Progress at last!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Xetwnk
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Progress at last!

Post by Xetwnk » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:47 pm

When I first discovered WolfQuest, I played for many, many hours over the course of a few weeks. But I never encountered another wolf, so never had a social interaction, and obviously never found a mate.

Judging from the date on my saved game, that was in late 2013! :shock:

Tonight, for what seems to have been the first time in nearly five years, I fired up WolfQuest again -- and inside of ten minutes I met not only one but two other wolves, and managed to make one of them my mate, thus completing the first quest or mission or whatever it's called (my memory is terrible).

(Speaking of terrible memory, I seem to recall reading (back in 2013) something, around here somewhere, that went into some detail about wolf psychology, society, communication, etc., including giving general advice on how to successfully interact with other wolves. If I'm not completely mistaken, can someone please remind me where I saw that? I want to move on to the next mission, where it looks like I will have pups :) , and I want to make sure I treat them (and their mother!) properly.)

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: Progress at last!

Post by duskypack » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:54 am

Wow! Thats amazing! I’m glad you’re back and nice job making it through the mate mission. ^_^

It sounds like you’re playing the older, free version of Wolfquest called 2.5. The new version, 2.7, is much better but also costs about 10 dollars. It’s going to get a huge update this year, though, that basically reworks everything (map will be huge, new animals, all the mechanics will be quite different and better) and, if you have 2.7, it’ll be free. If not it’ll cost a little bit more money so if you do think you’ll ever want it then getting it now or soon will be the best idea!

Spiel aside, I don’t recall exactly what you’re talking about but there’s many game guides for 2.5! There’s one here and another right here. All the guides are in this section here but the ones closer to the top are for the new version. Make sure it says 2.5 for the older version (or that it dates back before 2016-ish).

Good luck and a very warm welcome back
!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Xetwnk
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Xetwnk » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks for writing.

Yes, you're right, I have 2.5.

Thanks for telling me about 2.7 and the upcoming further improvement. It doesn't seem cost-effective for me (little time for, or skill at, video games; old computer that can't always run "the latest thing", etc.) to pay for 2.7 at this time, but if I find myself better at it than I expect, and/or "getting hooked," I'm now aware of what options I'll have in the near future.

Thanks too for the pointers to the tutorials etc. One of those is almost certainly what I found the first time around, and will be a big help in moving forward with WolfQuest, however far I ultimately go.

Oh, and overall, I think the zoo / wolf foundation (sorry; don't have the right names on my screen right now) going to the effort to commission and develop this game, to make people aware of wolf culture, is a great idea! I have a couple of friends who would especially enjoy this, and am going to pass the info along to them.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu May 03, 2018 2:03 pm

You were probably thinking of this guide?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=31918

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”