"Wildest Dreams" Wolfquest Concept Art creator?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Skor
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

"Wildest Dreams" Wolfquest Concept Art creator?

Post by Skor » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:54 pm

https://file.garden/ZRh3WzvANRar6jD-/Sc ... ouTube.jpg
The title slide of the two Wildest Dreams videos currently out feature this concept art, labeled in the first video as being from 2006. I'm curious if there's any official or unofficial record of who created it? It's not mentioned in the video, unfortunately.

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about making an embroidery art piece inspired by WolfQuest- a game that is near and dear to my heart- and something like rendering this sketch in thread would be perfect for my current ability level. (As much as I would love to threadpaint a full-color, game-model-accurate wolf, the greyscale sketchy lines of the concept art would be easier to make.)

However, I'd love to get permission before doing so, and be able to accurately credit the original artist. Before asking the developers directly, I figured I would ask here in case it's already known.

Thanks for any help! :)

DaniBeez

Re: "Wildest Dreams" Wolfquest Concept Art creator?

Post by DaniBeez » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:32 am

I think pinging/@ or emailing the developers would be the most efficient, as 2006 predates the vast majority of people on the forums including those of us still checking in. I don't know who drew it personally!

This next part is just my opinion: say you find out who drew it but can't connect with them to ask for whatever reason, or no one is sure at this point. If you are forthcoming about the source of inspiration, even if just citing the WQ project itself, I don't think it is any problem to replicate the art in an embroidery celebrating the project it came from.

And I think we'd love to see your work after!
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

Skor
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Re: "Wildest Dreams" Wolfquest Concept Art creator?

Post by Skor » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:27 pm

Thanks for the reply! E-mailing the devs is definitely my next option, I just didn't want to bother them on the off chance this was already asked/was known within the community. Seems it isn't! :^)

If the original creator cannot be stated with certainty (or contacted), I'd probably do as you said and give credit that way- but I figured it couldn't hurt to check first.

And don't worry, I'll definitely share it if I do make it successfully, lol. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”