Ways to Help: Community Trash Pick up

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Ivory_
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Ways to Help: Community Trash Pick up

Post by Ivory_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:22 am

This is something that i did once...

There was a small ditch that ran near my house, everyone liked to throw their trash in it, I gathered up some of my friends and every few days we would go walk along the ditch and remove the trash from it using long nets,

You can do the same, Gather up some of your friends and pick up the trash in your neighborhood! Some of this Trash is extremely dangerous to the native animals, and to some pets like soda can rings, or broken glass, Every little bit helps, if enough of us pitch in we can make a difference in the world
♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦
♥Ivory♦
♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*
♥♦*Council member of The Wolves of the Aurora Borealis♥♦*

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) Echo - Allura - Lyric
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

♥♦*Avvie by Stonei

Sintact

Re: Ways to Help: Community Trash Pick up

Post by Sintact » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:54 pm

This is a great idea, actually I was going to make a topic about this, but you already made it, so I will comment.

Last year I presented a project to some of my friends (most of them girls) at my school about doing this community help. They agreed and once every two weeks we went to different places to clean up the streets. It's an awesome experience.

Most people think this is a work that criminal must do or so, but it's really a cool experience that will make you happier with yourself, and if you go with friends to make this activity, it's quite interesting and fun.

Ivory_
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Ivory_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:04 pm

I actually ended up using it as part of a school project

I actually Started an Animal club a few years ago that was dedicated to helping animals in all ways possible, It isnt really up and running any longer due to lack of interest, and my lack of time to dedicate to it But if anyone is interested in it here is the link

http://animalassociates.freeservers.com/

last time it was updated was about 2 years ago
♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦
♥Ivory♦
♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*♥♦*
♥♦*Council member of The Wolves of the Aurora Borealis♥♦*

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) Echo - Allura - Lyric
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

♥♦*Avvie by Stonei

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:09 pm

That's great Ivory ^ _^ I'm glad to read that people over here are interested in saving the world as me.

I will see the link later, by now, my internet is working too slow.