Has anyone seen a potential mate that is grey and white or pure white in WolfQuest 3?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Has anyone seen a potential mate that is grey and white or pure white in WolfQuest 3?

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:37 pm

I have searched all over the map in many different games and other than Wapiti 2f there is no other grey and white or pure white potential mate. Is this a bug?
I'm not including the yellow and white dispersal by the way.
A screenshot of the wolf would be appreciated.
,thanks
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Has anyone seen a potential mate that is grey and white or pure white in WolfQuest 3?

Post by LamarWolf » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:23 am

I don't know about white wolves in the game but the gray and white wapiti might be a reference to the Wapiti White Female who is the main breeding female in the pack and is one of the original pack founders, (the other is 755M,) but generally speaking a wolf having the genome that makes them truly white is a generational thing so it is quite rare with only a couple wolves having it. I don't know if this helped but this is my insight on the rarity of white npc wolves in the game.
Life is full of death
It is the way of life
Predator and prey
I bring life and I take it
That is the way of nature

x1103
Pup
Pup

Re: Has anyone seen a potential mate that is grey and white or pure white in WolfQuest 3?

Post by x1103 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:36 pm

I have been searching a white or grey-white dispersal forever... After going around the map and many dispersals I started to notice the same ones appearing I think. So I started killing them off - but still no luck. I would like to know how the dispersals "work", do they get random features, are there only certain ones or types that appear, did killing them off just reduce them or did new ones appear?
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:16 am

Lately I have found a potential mate called Quadrent 25F and she has the life is rough grey pelt, so it appears I answered my own question.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm

elkhunter123456 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:16 am
Lately I have found a potential mate called Quadrent 25F and she has the life is rough grey pelt, so it appears I answered my own question.
Is it possible to find a white-pelt male Wolf?
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:02 pm

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm
elkhunter123456 wrote:
well if your talking about a pure white wolf, I have never seen a male wolf that color. But I have seen male wolves that are the grey and white pelt from the "original" coat color section.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:17 am

elkhunter123456 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:02 pm
GoldenBeauty wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm
elkhunter123456 wrote:
well if your talking about a pure white wolf, I have never seen a male wolf that color. But I have seen male wolves that are the grey and white pelt from the "original" coat color section.
Found the male with the grey & white pelt somewhere in Lamar Valley. I really want a pure white wolf but it seems like that doesn't exist. I've also ran into wolves who are light gray but they have brown faces ugh.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

spruce56
Pup
Pup

Post by spruce56 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:07 pm

These are the stranger wolves I've found so far: https://wolfquest.fandom.com/wiki/Stran ... rsal_Packs

From what I've tested so far, Dispersals have random coats in every game, and so do Pack Wolves numbered 5 and 6 (1-4 are consistent).

Greys - there is Junction Butte 3F (grey with facial markings), and Junction Butte 4M (medium grey with pale legs). I've also seen a Dispersal with the 'Life is Rough' version of Junction Butte 3F's coat.

Whites - haven't found one yet.

I have noticed that your wolf seems to affect Dispersals - on my pale brown Wolf, I saw a lot more light brown coated wolves than on other save games.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:13 am

When I thought of white wolves, the Lamar Canyon pack (red) came to mind.
I was wandering into their territory along the Lamar River hunting for dropped fish. I came across a pack member that was more interested in dispersing than defending their territory, but alas, I do not remember anything about her other than that she was female and white with a red head. Since most wolves in packs are closely related, wolves that dispersed from the Lamar Canyon and similar packs will be closely colored.
However, no wolf is pure white. That would be considered albinism, which is a total and permanent absence of pigment (color) in the skin and hair, resulting in white skin/hair and pinkish or reddish eyes, and is extremely rare in nature, so Dave decided not to include coats that suggest the wolf has this defect.
Anyway, to find dispersal grey/white wolves, just keep looking... they're out there; I've seen them. :P

spruce56
Pup
Pup

Post by spruce56 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:31 am

I started a new game today, and within 30 seconds, ran straight into a white dispersal :D

This is a wolf I've played for a long time on Accurate, and I started the new game on Challenging - I wonder if experience points (if they're measured at the moment) affect dispersals in the next game.

LupinWQ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LupinWQ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:02 pm

I have seen a white wolf mate before.
Lupin / LupinWQ
Pfp by rowan / altias

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:09 am

No, there are no experience points or anything of the like (yet), nor does anything to do with gameplay affect dispersal wolf NPCs. You just have to find them, wherever they may be, and I don't think their colors are consistent... correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they just come out random. That, and there is no pure white wolf, there is that dusty sheep-like fur, the white redheaded fur, and the two white-ish classic ones (with a lot of streaks of other colors), but maybe that was what you meant by pure white. Maybe writing down the name and pack of the wolves that are white will help in some way.

RavensCorvax
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Raven

Post by RavensCorvax » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:23 pm

i was searching for one too but as far as i know , no amethyst mountain does not have white wolfs the only light pelt coloured wolf i could find was a default grey wolf . but i believe with slough creek there might be new pelts for mates coming aswell

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:07 pm

This seems to be treading into discussion territory so I will be moving this to General WolfQuest Discussion.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:59 am

I found a pure white one only once so far. I think the gray and white and the pure whites are rarer than all the others, but it's just an assumption. I'm not sure about this.
:flower: Health, love and beautiful moments are the true wealth of life. :flower:

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”