Endangered Animals

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

What animal do you support most?

Polar Bear
6%
Panda
2%
Red Panda
4%
Wolves
31%
Snow Leopard
19%
Sea Turtles
6%
Other
33%

Total votes: 52

Aleu254
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Somewhere or maybe no where, try again later something might pop up.

Re: Endangered Animals

Post by Aleu254 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Alpha2804 wrote:Hey guys! I like your creative expressions, poor elephants and stuff, but talk like this could eventually turn into a "save the animals, humans are bad" thing. Try not to double-post, just edit a post you've made. Sorry to sound pushy but I don't want this topic locked, thanks for reading!

Ok, I heard every second a baby is born in China. Humans multiply in swarms, but also humans may be dying every second. Not to sound bad or anything of course. I only wish that we could stop building cities and stuff! I know some people arent fond of the outdoors, but I wish some people would use log cabins. They're made of trees, so probobly more environmentally friendly. Turn water off when not using it. Turn off lights, the three R's reduce reuse recycle! Ride a bike instead of car. Only use a car for long distance. Bike riding is good for you! Gives you exercise! These are just some ideas. And for those who use cars a lot, the algea running ones would sure come in handy about now.
Rose, I know that the elephants may look like they want to leave the zoo, and I agree. Some of them might want to leave! But, we don't know. They could be as happy as ever. They seem to like it, taking dust baths, spraying themselves with water, playing around, running, all sorts of good actions. Zoos arent bad. They help animals. People come around to check up on the zoos, and if there's something wrong they will be told to fix it.

Seems we are slowly getting off topic.

Since human are born more then animals. Then it's go because then humans can help out.
In so places people hunt animals.
"Because they are too many in one place."
Well to help out more, move them into different places.
The show grow up animal. On the animal Channel, they help out.
People like that does help, but we can only do so much.
Life is hard, only you make it harder.
Everyone dies , only a few people really live.

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:06 am

Good point, but it depends on what you mean by move them to different places. If you mean spread them out in a certain area, then ok. But if you mean spreading them around a large area, some areas don provide what they need. Hunting is nessacary sometimes. And I've seen Growing Up Animal on Animal Plannet. It is a neat show^^
Anyway, I saw something on the news when I was in cayman. I saw news about the gulf oil spill. It showed a dolphin covered in oil and it died on the way to the hospital. This is what oil is doing to many animals in the gulf, I got upset over
1. About 600,000 gallons or something I heard was pouring into the gulf everyday.
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
.can't you feel my heart beat fast
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

Aleu254
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Somewhere or maybe no where, try again later something might pop up.

Post by Aleu254 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:11 pm

Alpha2804 wrote:Good point, but it depends on what you mean by move them to different places. If you mean spread them out in a certain area, then ok. But if you mean spreading them around a large area, some areas don provide what they need. Hunting is nessacary sometimes. And I've seen Growing Up Animal on Animal Plannet. It is a neat show^^
Anyway, I saw something on the news when I was in cayman. I saw news about the gulf oil spill. It showed a dolphin covered in oil and it died on the way to the hospital. This is what oil is doing to many animals in the gulf, I got upset over
1. About 600,000 gallons or something I heard was pouring into the gulf everyday.

The oil spoil is stupid. The sholdhad a back up plan. It's killing some many animal.
Life is hard, only you make it harder.
Everyone dies , only a few people really live.

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:27 pm

i had this idea this morning and now im puting into play my avatar as you can see is of a whale carcass being hauled in but dont get me wrong i love whales and some are prety darn close to being endagerd so if anyone wants to follow along they can so what i did is i took a photo of an endagerd speiceis the whale dieing from over hunting i made it my avatar what im thinking is if people see whats happening to these animals maybe they will also try to help save them the more people that care the more people will also try to help save that animal :)
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Thats a good idea^^ Yes I agree, the more people that see who see that stuff may want to help out more. I hope people see that some things we do are bad. I wonder how the progress on those cars are going, and I hope they find a way to stop that oil.
I completly agree, they should have had a back up plan in case something like this happened because now its hurting the lives of many animals in the coast and the hearts of the people that care about them. It'll take a while to clean up all the oil on the beaches and to get it out of the ocean. Lets hope they find a solution soon!

