Beavers Work on their Dams??

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Beavers Work on their Dams??

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:22 pm

So today, I decided to hop on WQ for a little while to go check out the Halloween decorations that are added to the game each year. I was in Lost River and for whatever reason, I decided to swim across the big flooded neighborhood that has the beavers in it. As I did, I noticed a small object next to the beaver dam. As I got closer, I realized that this was no new Halloween prop, but it was actually a beaver working on the dam! It ran away before I could get a good look at it, but it looked like it had taken some wood and was using it to repair/add to their dam! I had never noticed this behavior in the game before, and had never seen anyone else say anything about it, so it caught me by surprise.

Has anyone else noticed this little detail? Was it added recently, or was it always in the game since the beavers were added and I just never noticed it? Either way, it's very cool to see such a neat little detail like this in the game. I would have taken a screenshot or recorded some footage of it, but I wasn't able to do either of those things before the beaver noticed me and escaped.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: Beavers Work on their Dams??

Post by loboLoco » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:53 am

That's been in there since we added beavers. But it's somewhat rare to spot one on the dam
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Beavers Work on their Dams??

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:08 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:53 am
That's been in there since we added beavers. But it's somewhat rare to spot one on the dam
That's pretty cool, thanks for letting me know. I guess I never spent much time around the beaver dams in the past, so it makes sense that I've never seen it before. That's a really cool feature. I really appreciate it when games have little rare interactions like that.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”