Help Stop Gobal Warming

Discuss how to take action in helping wildlife and the environment.

Moderator: Isela

wolflover5
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Help Stop Gobal Warming

Post by wolflover5 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:46 am

this post is to post ideas to help stop global warming, to save animals, or just every day ideas all of us can do to help the environment.
for example: turn off the lights when you leave a room.
"For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness."

Fast as rushing water
Love as strong as steel
Howls rising to the moon -- We are Swift River!

~~~~Proud Member of Swift River Pack!~~~~

bslome
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: In my room with my notebook, special pen and Steve the Fern.

Re: Help Stop Gobal Warming

Post by bslome » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:42 am

Global Warming is terrible. I'm glad to see someone post this topic. One way to help is if you are going somewhere close to your house - take your bike instead of wasting gas (fossil fuels).
In a mini depression at the mo'. =/

wolflover5
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolflover5 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:51 pm

good idea I have one, use something over again if you can for example you can use a water bottle over again! and i know everyone says this but recycle triple Rs reuse reduce recycle. and maybe go around your neighborhood and collect some cans and newspapers to recycle but only go to houses with people you know. any Other ideas

Fast as rushing water
Love as strong as steel

Lua
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Lua » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:16 pm

I hate Global warming my family teases me about it but I ignore them here are some of my ideas:
Plant more trees ' This will help us by give oxygen and we give them carbon in return'
Don't abbandoned an animal if it's in trouble ' Animals play a big role in our lives and by calling animal recues and stuff like that'
Tell friends not to litter ' this will help so if you litter plastic bag it proabley won't get eaten by a turtle'
Like bslome said; It will help to stop the heating
Don't make you fridge too cold ' like on a tv add once it will increase the rate of greenhouse'
ok there is my help but one last thing; THINK ABOUT THE POLAR BEARS!
Currently writing: Lua of the night(Chapter 7)

The wolves:
Lua~The kind and peaceful: Blood Moon
Laria~The fierce and loyal: Bloody Apocalypse
Jason~The intelligent and proud
Chris~The charming and friendly

wolflover5
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolflover5 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:57 pm

love i! so going to do plant a tree on your birthday imagination if everyone did, if you ever get the chance volunteer at an animal shelter. Many people (besides my friends and some family) tease me about global warming too, also think about the animals i mean th rain forest the animals, people, and plats that live their all might die out! we get a ton of oxygen from the rain forest!!!!!! what will happen if/when all the trees are gone? Thanks you guys everyone lets try to do at the least one of these things it will help the world one step at a time. come on everyone lets keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

Fast as rushing water
Love as strong as steel

debbie0922

Post by debbie0922 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Whenever we leave the House we could turn off the lights and fans?

wolflover5
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolflover5 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:22 pm

great! how about if you cut down a tree plant one somewhere else

Fast as rushing water
Love as strong as steel

RabbitFoot
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by RabbitFoot » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Sadly, I think that if I express my opinions here, i'll start a fight.

Easily said: What killed the peach crop in USA? Global Freezing.
Avvie by Creset_Wolf, Thanks!
I'm ready to go now...
A yearling tells Mom
Though she is scared, she must be brave.
Mom sighs, then replies
You must do what you must,
She is scared for her pup too.

Thanks Pika!

*Echo*
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by *Echo* » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Yeah, the adults don't get this world, but the teens and kids get stuck with this global-warmed place. Nice world they leave us! (no offense to any adults out there)
Me have an idea! Recycle! And, um.....ride bikes instead of drive everywhere!
HUG ATTACK!! *hugz you*

{::}
Cookies Given: 10
Cookies Recieved: 4

Proud Alpha Female of the Night Rose Pack

wolflover5
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolflover5 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:40 pm

you won't start a fight any one can put what ever they feel as long as you don't call people names, don't call peoples ideas/comments and no making fun of someone if any does any of these things i will tell a mod to lock if you do one or more of these things sorry if i sound mean but i don't want peoples feelings hurt. Ok back to ideas, how bout collecting blankets for animal shelters, remember this tropic is all about helping the world weather it is saving the rain forest, planet help (helping earth) helping animals and people or anything else to make the world a better place :mrgreen:!

I agree *Echo*!

Fast as rushing water
Love as strong as steel

StormHowl
Pup
Pup

Post by StormHowl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Me too! One time, I saw this little dog, it had its head stuck in one of those soda cup ring-things. Whenever I approached, it growled at me, so I finally called a vet. The dog got the...ring-thing....removed.
STOP POLLUTING.
ATTENTIONZ! I NEEDZ ATTENTION!!!

*backs away* You're one of THEM!

ferrets12343
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ferrets12343 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:06 pm

we dont really know if it is people it could be a new specis like a frog and a monkey?
_________________________________________________________________________________
As the sun sets,
and the streets grow dark,
remember me as a legend at heart.

shadowolf

Post by shadowolf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 am

Well, it is most likely not. I think it is us, we use a lot of fuel and oil from the earth, and when we use that it releases heat into the air and hurts our sort of 'shield' from the sun's rays and 'fireballs' as i like to call them.

Shakene
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shakene » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 pm

