Things that Happen in Public Games with Phrase Chat

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

BerryCupcakes
Pup
Pup
Name: Yui <3

Things that Happen in Public Games with Phrase Chat

Post by BerryCupcakes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:00 pm

So... I don't normally play Private games because normally my friends are never on (xD) and plus it's very hard to contact all the players you want to invite and it's just pretty inconvenient for me.

And, being under 13 means in Public Games, you can only use Phrase Chat, which I don't mind and has most of the things I need to say. :D
Often, however, it can be confusing, or just annoying. Here are some of my examples!

The Puppy-obsessed Player:
*pups are being raised, and we're on the summer journey and the host's favorite pup dies/drowns*
Host: No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
Me: It's okay. It's okay. Get the pups to star on compass.
Host: No. I can't move. The pup died. No. No. No.
Other player: Get back here and help us! Please?
Host: No.
-Host ends game after drowning all our other pups-

*cough* See what I mean? I deal with this very often.

The sleeper:
*Me and some other packmates are out hunting for the pups*
Host: *sleeps, all the elk disappears*
Me: Oh no! Elk. No.
Other player: No. >host's name< We're hunting right now.
Host: What?
-process repeats-

The puppy 'owner':
So in this one, there would be a player who only cared for one pup, wouldn't let anyone take care of it, and just spam the chat.
Me: *moves puppy up farther during summer journey*
Player 1: No. No. No. I've got this pup. No. >my wolf's name<
Me: Okay.
Me: *feeds pup, play bows with puppy*
Player 1: No. No. I've got this pup. *spams growl button* *also spams the word 'No'*

So, those are the most common for me. What are some other examples you've come across? :P
Berries and cupcakes are nice and all, but Berry-Cupcakes are the most superior! - Me

"Your smile can change the world but don't let the world change your smile!" -Unknown

~LGBTQ+~

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: Things that Happen in Public Games with Phrase Chat

Post by Pepper » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:05 pm

This is a very funny post! Thank you (and we are sorry it is frustrating sometimes). :wink: I hope other people add to this thread.
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:36 pm

I've only ever played one phrase chat game and don't really remember anything that stood out to me. That amount of "No."s being used though... I bet it'd give me anxiety.

I enjoyed phrase chat for encouraging "body" language between the players, but I can definitely see the frustrating sides to it now.

BerryCupcakes
Pup
Pup
Name: Yui <3

Post by BerryCupcakes » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Pepper wrote:This is a very funny post! Thank you (and we are sorry it is frustrating sometimes). :wink: I hope other people add to this thread.
Hehe thank you!
Anduril wrote:I've only ever played one phrase chat game and don't really remember anything that stood out to me. That amount of "No."s being used though... I bet it'd give me anxiety.

I enjoyed phrase chat for encouraging "body" language between the players, but I can definitely see the frustrating sides to it now.
Yes, the repeated 'no's' gave me nightmares. xDD
I do love the emoticons :) But many times players use it only to spam it xD (Example: spamming the tail up button to look tougher)
Berries and cupcakes are nice and all, but Berry-Cupcakes are the most superior! - Me

"Your smile can change the world but don't let the world change your smile!" -Unknown

~LGBTQ+~

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:01 am

I remember when 2.7 was first released, there was only phrase chat. I loved how people would just growl to warn other players of predators, whined when they needed attention or help with a pup, etc...instead of using the chat. It made those sessions seem more real & less like a game, if that makes sense.

It was always a great feeling when you got together with a bunch of random people, and you functioned perfectly together without having to use chat at all. . I miss it a little.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:30 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:I remember when 2.7 was first released, there was only phrase chat. I loved how people would just growl to warn other players of predators, whined when they needed attention or help with a pup, etc...instead of using the chat. It made those sessions seem more real & less like a game, if that makes sense.

It was always a great feeling when you got together with a bunch of random people, and you functioned perfectly together without having to use chat at all. . I miss it a little.
I only ever really played in Phrase Chat back then, and yes, I have to say that the sort of "Understood Language" in those servers was so captivating and appealing. Many of us scarcely even used the chat because, without words, but the heightened use of bodily inflection, we knew who was going to do what at what time. Now, this mostly occurred in the Co-Op servers, but it was still a treat of an experience!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:35 am

I've hosted a public game where one player's wolf entered the game, froze in place and was glitched a few feet up in the air. The wolf stayed in the same place and did nothing during the game. This meant we couldn't rally successfully and I couldn't kick the player out either. It was very weird and I think it's due to some sort of game bug.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”