Have you killed stranger wolves?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

ovedur

Re: Have you killed stranger wolves?

Post by ovedur » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:10 pm

alethe wrote:i can't say for which are easiest, but i believe this is possible in all wq versions
  • Thanks, Riv! Just didn't know/remember that this was possible in-game.

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 pm

I've only killed a couple in Amethyst, can't remember which territory they were from however because I haven't been on single player in a while. I've never managed to catch one in Slough Creek though. Tried multiple times but it seems they're too fast?
--
► ϟϟ[ϟ]ϟϟ ◀︎
I've lost my way within this town
ϟ
බƖƦƀƠƝƎ꒚
ϟ
The tranquil ᎶᏞᎾᎳ of the song I know, it guides me
▴ ϟϟϟϟ⎶[ϟ]⎶ϟϟϟϟ ▴
--
ѕιggιє@NoyaTusk
αννιє@LupinzPack

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:53 am

I've killed Druids, Sloughs, and Specimens in Amethyst Mountain. Then a — few in LR, can't remember the packs name...

All with Blackburn
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

Xela Winchester
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Xela Winchester » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:00 pm

I've killed a wolf from every pack in Amethyst Mountain.
Back when Survival of the Pack was fairly new and you could enter the social arena in your new territory, I killed a stranger wolf there as well.
"Are you chasing something, or running away?"
-The Outsider, Dishonored

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 am

I've noticed that whether your wolf is a male or female has an impact on stranger wolf encounters. The female stranger wolves are more aggressive to other females than towards males, and most of the male wolves are more aggressive towards other males. So if you're fighting the druid female with a female wolf, she will keep fighting longer before she gives in.

Although, Slough and Specimen packs have one wolf who always submits right away and cannot be killed. You can get him to attack you once, but the moment you attack him he will run away.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:32 pm

I killed two Slough stranger wolves today using my new wolf.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Flamesky wrote:I've noticed that whether your wolf is a male or female has an impact on stranger wolf encounters. The female stranger wolves are more aggressive to other females than towards males, and most of the male wolves are more aggressive towards other males. So if you're fighting the druid female with a female wolf, she will keep fighting longer before she gives in.

Although, Slough and Specimen packs have one wolf who always submits right away and cannot be killed. You can get him to attack you once, but the moment you attack him he will run away.
I've actually killed a few Specimen males, before they could run away. Sloughs are also easy to kill.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:34 pm

Black Burn wrote:
I've actually killed a few Specimen males, before they could run away. Sloughs are also easy to kill.
You can kill some Specimen and Slough wolves; most of them keep fighting for a long time. What I was saying is that there is one passive wolf in both of those territories, and he will say, "I'm no threat to you," or "I'm not boss" before you can attack him. So you can't kill those two wolves. I think it's the reddish Specimen male and the grey Slough male with green eyes who are not aggressive.
<<<<<>>>>>
<<<<<>>>>>

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:30 pm

Flamesky wrote: You can kill some Specimen and Slough wolves; most of them keep fighting for a long time. What I was saying is that there is one passive wolf in both of those territories, and he will say, "I'm no threat to you," or "I'm not boss" before you can attack him. So you can't kill those two wolves. I think it's the reddish Specimen male and the grey Slough male with green eyes who are not aggressive.
Ah, that's when you have to be submissive after they are, they will attack you again and then you can attack them back, keep doing that and you can kill them! It also helps to have a strong wolf.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Black Burn wrote:
Flamesky wrote: You can kill some Specimen and Slough wolves; most of them keep fighting for a long time. What I was saying is that there is one passive wolf in both of those territories, and he will say, "I'm no threat to you," or "I'm not boss" before you can attack him. So you can't kill those two wolves. I think it's the reddish Specimen male and the grey Slough male with green eyes who are not aggressive.
Ah, that's when you have to be submissive after they are, they will attack you again and then you can attack them back, keep doing that and you can kill them! It also helps to have a strong wolf.
I've done this myself, back when I played SP. Keeping him from running away is surprisingly tricky, but keeping the fact that he is killable in mind helps keep you determined...
After a wolf gives in, and it has about one bite left or so, make sure that when it says, "I give in!" you act submissive too. Once he replies with either a sudden act of dominance or another act of submission, bite him. Boom.

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:13 am

Black Burn wrote:
I think their health has to be low enough so you can kill the stranger wolf with one bite before the wolf runs away. Because for me, once you've dominated him, you can get him to attack you by acting submissive, but he's still afraid of you.

I've acted submissive twice and got him to bite me once. I say, "It's cool" and "I'm no threat to you" and he gets aggressive and says, "Leave now!" When I retaliate he says, "I've got to go" after one bite and runs away. If I say, "I'll just stay here," he rolls over on his back and says, "It's cool." Is there a way to attack wolves (who have already submitted to you) without them running away after the first bite?
<<<<<>>>>>
<<<<<>>>>>

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:15 am

Flamesky wrote:
Black Burn wrote:
I think their health has to be low enough so you can kill the stranger wolf with one bite before the wolf runs away. Because for me, once you've dominated him, you can get him to attack you by acting submissive, but he's still afraid of you.

I've acted submissive twice and got him to bite me once. I say, "It's cool" and "I'm no threat to you" and he gets aggressive and says, "Leave now!" When I retaliate he says, "I've got to go" after one bite and runs away. If I say, "I'll just stay here," he rolls over on his back and says, "It's cool." Is there a way to attack wolves (who have already submitted to you) without them running away after the first bite?
This is why killing the submissive wolves is so tricky. And I've never killed the submissive grey wolf with green eyes in Slough Creek because of this. I've killed the other one, though, but the grey one is so submissive, on occasion he'd run away even if I were submissive to him.
I'm not sure how to maneuver around the bite-and-run thing very well..

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:57 pm

I have a video of me killing a Specimen, but I'm not sure how to upload it to media...
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Black Burn wrote:I have a video of me killing a Specimen, but I'm not sure how to upload it to media...
You could write down the exchange between your wolf and the stranger from the video, and also say what color the Specimen wolf is. (If you want to share the encounter here.)
<<<<<>>>>>
<<<<<>>>>>

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:07 am

There seems to be this one slough I can always get. It never gives up until I kill it! :twisted: I don't know about other ones like druids. I mostly visit slough territory.:wolf:

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”