pollution in my area

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

mistyag
Pup
Pup

pollution in my area

Post by mistyag » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:38 am

there is a creek near my home that my friends i always used to hang out with some other kids in the area even built a bridge that goes over it until other kids ruined it right now the bridge is falling apart in the creek and around it is a whole heap of litter me and my friends try to clean it up try to put back the way it was but it those kids always ruin it again we have retrieved the bridge out of the creek countless times but it always ends up back in there again.

we want to make a difference but we dont know how to we have tried talking to them and we cant do much because we are only teenagers ourselves maybe some of you have a good idea that we can try to get it back to the way it way 6 months ago unpolluted and clean enough to swim in.
My Wolves

Taro- Proud Alpha Male of The Moonlight Wolves Pack
Riah- Proud Beta Female of The Crimson Stars Pack
Misty- Proud Alpha Female of The Shadow Moon Pack

Avvie by Ninja_Wolfs963

Britska

Re: pollution in my area

Post by Britska » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:04 am

You can write a letter to your township major (Or whatever you call it) regarding it. If your lucky they might send out a cleaning crew to help out. But you obviously care for the environment, which it really good.

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:44 am

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Environment ... /DG_064404

http://www.cleanriversandstreams.org/

http://www.portlandonline.com/bes/index.cfm?c=41186

I hope you are able to rip off some ideas from those articles to help to clean the creek and it's nearby are as clean and as litter-free as possible.

I also agree with Britska about writing or visiting your local township major office and letting them know about the concerning problem. Or you can put or give out flyers for people to join a community effort, where you gather a group of people who could volunteer cleaning up the bridge and the creek to help reduce the pollution and get rid of the excess garbage around the water. Polluted water areas (rivers, streams, creeks, lakes, ponds, etc) can cause serious problems and damage impact on the surrounding environment.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

mistyag
Pup
Pup

Post by mistyag » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:43 pm

there is only so much a group teens can do and we have tried sending a letter to our messenger. and even if we did put fliers out everybody is to stuck up to care about the environment. im sick of our suburb it is very disrespectful i know that because we also had some bus stop covers put in and they had graffiti on them a day after they were finished
My Wolves

Taro- Proud Alpha Male of The Moonlight Wolves Pack
Riah- Proud Beta Female of The Crimson Stars Pack
Misty- Proud Alpha Female of The Shadow Moon Pack

Avvie by Ninja_Wolfs963

Lua
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Lua » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:30 pm

mistyag wrote:there is a creek near my home that my friends i always used to hang out with some other kids in the area even built a bridge that goes over it until other kids ruined it right now the bridge is falling apart in the creek and around it is a whole heap of litter me and my friends try to clean it up try to put back the way it was but it those kids always ruin it again we have retrieved the bridge out of the creek countless times but it always ends up back in there again.

we want to make a difference but we dont know how to we have tried talking to them and we cant do much because we are only teenagers ourselves maybe some of you have a good idea that we can try to get it back to the way it way 6 months ago unpolluted and clean enough to swim in.
Yeah... I used to actually take my dog there and sit on the bridge with Lady
Currently writing: Lua of the night(Chapter 7)

The wolves:
Lua~The kind and peaceful: Blood Moon
Laria~The fierce and loyal: Bloody Apocalypse
Jason~The intelligent and proud
Chris~The charming and friendly

mistyag
Pup
Pup

Post by mistyag » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:30 pm

yeah i know it used to be fun running around in the forest with the dogs
My Wolves