Nowzad Dogs

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Minn56oxox
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Nowzad Dogs

Post by Minn56oxox » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:40 pm

• Nowzad Dogs
42 Commando Royal Marines were sent to Nowzad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan in November 2006. Sergeant “Pen Farthing” was among them. While he was protecting the people of the war torn town of Nowzad, he noticed that it wasn't only the people that were in desperate need of help. Plenty of strays live in Afghanistan, this is where his story took off. Most of the strays were abandoned dogs or old fighting dogs. But it all started with one dog for Pen to take action. Nowzad - now living with Pen in the UK- was found by Pen, in the middle of a dog fight. He stopped the fight and took in Nowzad.

During his time in the compound, Pen Farthing took in other dogs, RPG, Jena and her puppies, Tali and her puppies, and AK. He took care of them, feeding the dogs what he could find that was suitable. Pen was determined to save these dogs. Please read one of the two books her wrote, buy them if you can as all the money goes to saving the dogs in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pen wrote two books, "One Dog At A Time" and "No Place Like Home". The rest of the story of RPG and the other dogs are in "One Dog At A Time".

Once back in the UK, Pen Farthing started a charity, a charity called Nowzad Dogs. With the donations, he is rescuing the dogs there and placing them in homes of the soldiers that are willing to take care of them. Pen is also helping cats, donkeys and even horses!

Please take a look at http://www.nowzad.com/ to learn more!
Avvie © Koa

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Nowzad Dogs

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Aww, this is very sweet. The people who started this organization should be blessed. Nobody ever thinks about the dogs in Iraq and Afghanistan!
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com