Healthy indoor plants

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Rjbledsoe
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Healthy indoor plants

Post by Rjbledsoe » Tue May 24, 2011 6:03 pm

I've noticed that on some home improvement television shows they place certain plants that are the "Best for cleansing the air". I know they may be correct but I can't seem to remember the names of these plants. If anyone could tell me the name of the plants that cleanse indoor air I would be very thankful.
Thank you.
There's Something
Unique
About Everyone...

April

Re: Healthy indoor plants

Post by April » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 pm

I have no idea, but I do have lots of indoor plants. The ones that grow best in my house anyway. Just to make a guess I would assume anything with the most green on it, a really leafy plant perhaps. I took biology so I can sort of...guess I guess. Whatever plants can take in more Co2 will probably be the most likely to produce more CO2. I would assume plants that require more sunlight than others (such as full sun) would most likely create the most oxygen, but that is only a simple guess on my behalf. Don't necessarily take my word for it. Anything with lots of chlorphyll, carotine, basically green pigments. Green leafy plants I would assume. Maybe like vines, bushes, etc.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack