WolfQuest 3, dealing with competitors?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

WolfQuest 3, dealing with competitors?

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:42 pm

In wolfquest 3 how do you deal with competitors?
With bears I just run, sometimes ill manage to chase away a sow with cubs by biting the bear cub.
I will fight cougars if I have a mate. (tip: aim for the sides or legs not the throat!)
I will fight stranger wolves if im not outnumbered.
I will almost always stand my ground against coyotes unless i have less than 20% health
If you take chunks out of your carcass until the carcass runs out of meat then competitors will not come :)
Sometimes my mate is a competitor for deer fawn so I just howl and sometimes that will keep her busy long enough for me to eat the entire carcass! (Hey, I would rather my mate starve then me XD)
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WolfQuest 3, dealing with competitors?

Post by Rustic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Oh wow...I've never seen a bear with cubs yet!

Most of the predator competitors I've left alone...other than a lone coyote (on my single wolf) more than one is too hard to handle.

My other wolf is a little different, and with her mate they've even taken on some stranger wolves who tried to chase them from a kill. That's about it soo far for me...haven't had a whole lot of time to play.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:32 pm

I never even try to fight bears. Cougars are difficult to fend off, so I usually end up giving up or waiting them out as well. Coyotes are easier, but if I’m alone and there are more than two, I avoid the trouble. Stranger wolves tend to be difficult to fight off alone—even if it is one-on-one—so I reserve combat for when I’m with my mate.

Every time I’ve attempted a little boldness, it usually left me either dead, or on very low health.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Lol I died when I tried to scare off a grizzly bear. Although I haven't encountered a lot of serious encounters, because I'm trying not to die again & be realistic. Coyotes are annoying. Always take a chunk of meat with you before you sleep, because often times you'll wake up to some competitors if you sleep near the carcass.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:16 pm

I hate bears. Oh my gosh I hate bears so much. I'm kind of a jerk when it comes to bears with cubs, though... XD I always try to kill the cubs, and twice I have been successful.
Cougars are a bit... unpredictable. They're a bit easier to deal with than bears, though, but they're kind of hard to pull away from since they're so fast.
The coyotes can just... die. I really don't understand how some of you favor coyotes far more than wolves. I tend to ignore them, but when they're bothering me when I'm trying to eat, I'll kill every single one of those pests I can. MWAHAHAHA
And foxes. Foxes are fine, although sometimes I do attack them just to hear the cute noises they make. something must be wrong with me LOL They're just not worth chasing and killing, unlike coyotes. It's a waste of your wolf's health.
Eagles and ravens? They're cool! They make for nice shots and sometimes I'll play with them.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”