Help Stop Gobal Warming

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

Kivia

Re: Help Stop Gobal Warming

Post by Kivia » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:41 pm

I had deer jerky the other day actually; it's really good. x3 I think venison tastes pretty much like beef.

Buuuuuuut, that's besides the point. That's really interesting there, Solitary; I knew cows contributed to waste, but I didn't know it was THAT much. I'll have to look into that documentary there.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Interesting facts there Solitary! I didn't suspect cows would cause that much methane per day.
I'll definetely look into that documentary.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

x-Riley-x
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by x-Riley-x » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:19 pm

That some interesting information on cows there, Solitary. I didn't know they put out that much methane. BUT I don't think that's going to stop me from having beef, or cut down on it. I doubt I'd be able to do without it. :\

But I'll definitely look into that documentary.
I M A G I N E . D R A G O N S
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
--Now don't you understand.
'I'm never changing who I am.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:45 am

I've heard a lot about Cows with Methane ^^ Also, I heard that they're making machines to sotre Methane Gas, so they can use it somewhere esle. ^^
Interesting isn't it. =3
..../\/\/\/...........------- Who am I? -------
.........../..........I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!

............\/\/\/.....Avatar © Gingerwolff <3

dVenus
Pup
Pup

Post by dVenus » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:24 pm

I've been making people stop using so much hair spray
→Venus«
Tonight, tonight we're gonna put it all, put it all behind
Tonight, tonight we're gonna make it all, make it alright
We'll be who we want to be tonight.

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 am

dVenus wrote:I've been making people stop using so much hair spray
Hair-spray is flamible, and it does have some rather bad chemicles, good job ^^

Cowgirl101
Yearling
Yearling
Location: At my farm with my new horse and at my farm somewhere.

Post by Cowgirl101 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Lately, in USA. Gobal warming look dumb, we had blizzards here!
How would the warming make that happen?
A true Cowgirl by heart=Me
Redneck VS HillyBillies

x-Riley-x
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by x-Riley-x » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Cowgirl101 wrote:Lately, in USA. Gobal warming look wonderful, we had blizzards here!
Not exactly sure. My dad told me it seems we're getting more extreme climates. Hotter summers to colder winters. Though the Earth has gone through many swings of hot and cold before. Technically we are still warming up from the last Ice Age so I would only expect that our climate should get warmer. Of course perhaps our greenhouse gases are speeding that natural warming process up which wouldn't be good, of course. But there have been times when the Earth has been warmer than it is today so I don't mind getting a bit warmer. I just don't like the fact that we may bee speeding the natural process up.
I M A G I N E . D R A G O N S
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
--Now don't you understand.
'I'm never changing who I am.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

jumpjump456

Post by jumpjump456 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Riley is correct,a more accurate term to discribe what is happening is Global Climate Change. Our atomospheric change is cause heat waves becuse it is failing to keep sun rays out and blizzard because it is failing to keep heat in.

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:38 pm

I hope that Global Warming is accuratley recognized and soes not get out of hand.
Cowgirl101 wrote:Lately, in USA. Gobal warming look wonderful, we had blizzards here!

Hmmm... that's quite a twist, eh?
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Well, Global Warming brings the 'extremes' to the worlds I have heard people say, thats why we are having a different within our weather, and I believe the Winters where I am have gotten much colder, and the summers much more hot. c:

Seranda7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Help Stop Gobal CLIMATE DESTABALISATION

Post by Seranda7 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:44 am

Reading what everyone wrote, I think your not completly sure what 'global warming' is. It's less global warming, and more Global Climate Destabalisation. While in places like the artic its warming up, where i live some odd things have been going on in the wheather. In 2001, the average temperature war -1 on new years eve. In 2011 it was -10. We had three weeks this year where it would go down to -26, then up to +9, and back down into the twenties. Just because its cold out, dosn't mean that we shouldn't take care of our planet.
Hey there!

You! Yes, you! You attractive person you!

Wanna know a secret?

http://www.serenityriverpack.com
(At 140+ members, we're the largest pack on WQ.)

Seewah
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Seewah » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:13 am

I'm sorry, but I think I have to say this. Please stick with me through the whole thing.

Global warming is not a crisis. There's no need to make radical changes to your lifestyle.

This here is a speech I wrote for my school. I put lots of research and time into it, and it is completely reputable. I'll give sources:

Climategate

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming

http://newparty.co.uk/articles/inaccuracies-gore.html
Be warned, if you want to read this one, it's VERY long.

Ok, here's the speech:
Global Warming

For years, global warming, or climate change, has been the subject of much debate. Some global warming advocates call the skeptics of anthropogenic, or man-made, global warming Deniers. This name calling is intended to place the skeptics in a fringe position. But I’m not giving a speech to point a finger at the other side. I’m here to give the facts on global warming, and clear up the misleading information about it being a crisis.

First of all, the earth is, indeed warming. However it is not proven to be permanent change. Neither is it proven to be caused by humankind activity.

