Endangered Animals

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

What animal do you support most?

Polar Bear
6%
Panda
2%
Red Panda
4%
Wolves
31%
Snow Leopard
19%
Sea Turtles
6%
Other
33%

Total votes: 52

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Endangered Animals

Post by Alpha2804 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:33 pm

I think I'll do a few adopt an animal programs! And donate money! There are plenty of smaller ways we can help as well^^

Oh and I forgot to thank Solitary for the topic link, i'll be sure to check it out!

I hear the oil spill has gotten cleaned up a bit?
And on the news I heard of a rare species of whale that was saved, but a few days later it passed away.... poor whale!

I wonder how the progress on water or algea fuled cars is coming along...
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
.can't you feel my heart beat fast
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

SkullCrusherWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SkullCrusherWolf » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:20 am

my friends and I are protesting at Miami sea aquarium because they have Lolita the killer whale and she is poorly treated go to youtube.com there a bunch of videos that show you how small her tank is and how dirty and leaky and rusty and small it is and BTW when you watch these videos break out the hankies :( :cry:

Animal Lover 4 Ever
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Animal Lover 4 Ever » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:41 am

Oh my gosh....i saw the videos....one made me cry :cry: Some people can be so cruel!
~~~~~~~~~
----------╔═╗╔═╗
----------║║╠═╣═╬═╗
----------║═╣║╠═║╩╣
----------╚╩╩═╩═╩═╝
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Signature © Me
~~~~~~~~~

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:15 am

I had to do a project in biology with this - we had to do a research project on endangered animals in Canada. I still have the website link somewhere, it's on a paper but it's an interesting site to find out more about them.

It's sad to see so man animals being endangered, although there are those who try to stop it. Which is a really good thing.

My favorite endangered animal would be the Swift Fox, I did my project on it and I still have to book. They're really fascinating.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:08 am

I did a lot of projects on endangered animals for my school. I've done one on African Wild Dogs, and explained their habitat, diet, ect. I mainly explained why they were endangered and how we could help stop it. Mine is on a bristle board, so I can see if I can try to find it (I did it way back in Grade 2, so its not the best and it may be hard to find if we even still have it).
It is a shame there's so many endangered animals out there. I have donated to the WWF couple times, so i'm glad that I am at least helping.^^
They sent me a card back saying my money was going towards helping the tigers.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Grin
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Grin » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:17 am

It's kind of uplifting to hear that so many people care about endangered animals and are actually doing things to help them, whether minor or large.

I've seen that at least one species goes extinct each year, which is disheartening.

___┍ ɢ ʀ ɪ ɴ ┑___

▔▔┕ ʜ ᴏ ᴜ ɴ ᴅ ┙▔▔

honeylove2001
Pup
Pup

Post by honeylove2001 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Animal Lover 4 Ever wrote:No offense to anyone who hunts, but I think that it's sick and wrong. I mean, we have meat in the store that's perfectly good, why in the world would u want to catch your own? For all we know, the animal you shot could have a family to look after, and somewhere out their it's baby could b waiting, cold and hungry, for it's mother 2 return. And if that's not bad enough, most people use traps to hunt animals. Do u have any idea how much those things hurt?!?! Who in the world would make an animal suffer like that. I mean, some people hunt humanily, but even if they do, they still take that animals life
-Rose

I Kinda Agree. But If The Population Of Is Huge, It Is Ok To Hunt. As Long As Your Not Hunting Endangered Animals.
Yes It Is Kinda Sad. But Think About When We Need Food, Like Meat. Chickens Are A Popular Meat Product.
Some People Hunt Animals That Are Endangered, Not Even Thinking Abut Extinction. Now That Is Wrong To Me.
ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ

Zasha
ℓєα∂єя σƒ Ŧøṝešт P̅̅αтṝıøтš
Warrior Cats Fan
WildQuest Book Author

ϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟϟ

Jayness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jayness » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't donate, but I plan to help out at local campains this year to help endangered animals. =)
..................αsριηε
......ωσℓfqυεsт cσммυηιтy мεмвεя

..Why run if you're already skinny?

Previously Aspine
──────────────────────────────

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:53 pm

^^ I plan on donating to a place that helps animals soon, thought my dad going to have to help me with that XP

Lets not get to overboard here with: Yeah some humans can be so mean!"
as it may turn into one of those 'rants'
lets try and think of all the good people try to do^^ There are many things that many people do every day to help out animals!