StormHowl- first of all, Thank You! I think anyone who steps out of their way to help wildlife or nature deserves a big congrats! Secondly, I'm not surprised that it had it's head stuff in one of the soda can rings; they are one of the biggest wildlife hazards.
A note for everybody:Always cut open the plastic rings from soda packs before you throw them away. Just that one, simple action can easily save a life.
ferrets12343 wrote:we dont really know if it is people it could be a new specis like a frog and a monkey?
There is still speculation that humans have not caused global warming. And, according to a study done by UNH (University of New Hampshire, which is taking a leading role in addressing and solving global warming) there is a natural change in the climate. However, the percentage of change with insignificant compared with what humans have created. Scientists have proved that global warming 1, exists, and 2, is caused by humans. Almost all the scientists in the world agree with these findings. But, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and there are still people (including scientists) that believe global warming is natural or does not exist at all. I urge to not ignore the facts, though. I mean, there are people who believe the holocaust didn't happen (no joke)

wolflover5- Thank you for making this topic! It was an excellent idea. I did a project on global warming a couple of years ago, and I did a lot of research. Here's what I found on how to reduce your 'eco footprint'. (There are things here for adults and kids)
-Change a few standard lightbulbs to compact fluorescent ones.
-Use a clothsline
-Send old fleece jackets to Patagonia. (see www.patagonia.com/recycle for more info)
-Instead of using the air conditioner, open a window. In the summer, set the thermostat one or two degrees higher, and a few degrees lower in winter.
-Buy energy star appliances. This rating system is used for energy efficient items. By using energy star appliances, your electric bill could be reduced by as much as 30%
-Eat less beef. The meat industry produces about 18% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions. The manure releases both nitrous oxide and methane, and the warming effect of methane is 23 times that of CO2, and nitrous oxide 296 times as much.
-Use cloth shopping bags. This way you use neither plastic nor paper. Plastic bags can take 1000 years to biodegrade and and can emit harmful greenhouse gases. Using paper bags encourages deforestation- the forests are one of our best assets against global warming. You can buy cloth bags at many grocery stores, usually for about $2.50.
-Use a rake instead of a leaf blower.
-Recycle paper
-Use natural compost on your garden
-Ride a bike or walk when possible
-Use alternative energy sources (solar, wind, water, etc)

If you are too young to do some of these things, consider asking your parents to. Most of these actions are beneficial financially as well as economically.

I have written two persuasive/informative pieces that relate to this. One is on global warming, the other is on preservation of the earth. I've loaded each of them with tons of info on Earth's current situation- if anyone would like to see one or both of them, I'd be happy to post them. They also include solutions to their specified issues.
Shakene/Miststar

Leader of MoonClan!

wolflover5
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolflover5 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Shakene wrote:StormHowl- first of all, Thank You! I think anyone who steps out of their way to help wildlife or nature deserves a big congrats! Secondly, I'm not surprised that it had it's head stuff in one of the soda can rings; they are one of the biggest wildlife hazards.
A note for everybody:Always cut open the plastic rings from soda packs before you throw them away. Just that one, simple action can easily save a life.
ferrets12343 wrote:we dont really know if it is people it could be a new specis like a frog and a monkey?
There is still speculation that humans have not caused global warming. And, according to a study done by UNH (University of New Hampshire, which is taking a leading role in addressing and solving global warming) there is a natural change in the climate. However, the percentage of change with insignificant compared with what humans have created. Scientists have proved that global warming 1, exists, and 2, is caused by humans. Almost all the scientists in the world agree with these findings. But, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and there are still people (including scientists) that believe global warming is natural or does not exist at all. I urge to not ignore the facts, though. I mean, there are people who believe the holocaust didn't happen (no joke)

wolflover5- Thank you for making this topic! It was an excellent idea. I did a project on global warming a couple of years ago, and I did a lot of research. Here's what I found on how to reduce your 'eco footprint'. (There are things here for adults and kids)
-Change a few standard lightbulbs to compact fluorescent ones.
-Use a clothsline
-Send old fleece jackets to Patagonia. (see www.patagonia.com/recycle for more info)
-Instead of using the air conditioner, open a window. In the summer, set the thermostat one or two degrees higher, and a few degrees lower in winter.
-Buy energy star appliances. This rating system is used for energy efficient items. By using energy star appliances, your electric bill could be reduced by as much as 30%
-Eat less beef. The meat industry produces about 18% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions. The manure releases both nitrous oxide and methane, and the warming effect of methane is 23 times that of CO2, and nitrous oxide 296 times as much.
-Use cloth shopping bags. This way you use neither plastic nor paper. Plastic bags can take 1000 years to biodegrade and and can emit harmful greenhouse gases. Using paper bags encourages deforestation- the forests are one of our best assets against global warming. You can buy cloth bags at many grocery stores, usually for about $2.50.
-Use a rake instead of a leaf blower.
-Recycle paper
-Use natural compost on your garden
-Ride a bike or walk when possible
-Use alternative energy sources (solar, wind, water, etc)

If you are too young to do some of these things, consider asking your parents to. Most of these actions are beneficial financially as well as economically.

I have written two persuasive/informative pieces that relate to this. One is on global warming, the other is on preservation of the earth. I've loaded each of them with tons of info on Earth's current situation- if anyone would like to see one or both of them, I'd be happy to post them. They also include solutions to their specified issues.
thanks so much! awesome great job!

Fast as rushing water
Love as strong as steel