And on whale wars yes there is a team of people who go out looking for whaling ships and try and stop them. It is sad when you see footage of the whalers harpooning the whale, it's a good thing that the team of rescuers are out there or many more whales will have been killed by now.
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

-Izzy-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by -Izzy- » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:33 pm

I really dont like seeing that there are so many endangered species out there.
To me its truly heartbreaking.
I dont like to see that animals have a chance of dieing out.
I belive all animals deserve a fair chance to live D:
Help her cross the porch swept side-walk...
Watch the crickets chirp the morning, into their beautiful talk...
Pick up the snake who poorly slithered the road....
Oh please, with me, swing on the porch swing...
Please, hold hands with me...

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:31 am

-Izzy- wrote:I really dont like seeing that there are so many endangered species out there.
To me its truly heartbreaking.
I dont like to see that animals have a chance of dieing out.
I belive all animals deserve a fair chance to live D:
It is truly heartbreaking Izzy, and I agree with your post^^
¸.*¨*`.¸ ωσℓƒQυєѕт cσммυnιту мємвєя ¸.*¨*`.¸
..¸.*¨*`.¸ υn∂ιnє ƒαℓℓѕ ραcк мємвєя ¸.*¨*`.¸
...¸.*¨*`.¸ Avvie by TheGreatAbyss!! Thanks! ¸.*¨*`.¸

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:35 pm

I agree, it truely is heartbreaking. Which is why people should help these animals, not sit around watching tv.

I hope they clean up that oil spill soon! The more time we waist, the more oil harms animals and plant life.
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:02 am

It is a shame with all those species that are endangered, or even extinct due to human nature. But, you also have to think positive. Right now, there are organizations out there that are helping these endangered animals to come off the endangered species list. There are also many people who donate to them.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:18 am

Alpha Female wrote:It is a shame with all those species that are endangered, or even extinct due to human nature. But, you also have to think positive. Right now, there are organizations out there that are helping these endangered animals to come off the endangered species list. There are also many people who donate to them.
Way to be positive Alpha Female! Enviromentalists are working hard to help these species and with hope they will get them off the list^^
¸.*¨*`.¸ ωσℓƒQυєѕт cσммυnιту мємвєя ¸.*¨*`.¸
..¸.*¨*`.¸ υn∂ιnє ƒαℓℓѕ ραcк мємвєя ¸.*¨*`.¸
...¸.*¨*`.¸ Avvie by TheGreatAbyss!! Thanks! ¸.*¨*`.¸

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 am

[I just created a general Extinction topic, so all discussions about recent/past extinctions can be made here: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=39632]
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

[Takara]
Pup
Pup

Post by [Takara] » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:41 pm

I support the Snow Leopards the most, but I also support wolves and sea turtles.
I have been lucky enough to see sea turtles in the wild lots of times as I go on holiday to a greek island called Zakynthos alot, which is home to lots of sea turtles and sea turtle nesting beaches :D
They are very magnificent creatures.
Takara ~
Lone wolf.

Alpha2804
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Alpha2804 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:29 pm

[Takara] wrote:I support the Snow Leopards the most, but I also support wolves and sea turtles.
I have been lucky enough to see sea turtles in the wild lots of times as I go on holiday to a greek island called Zakynthos alot, which is home to lots of sea turtles and sea turtle nesting beaches :D
They are very magnificent creatures.

I support every animal^^ yes, Sea Turtles are very magnificent creatures. They are calm, and big xD, they seem to just drift along in the ocean!
...«Everytime we touch
.....I get this feeling
..and everytime we kiss
....I swear I can fly
...I want this to last
...need you by my side~

Grin
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Grin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:20 pm

At the Phoenix Zoo, you can get a free pamphlet that tells you how you can start your own fundraiser-like activity to support an endangered species located at the zoo. I thought that was pretty interesting, and I was going to start one at my school a few years back, but we never had the chance.

Just thought I'd share that since it's a really interesting(and helpful) way to support one of your favorite endangered animals. Maybe other zoos do something like this too...?

___┍ ɢ ʀ ɪ ɴ ┑___

▔▔┕ ʜ ᴏ ᴜ ɴ ᴅ ┙▔▔

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:21 am

I believe the Toronto Zoo does an 'Adopt an Animal' program where you pay some money each month that goes towards the animals exhibit and possibly in the wild (not really sure). It's a good way to help keep the animal's exhibit cared for, and you get a stuffed animal of the animal your helping, as well as a large plaque saying you adopted this animal.
I think its really helpful for endangered animals, as well as the non-endangered one's.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~