Moose should display aquatic foraging behavior

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Moose should display aquatic foraging behavior

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:10 pm

I'm surprised that this AI behavior hasn't been added. Either that, or I haven't noticed it.
Moose forage for macrophytes very frequently, and can often be seen treading into shallow lakes and rivers, especially during the summer where they can cool off. I think WolfQuest should add in this foraging behavior. It would be a nice hunting challenge trying to take down a moose in water that can potentially slow down the player's wolf.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Moose should display aquatic foraging behavior

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:03 am

I agree, I hope we can see some more unique behaviors like this added to more animals in the future. The moose in WolfQuest AE could definitely use some more unique behaviors like this, to make them different from the other large prey animals in the game. I also think that moose should be found more around bodies of water/riparian habitat just in general, since they usually hang around bodies of water and riparian habitat in real life. Stuff like that would definitely make the game more immersive in my opinion.

SkyRiderMusic
Pup
Pup

Re: Moose should display aquatic foraging behavior

Post by SkyRiderMusic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:41 am

Ooh, that would be really cool! I've noticed that I often find moose more along the creek, but maybe that's just because I'm more likely to notice them in flooded areas as opposed to dense forests.
Either way, it would be so cool to see more moose in or near water

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”