Dyed Animals

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: Dyed Dogs

Post by Thandi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:59 pm

I think dying dogs is terrible.... unless proven safe of course. Also, if the dye insn't permanent then I suppose it would be allright.
My opinion of dyed dogs and in fact any other animals, is that it is bad - but, not so bad that they should ban it. I would never dye my dog, but some people like it.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

NewMooon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NewMooon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:47 pm

I find it bad to dye dogs with anything really. I guess beet juice is OK since its natural and harmless, but other wise my opinion is NO.
..........╔═╦╗────╔═╦═╗
..........║║║╠═╦╦╦╣║║║╠═╦═╦═╦═╦╗
..........║║║║╩╣║║║║║║║╬║╬║╬║║║║
..........╚╩═╩═╩══╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩═╩╩═╝

.........."life IS hard."
.........."~ŋɚɰ ɱøøŋ

Green Paws Team

TextArt© Nightly
Avvie© Crystal

safren
Yearling
Yearling

Post by safren » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 pm

I dont think any kind of dyeing of dogs is good, the coat of a dog is that color and so why color it? Dogs need to at least not have green,purple, and different animal looking coats.
......................LIFE

───────╔═╗
───────║╔╝
╔══╦══╦╝╚╗
║══╣╔╗╠╗╔╝
╠══║╔╗║║║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╝

avvie© susijuani

Text art(c)nightly

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:51 am

I still think it is wrong. What does the animal think? We dont know but is surly is not, "Oh, I just love my new look..."

I heard they use bleach to make white spots! If we cant use it neither should they...
Creator of Return of the Pack project
http://moca.games/

April

Post by April » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:18 pm

It looks really neat to me, but at the same its like..MAN people have to decorate and personalize EVERYTHING! XD Well you know...people dye their hair so I don't see anything that bad about dying dogs either. But I wouldn't say to go all gung ho about it. I mean...I wouldn't mind a dyed dog once in a while but if people started dying it all the time it gets a big annoying. Not to mention wasting all that money to personalize a dog.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

loopywolflover
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by loopywolflover » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:22 pm

poor dogs though they do look a little cute
thank you to snowywolf101 for the awesome avatar. hi!
Looking for a friend/partner if you can be my friend/partner please pm me :(

April

Post by April » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Truth be told I don't think the dogs really care. I mean they would during the process of dying them perhaps, but after that they probably but after that they probably don't even notice. Especially if you dye them red or green-they can't see those colours anyway.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

~April~

Snow Powder Runs Pack

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 am

As the dogs might not "Care" may be true, but my vet says that sometimes (And by some he means 90% of the time) the dogs will get skin problems... So it may cause the dog pain, which is a no no...

kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Post by kmdogs97 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 am

Nightly-Howler wrote:As the dogs might not "Care" may be true, but my vet says that sometimes (And by some he means 90% of the time) the dogs will get skin problems... So it may cause the dog pain, which is a no no...
Well if they just die the fur, it shouldn't cause skin problems, if they're really carefull.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 am

kmdogs97 wrote:
Nightly-Howler wrote:As the dogs might not "Care" may be true, but my vet says that sometimes (And by some he means 90% of the time) the dogs will get skin problems... So it may cause the dog pain, which is a no no...
Well if they just die the fur, it shouldn't cause skin problems, if they're really carefull.
Well what happens most of the time is either the fur gets wet and the ink or gel gets to the skin, which causes the skin to become itchy...

OR the person putting on the color gets some directly on the skin which causes a rash that can spread to the whole body if let go!

April

Post by April » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Well I guess it really depends what kind of dye you use. Dye can actually be made out simple herbs or plants, without the use of chemicals. Though I guess lots of dyes are made with chemicals as well, which I wouldn't suggest using. Plant dyes are safe though. So it shouldn't irritate the skin unless the plant is like..poison ivy for example. But I don't think most of them are things like that cause dyes have to be handled.

Also, just comparing it to dying human hair, I wonder why dogs have rashes and such when humans can get away with dyed hair for long periods of time with usually no side effects.

Just for fun once we painted my dog with watercolour paintbrushes. Well I personally didn't, but my little sisters did. Sam sat there, he loved it cause he was getting attention and my dog loves attention. And of course since it was watercolour it disappeared from his coat within a week. We didn't completely colour him either. Just a shell like structure on his forhead, gave him a pink tail and pink paws. By the end of it Sam looked like a starship nagivator, and partly egyptian too XP

I just think it depends what your using to colour your dog.

~April~

Snow Powder Runs Pack

EpicNeon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EpicNeon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Personally, I think it's kinda cute. Though only if they use the right kind of dye. I've heard that they use vegtable-based dye to make those colors.
I love My Little Pony. Now go deal with it. Haters gonna hate.

loopywolflover
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by loopywolflover » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:42 am

Post by EpicNeon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 pm
Personally, I think it's kinda cute. Though only if they use the right kind of dye. I've heard that they use vegtable-based dye to make those colors.

i agree with EpicNeon.
thank you to snowywolf101 for the awesome avatar. hi!
Looking for a friend/partner if you can be my friend/partner please pm me :(

Dark Rumour

Post by Dark Rumour » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:47 pm

Wow...they just look ugly when they do that to the poor dogs! It'd be like someone dying my hair green and yellow and pink at the same time, along with each hair on my skin. I find it's pointless and ridiculous.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:34 am

wow... i just clicked through a lot of topics and found this and liked to share that I saw a poodle yesterday, very classy, but it had like a rainbow Mohawk? umm... I was like wow. the miniature poodle was black coated, and it's paws were blue and red... why do people do this? to show off what their pets look like in another glance. it's crazy
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog