The Wolfquest AE Classic Challenge

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

The Wolfquest AE Classic Challenge

Post by Shiverdam » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:31 am

Hello all!

A while back I challenged myself to adhere to the rules and conventions of classic WolfQuest, just for fun. I wrote up a google doc outlining the challenge and have shared it a couple times, but never on the forum. It's pretty fun and induces a bit of nostalgia, too!

The Wolfquest AE: Slough Creek Classic Challenge
Can be done on any difficulty
Summary:
Claim territory surrounding all 3 Classic dens.
You may only select a classic den.
If you must move dens, you may only move to another Classic den.
You may only travel to the Classic summer rendezvous.

In the WolfQuest Classic challenge, your territory, den, and rendezvous choices are restricted only to the ones that were available in Classic WQ (2.7).

Begin by claiming a territory that encompasses all 3 classic dens, and ideally, the classic rendezvous site. Though you can always extend your territory later on.

The three dens you can choose from are marked by stars on this map. For the sake of completing the quest of finding 4 dens before you can select one, you can discover any fourth den you wish to complete the quest (though Dirt 1 is the most convenient for this).
However, once it comes time to choose a den, you must choose one of the three starred ones. If you must leave your den for any reason, you must travel to one of the other classic dens. When it comes time to move your family to the summer rendezvous, you must travel to the Classic rendezvous site, on the lower left corner. Optional challenges:
You may only hunt adult elk, hares, and adult moose, as they were the only huntable animals in Classic WQ. You may also restrict yourself to only elk and hares, as moose were a fairly recent addition to Classic WQ.
You may only send your pups in the den when you leave; no sending them inside to protect them from predators. Pups would only go “in” the den when you and your mate left the den in Classic WQ.
You may only feed your pups via regurgitation; no hare, fawn, calf carcasses, or meat chunks. Regurgitating was the only way to feed pups in Classic WQ.

Once you reach the Classic Rendezvous, you can continue playing under the challenge rules and remain at the Classic Rendezvous site, or move to another. If playing with the optional rules, you may feed pups with carcasses and meat chunks once at the Rendezvous site (Classic WQ ended upon reaching the rendezvous, so there are no strict guidelines for the Classic rendezvous). Of course, you can adhere to as many of the challenge rules as you like upon reaching the rendezvous! Reaching the Classic Rendezvous is technically the conclusion of the challenge as written here.

Please let me know if you try it out, or have any suggestions/amendments!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”