell myself NO. And it's hard! :shock: I think that one should always be true to themselves about what they can manage - but yeah I kind of understand people who end up hoarders. They just seriously need a reality check.
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.