What have -YOU- done to help animals?

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: What have -YOU- done to help animals?

Post by paperpaws » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:47 pm

I have donated money to animal help on occasion, and when I was younger I took part in projects of the World Wildlife Fund... I got money for tigers and sharks, I think.

When I turn 16 I plan on volunteering at one of the local shelters, I've applied before (when I was 14, I think) and the woman was disappointed that I couldn't yet and gave me a tour. The cats were so cute. ;n;

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:36 am

I've adopted a dolphin via the WWF, so I suppose that counts c:

I also volunteer for my local animal shelter on weekends - I was surprised at how many animals were actually abandoned when I first started there. I also always buy my pets (such as my hamster and rabbit) from rescues rather than pet shops who don't always treat their animals well.

wolfyattitude
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolfyattitude » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 am

Sponsored a wolf and a dog
╔═══════╗
████████
ÐEatнηΘ†E║
████████
████████
████████
████████
╚═══════╝

Avvie(c)Lupinzpack

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:01 am

i can think of lots my family is known as the animal people of the neighborhood if they have wild animal trouble they call us knock on our door or bring it too us before i was born some brought over a crow with a broken wing but more recently me and my family have holped 3 racoons last summer 1 starling that got stuck in our attack a baby possum with fleas all over it tried to help 2 lost dogs find there way home rescued a pet cokeateil who was wondering the streets a year ago who si sitting in her bird cage behind me and rescued a baby house sparrow from certein death lived than grew and is also siting in his own bird cage behind me as i type this we let both birds out form time to time for peep the sparrow who needs his space since hes a wild animal and for ringtone the cokeateil she also needs her space so we let her out from time to time also
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

shelbywolf10
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by shelbywolf10 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:31 am

I have done a lot of things to help animals I have adopted a dog from a rescue group she's are German Shepard mix(Casey) she's an old dog she's about 11 years old and we also recently adopted to puppy's but we just got them from a breeder. but I can think of a lot of things that I have done to help animals
Free of spirit, body and soul
To her heart there was no key,
Captured by nothing, nothing at all.
Siggie (c) to whoever wrote the poem.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 am

I volunteer at my local animal shelter and I work for the 4-H group every now and then. I really enjoy it~ ^^

SpiritPelt

Post by SpiritPelt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:37 am

I donate to WWF a lot, it is great to do that, they help all different kinds of animals, Iusually donate for the tigers and other very endangered species. (:

LilyTheOmegaWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LilyTheOmegaWolf » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:14 am

i also donate to the WWF i have also adopted a tiger. but i do also have two cats i do want more animals such as dogs but my dad wont let me but as soon as i can afford to get my own place i am going to get a dog and a load more animals to help, i volunteer at the nearest RSPCA to, which i love working at to help feed and walk animals and basically spend all time with the animals and see the joy of people taking part and adopting themselves its awesome :D
~HOWL~

Help
Our
Wolves
Live

~WOLF~

Wolves
Our
Loyal
Friends

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

Garth Lily
~~~ Alpha and Omega ~~~

Anthama
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Anthama » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:29 am

I went to a shop called "PetsMart" and helped by telling them 'Ok' and 'Good boy/girl!'

So really I just helped animals be better with childern and stuff like that.

LilyTheOmegaWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LilyTheOmegaWolf » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:05 am

i hope to getting a better job with working with endangered animals but for now i will just keep donating to them and trying all i can to help them
~HOWL~

Help
Our
Wolves
Live

~WOLF~

Wolves
Our
Loyal
Friends

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

Garth Lily
~~~ Alpha and Omega ~~~

monkfishlover
Pup
Pup

Post by monkfishlover » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 pm

I did my High school community service hours at a cat shelter at petsmart.... I played with the kitties! :D

Also, my dad took care of a nest of baby possums one time...Unfortunately they died D:

Selize
Pup
Pup

Post by Selize » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 pm

I have helped animals in many ways! First of all I donate %40 of all the money I earn for doing chores to a local greyhound kennel. I also help to give homeless dogs a sense of family by feeding them and playing with them until they find a proper home! I have done a cupcake stand to donate all the money to an organization to help save the rainforest. I have adopted a manatee named Rita in Florida and with the help of my class we donate money to pay for any injuries Rita gets! I'm looking to get a part time job at a local animal infirmary and a zoo that takes in abused exotic pets like camels and lions. I am not old enough to start either job but as soon as I can I will be joining! I just love to help animals and for my birthday I only asked for pet items to send to kennels so the animals can have more luxuries (if they have any). I look forward to helping animals in the future when I am old enough to actually get a job and such! Don't tell any of my friends but I'm planning on picking up trash that birds choke on for my next birthday! And of course do something fun afterwards! :wink:
yoυ we re a ѕм all вυмp υnвorn,
тнen тorn ғroм lιғe,
мayвe yoυ were needed υp тнere,
we're ѕтιll υnѕυre wнy

Avvie ©brebear.dA
Signature ©Ed Sheeran (Small Bump)

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 am

I have helped on "Save our Shores" frequently to save marine life and I have also adopted a few pets.
I've also saved a small baby field mouse once, unfotuneatly it died, but at least it died in comfort.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Harvest Moon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Harvest Moon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:50 am

well i cant really do that much cuz im a kid and so busy all the time but me and my family foster dogs (mostly pit bulls people wont take) for a rescue orginization. unfortunatly we're failure fosters and ended up adopting two of the pits we fostered lol ;)

FireWolf5

Post by FireWolf5 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 pm

I've done a fundraiser while I was on vacation and donated the money to a wolf reserve in New Jersey and I adopted a Kestrel a couple years ago
Last edited by FireWolf5 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.