Dyed Animals

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Suicine
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Look up, look down. Look left, look right. Do you see me? =)

Re: Dyed Animals

Post by Suicine » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 am

Sure, it's looks cute and pretty, but aren't our doggies pretty enough?
1. It could kill the dog within the year of the dye being sprayed onto the animal, or make it extremely sick. Personally, I'd prefer it to die not in pain.
2. Dogs are a man's best friend... not a silly model. If you want to put a picture of your coloured pooch up on the internet, snap a shot of it, and photoshop it.
3. It's just a huge waste of money. I mean, the dye lasts two weeks. You'd spend around $30 a can, so that's $60 a month. 60x12... I don't have a calculator on me, but that's a heap. Over $300 a year. I'd rather spend money on my kids, family, food and shelter than stupid dye to dye my dogs.

Also...
Dye <> Die? Get the resembelance people.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68199
  • ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)¸.·*¨)¸.·*¨)¸.·*¨)

Proud to be Kaia, Alukri of the ¢яιмѕση яαιηѕ ρα¢к.

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·*¨)¸.·*¨)¸.·*¨)
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68199

Starz10

Post by Starz10 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:13 am

When I was younger I asked my mom if I could die my dog's fur pink ( I was much youngrr back then, I would never)
Now, im older I know its harmful and I will never die my dog's fur, shes awesome the way she is.
Starz10
▬▬▬▬

"And her eyes were as bright as a million stars, gazing at the azure skies afar"

WolfQuest Community Member Since 2012

Call me Stardust or Star

▬▬▬▬

DefyingGravity
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DefyingGravity » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 pm

The practice of dyeing animals is wrong in itself. It's just another reflection of human carelessness and vapidity, a way to exhibit extravagance. I don't think animals are ours to fidget with in whatever way we see fit, I believe that pet owners should show respect to their pets and love them for what they are, not try to change them and subject them to practices that can sometimes prove very detrimental to their health.

Tapir
Pup
Pup

Post by Tapir » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Starz10 wrote:When I was younger I asked my mom if I could die my dog's fur pink ( I was much youngrr back then, I would never)
Now, im older I know its harmful and I will never die my dog's fur, shes awesome the way she is.
I've done a few things like that when I was younger, but would have never thought of dyeing the animal. (I probably didn't even know what dye was back then) But I totally agree that it's wrong to dye an animal's fur. And in your sentence it says "it's harmful and I will never die my dog's fur." Like Suicine said, maybe the die and dye wasn't exactly a typo. ;)

Starz10

Post by Starz10 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Opps I meant dye xD.
And like I said, I would NEVER dye my dog's fur EVER. It is wrong and disgusting.
Starz10
▬▬▬▬

"And her eyes were as bright as a million stars, gazing at the azure skies afar"

WolfQuest Community Member Since 2012

Call me Stardust or Star

▬▬▬▬

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:11 am

I wouldn't dye my dog. But i would like to see a photoshopped dog! It is harmful, cruel, and stupid
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

LarkaMisty2
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LarkaMisty2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:00 pm

I think it's cool and unique but why can't people accept their pet for what it is? I also don't think the dye used to color the pets fur is good for it.
╔══╗
╚╗╔╝
╔╝(¯`v´¯)
╚══`.¸.YOU

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:30 pm

I think my biggest concern with this is simply the effect this dye may have on the animals. People dyeing their pets is entirely up to them, and although in many people's eyes it's wrong, I do believe that owners who do participate in the coloration of their pets do have valid facts that support that the process is safe and non-toxic. My personal opinion is that there is really no sense. Animals are not like people, and are not to be treated as toys to experiment with colors on.

Depending on the solution used to dye the animal, and the long term effects it'll have, I have a tolerance to dyed pets. On another note though, one lady dyed her dog with purple beet juice from the crushed up veggie. She got it professionally dyed with this safe and natural source of color.. ^^
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

ironhide101

Post by ironhide101 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:04 am

People who dye the pets fur color are insane to me. You have hair of your own and your pets have no say in it. If you think dying your hair isn't bad enough, think about what you are doing to your pets. This is a true fact, when you dye hair, fur or whatever you are basically damaging the nutrients and cleanliness that make it healthy. I haven't heard of anything that can fix this so...

My hair is not dyed and it never will be, nor will I live to see people dye their pets fur or hair color. Anyways just thought I post this because I've seen too much of what these animals go though and this is just nuts!

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 pm

I know this is old, but the misinformation on this thread is quite alarming. 2013 wasn't even that long ago...(or was it?)
  • 1. Dyeing animals IS safe depending upon the products used. Many animal dyes nowadays are mostly or solely plant derived, thus posing little to no harm to the animal.

2. I mean, I personally dislike the look on dyed animals, but to say that anybody who dyes their dog is ''insane'' is itself an insane statement. I guarantee you the same people who disapprove of dyed dogs and cats are also the same ones who won't even bat an eye at a rancher marking their sheep.

3. Just becomes someone dyes their dogs funky colors does not automatically make them careless, arrogant, vapid, ridiculous or insane. Funny how we're willing to say this about animals but not about people who dye their hair.
    There is no difference. Both can be toxic and both can look 'ridiculous', it's just that we feel more confident and righteous about it when that subject applies to animals. "Why can't owners just accept the way their dogs naturally are?" Ah, okay then, women should stop wearing makeup too, or does that logic not transition over to humans for some reason? But that's a whole 'nother can of worms. :wink:

4. Groomers usually enter into competitions and may dye their dogs, owners may dye their dogs for special events or holidays or do it just for fun. The dogs don't care. It does not affect them mentally or physically, other than being an eyesore to some people. Humans are the ones getting upset for them. It still does not make it abuse, regardless of what you feel.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