The earth has been through many extremes in climate. Scientists believe that it has been a giant iceball at some points, and at other times, a hot, volcanic inferno. There are also historical records of the Northern hemisphere experiencing different climates. For example, Greenland got its name from the way it looked to the Vikings who discovered it. Lush and green. This is a period known as the Medieval Warm Period and was considerably warmer than today. During that spell, England was known for its excellent wines, but today it is still too cold to grow the best grape varieties. From the chart you can see the Medieval Warm Period was much warmer than today. ( showed this chart: http://www.science-skeptical.de/wp-cont ... ambh23.jpg)

Next, global warming is unlikely to be anthropogenic. The atmosphere is 99.9% Nitrogen, Oxygen and Argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, also known as CO2. The rest is made up of traces of gases such as neon, helium, and methane. The Department of Energy estimates that only 3% of the CO2 in the atmosphere is from humankind. An analogy of this is: If the atmosphere were a football field, everything from the goal line to the 99-yard line would be nitrogen and oxygen. The last yard except for two and a half inches would be argon. Only the last inch is carbon dioxide. The amount of CO2 that is man-made would be the width of a dime standing on edge. That’s all. This chart shows the percentages as a pie graph so you can see how little of the atmosphere is human CO2. (I showed a pie graph in which only a slight sliver of the pie was Co2. Of that, a nearly invisible amount was man-made.)

Scientists tell us that water vapor, that’s clouds, is responsible for 70% of the greenhouse effect. CO2 is responsible for 25%. Why concentrate on CO2? Probably because calling water a pollutant would be seen as being ridiculous. But calling CO2 a pollutant is just as ridiculous. It is a natural, life giving gas. With more CO2, plants would grow bigger and better and emit more oxygen for animals. CO2 is necessary for the survival of living things.

Finally, An Inconvenient Truth, a movie by Al Gore, has persuaded a lot of people that global warming is occurring, is man-made, and is having a devastating effect on earth. This movie was subjected to a lawsuit brought against a school district in England by a parent that objected to the movie being shown as a documentary. The parent won. The court ruled that nine major points in the movie were false or misleading. They are: one. snow melting on Kilimanjaro is proof of global warming. This is not true, local conditions caused the snow melt. Two, evidence from ice cores proves that rising CO2 caused temperature increases over 650,000 years. This is false as the CO2 levels fell behind the temperature rises by 800-2000 years. Three, the film implied that Hurricane Katrina was caused by global warming. This is not true, Katrina was a one-off weather event. Four, the film says that Lake Chad is drying because of global warming. This is not true, local conditions are responsible. Five, polar bears drowned from disappearing ice caused by global warming. This is not true. Four polar bears drowned in a powerful storm. Six, it claimed that the Gulf Stream could be stopped by global warming, plunging Europe into a new ice age. The court ruled that this is scientifically impossible. Seven, the film said that bleaching of coral reefs and other species loss is due to global warming. The court ruled that there is no evidence to support this claim. Eight, it said that the sea will rise seven meters and force millions of people to move. In actuality, the sea is expected to rise forty centimeters over the next hundred years, and that there is no threat from the rise that would force people to move. This board is forty centimeters long. (I showed a forty centimeter board.) Finally, the film claimed that sea levels rising have already caused Pacific Islanders to evacuate to New Zealand. Once again, there is no evidence this happened.

It seems clear to me that global warming is not a threat. It is not a crisis, and will have no adverse effects Next time someone you know has fallen for the global warming scare, share this information with them. Remember the Ice Age. Remember the Medieval Warm Period. Those were natural events, and no permanent change came from them. Global warming is no different.
I'm not saying you should stop recycling, but blaming humans on climate change is a lie. I think it's more important to focus on things we are responsible for and can control, like GMO's. If you want more information on climate change, I would recommend reading Climategate By Brian Sussman. Please be aware of the truth. And if you made it this far and it wasn't too boring, I thank you for that. If there's something you don't understand in this speech, please tell me. I'll explain it. This isn't meant to be snarky, either. Please don't feel insulted or offended by it.

I support hunting.

Insults do not make for a valid argument.
-Seewah

NewMooon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NewMooon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:45 pm

We recycle, pick up trash, and make occasional donations to WWWF and others. I think it's so sad about the polar bears, and other arctic animals.
..........╔═╦╗────╔═╦═╗
..........║║║╠═╦╦╦╣║║║╠═╦═╦═╦═╦╗
..........║║║║╩╣║║║║║║║╬║╬║╬║║║║
..........╚╩═╩═╩══╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩═╩╩═╝

.........."life IS hard."
.........."~ŋɚɰ ɱøøŋ

Green Paws Team

TextArt© Nightly
Avvie© Crystal

safren
Yearling
Yearling

Post by safren » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 pm

We also always recycle, donate, pick up trash we see on the streets, always use the least fuel possible, and we have an all solar house. :D
......................LIFE

───────╔═╗
───────║╔╝
╔══╦══╦╝╚╗
║══╣╔╗╠╗╔╝
╠══║╔╗║║║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╝

avvie© susijuani

Text art(c)nightly