WQAE Genetics/Litter Sizes

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Wind_Shadow
Pup
Pup
Name: Wind, Windy, Shadow

WQAE Genetics/Litter Sizes

Post by Wind_Shadow » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:40 pm

Lately I've been both confused and intrigued by how the WolfQuest genetics work. Today, my very first ironwolf FINALLY had his pups (he was supposed to have them yesterday but got interrupted by some stranger wolves that almost killed him and his mate :o ). My ironwolf is kk genetics, and his mate is Kk and 4 stars. I thought kk x Kk had the largest litters together, and 4 stars is always the biggest litter. So for age perk I chose Youthful Prowess, thinking "kk x Kk, 4 stars, and Youthful Prowess all combined will SURELY give me a full litter of seven". So I planned out seven pup names, all of which I loved. Then the pups were born, and I only got 5 (4 males and 1 female). Ngl, I was somewhat disappointed- I SPECIFICALLY chose the Clown den in the hopes of getting the Clown Car achievement. But alas, I got stuck with only 5 pups :( :x
This reminded me of a previous litter I had with one of my other favorite pairs, with a litter number I thought was strange. I'm pretty sure they were both black wolves, which would usually mean a smaller litter due to some being KK a.k.a. dying before birth. This pair was only 3 stars diversity. I don't remember whether or not I chose Youthful Prowess perk. Anyway, they ended up with SEVEN pups.
I know the WolfQuest AE genetics are very complex, and I love how they differ so greatly from the predictable 2.7 genetics! It really adds some realism to the game, and much more pup variation. I'm just confused on how 3 star wolves with non-perfect genetics got the max litter size, while two other wolves who were perfect for large litters in every way only got five. I don't know how to explain the 3 star situation, but is it possible the ironwolf litter could be affected by the female's injury? At the time of birth, my ironwolf's mate had both a major and minor injury- could this somehow possibly equate to some of her pups dying before birth, hence the smaller litter? If so, that is something extremely unique and unexpected that I absolutely love! If not, I'm eager to figure out this mystery.
So what are your genetic litter size stories? Do you have any strange stories about unexpected litter sizes, or are all of your AE litters basically the size you expected? I'd love to hear about other people's experiences with this!
The darkest night gave birth to a breeze,
Which grew to a storm, which shook the trees
A howl of fury tore through the night,
Fueling the fight to make wrongs right
The cry of the night was spread and thinned,
Carried on the shadow of the wind

NotaNvmbr
Pup
Pup
Name: NaN, Stripe

Re: WQAE Genetics/Litter Sizes

Post by NotaNvmbr » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:26 pm

I have a kk Youthful Prowess wolf named Efra who has a four-star Kk mate, and they had three litters together, all of which had seven pups. However, my wolf Quota, who ALSO is a kk Youthful Prowess (well, at least I think he has Youthful Prowess) wolf with a Kk mate, and his only litter had six pups.

"/ɪn ðɪs faɪ.ɚ/"
(they/it, av+sig by me)

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:15 pm

Herd-Runners wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:26 pm
I have a kk Youthful Prowess wolf named Efra who has a four-star Kk mate, and they had three litters together, all of which had seven pups. However, my wolf Quota, who ALSO is a kk Youthful Prowess (well, at least I think he has Youthful Prowess) wolf with a Kk mate, and his only litter had six pups.
Is it supposed to guarantee a litter of 7 puppies? 5 to 7 may be considered a large litter by the game's standards.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

NotaNvmbr
Pup
Pup
Name: NaN, Stripe

Post by NotaNvmbr » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:05 pm

I think 7 pups is just more likely, but I can still get a smaller litter.

"/ɪn ðɪs faɪ.ɚ/"
(they/it, av+sig by me)

Mikaylawolf2
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Mikayla

Post by Mikaylawolf2 » Tue May 16, 2023 7:01 pm

My wolf Eclipse genetic coat is black but she has white and black fur her coat is 755m her mate Crow has black fur too and four diversity star they have 6 pups one of them died from illness her name is Artemis I was sad about it she died yesterday the pups are already nearly 10 pounds we’re halfway to 15 pounds the pups name is Coby Roxanne Flare Artemis Nightmare and Caden. We currently have 5 pups right now.
Playing WolfQuest for 4 and half years

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”