Aspine wrote:I don't donate, but I plan to help out at local campains this year to help endangered animals. =)

Great idea Aspine^^ I wonder if i have any of those near me lol
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
.can't you feel my heart beat fast
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Even if you can't find a donating place near you, you can always donate online.^^
I find donating online easier, though you'll probably have to use a credit card or something. I believe WWF allows you to donate online.
My aunt actually works for the WWF and she helps with saving whales. =)
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 pm

well mine is on the list with the wolves and pandas. but for another is Rhinos clearly stated only few having remained during the civil war, even Elephants, because of their ivory trunks, the ivory was used in war for materials being made for weapons, so they killed those large mammals for that reason, poaching is another issue, in Africa, elephants being shot at for intruding onto peoples home lands and crops. But think about it, whose been around longer? Humans? or Elephants? so the elephants basically planted out their routes thousands of years ago. humans want to protect their crops, yet instead of signaling them off they decide to kill em.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Sunny D
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Sunny D » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:12 pm

I support wolves. I watch wolf tributes on YouTube all the time and most say wolves are consistently killed for their fur! The same for Snow Leopards. They are killed for their beautiful pelt. Though, I cannot blame humans. We have been doing this for a long time now. I don't believe it is right, but there are only a few things we can do to stop them.
Here we go, welcome to my funeral.
Without you, I don't even have a pulse.
All alone, it's dark and cold...
with every move I die.
~Ke$ha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ƭнɛʏ ƨαʏ тнαт тяʋɛ ℓσʌɛ нʋятƨ, ωɛℓℓ тнιƨ cσʋℓ∂ αℓмσƨт κιℓℓ мɛ.
Ƴσʋиɢ ℓσʌɛ мʋя∂ɛяɛ∂ Ƭнαт ιƨ ωнαт тнιƨ мʋƨт вɛ
Ɩ ωσʋℓ∂ ɢιʌɛ ιт αℓℓ тσ иσт вɛ ƨℓɛɛριиɢ αℓσиɛ...
~Ƙɛ$нα

silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At the Slendy donation center. WHY YOU PEOPLE STEAL HIS PAPERS. WHY.

Post by silvywolfy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:57 pm

I actually support Amur Leopards more than wolves, for Amur Leopards are the most rarest big cat. They are most likely rarer than wolves, and if i could, i would adopt and donate to one with as much money as i could. I seriously think Amur Leopards need attention, since maybe less than 100 live in the wild.

But don't think i don't support wolves. Wolves are not pests. Nor are foxes or tigers or any other animal. We invaded their habitat- and they need somewhere to live. Why people, why do we kill them for medicine and fur coats when we have fake furs? ;A;
- MOVING ACCOUNTS IN A DAY OR TWO -

New account will be: Silvy_Courage

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:43 am

honeylove2001 wrote:
Animal Lover 4 Ever wrote:No offense to anyone who hunts, but I think that it's sick and wrong. I mean, we have meat in the store that's perfectly good, why in the world would u want to catch your own? For all we know, the animal you shot could have a family to look after, and somewhere out their it's baby could b waiting, cold and hungry, for it's mother 2 return. And if that's not bad enough, most people use traps to hunt animals. Do u have any idea how much those things hurt?!?! Who in the world would make an animal suffer like that. I mean, some people hunt humanily, but even if they do, they still take that animals life
-Rose

I Kinda Agree. But If The Population Of Is Huge, It Is Ok To Hunt. As Long As Your Not Hunting Endangered Animals.
Yes It Is Kinda Sad. But Think About When We Need Food, Like Meat. Chickens Are A Popular Meat Product.
Some People Hunt Animals That Are Endangered, Not Even Thinking Abut Extinction. Now That Is Wrong To Me.
I do not agree. Besides your argument is invalid since meat in the store also comes from hunting and fishing. Besides they have controled hunting and fishing. Meaning you can only hunt and fish for certain animals at certain times of the year. It's also illegal to hunt or fish for endangered species. So animals were I live like the bull trout/dolly varden,black rockfish,grey wolf,and others are protected from hunting and fishing. Also animals hunt for food so people can to. Even when your eating fruit from a plant you are doing pretty much the same thing as hunting. Plants and animals are both liviing organisms. Most if not all life on earth has to feed off another organism to survive. Some animals feed of plants.(It has been discovered that plants can give off distress signals.) Other animals feed off the animals that feed on plants. Since humans are animals to we were built to do the same thing.
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 am

Hunting is a very touchy subject for many- although it may seem cruel and wrong in the eyes of those who care for the well being of the animals, we must remember that there are people who have made their livelihoods on hunting for hundreds and thousands of years, many of which are avid nature lovers themselves. Hunters who practice appropriate hunting techniques in terms of conservation should not be frowned upon- those that should be frowned upon are poachers, if anyone.
You must respect other people's opinion on the matter- nothing can be accomplished until everyone is in agreement and understands the other side to the story~

Anyways this really isn't the topic to discuss this necessarily, so let's try to steer back on track^^