Oki's tips on how to help the Wolves and Wildlife

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Growling Wolves

Oki's tips on how to help the Wolves and Wildlife

Post by Growling Wolves » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 pm

If this is in the wrong topic, please move it, im sorry, i didnt know what topic to put it in

Ive been doing some thinking, and.. Ive went through like, a note pad of rough drafts.
Well, im going to list some facts on how to help the wolves, and the wildlife around you.

This is NOT a "Save the wolves from aerial hunting" Kind of thing.
I've seen some topics like that be locked a few times.

Well, here we go:

1. Donate to wolf foundations
2.Recycle
3. Try to walk more, or bike more, in stead of driving
4. Use Earth friendly cleaning products
5.Try not to litter
6.Don't Pollute
7.Dont dump things in the ocean
8 Don't use Aerosol cans, or Spray.
9.Unplug things at night, cell phone chargers, etc.
10.Donate to wildlife foundations

Why recycle?
from some website:

Prevents Global Warming
In 2000, recycling of solid waste prevented the release of 32.9 million metric tons of carbon equivalent (MMTCE, the unit of measure for greenhouse gases) into the air.

Good For The Environment
Recycling requires far less energy, uses fewer natural resources, and keeps waste from piling up in landfills.
I will be adding more soon

Daisy Wolf
Pup
Pup
Location: Looking at my pups playing happily, in the vast snow.

Re: Oki's tips on how to help the Wolves and Wildlife

Post by Daisy Wolf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:48 am

I'll try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spain - Alpha Male Of YelliwStone Wolves Pack!

Skye - the proud Beta of Night Crystals!

80% of the population on WQ do what someone's avvie or sig tells them to.

"Life Is Too Short"
- Me, Austin

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:13 am

I do almost all the tips you mentioned.
I must donate to a wolf fundation. I'm trying to combince my father to let me use his credit card x_x

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:17 am

Had a little crazy idea a while ago. In Finland wolves get shot when they go near people's houses and yards etc. So the conversation in our country has become mainly an argument between the "Southern Finns" who wish to protect wildlife and the "Northern Finns" who are tired of their pets and livestock being killed by wolves and would like to just shoot all of the wolves. The people who want to protect wild life think that people breeding reindeer lie about the wolf situation to profit from the government as a certain amount of money is paid to them if their livestock is killed by wolves. The people living in wolf areas (north) think that the "southeners" do not understand the problems of living amongst predators.

So, as a silly southener, I would like to see the truth with my own eyes. Photographing wolves would be awesome anyway and if there truly are people who have wolves running around their yards then it would be easy to do so too. My hope is that the "wolves" people would show me would actually be dogs, or wolf hybrids, but if they truly are wild wolves, it would help me and others to really understand people who hate them so much and the conversation could move forward from the argument about the reality of the situation.

Just a silly thought. I'm curious if people would let me in their homes for this...
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.