Pretty sad about the lack of replay value.

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Lyrina25
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Pretty sad about the lack of replay value.

Post by Lyrina25 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:05 pm

I bought this game yesterday, and had a pretty good few hours with it, it's very fin at first. Once I got my pups to the summering ground, however, I thought, "Ok, cool, my pack got bigger, and I'll be able to take down elk better!" Yeah, nope. Game over. Is that seriously it? I'm so very much underwhelmed and dissatisfied. What's all the hype about with this game?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Pretty sad about the lack of replay value.

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the game, but the good news is, hunting elk with your pack is coming to the game in the new Tower Fall episode. You can check out the developer's blog here: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=97

In the meantime, why not try to earn some achievements or start a new family with a different wolf, or hang out in multiplayer? The game formula does stay the same, but it might still be worth checking out in the hopes you'll feel less let down by the game.

For what it's worth, the developers are always working hard on new content to be added to the game. :)

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:22 pm

I can agree that the replay value is a bit lacking, though it does seem a lot of players tend to play multiplayer more than singleplayer. It may be worth checking that out, especially if you're interested in a more co-op experience or in roleplay. Either way, you may also be interested in changing up your gameplay style to make the game more challenging and see if you can survive. Maybe you could find some challenge ideas that'll make the game more interesting and replayable in this or this thread? They were written with 2.5, the free version of the game, in mind, but most if not all should be adaptable to 2.7.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 am

Tower Fall is going to be coming i think early next year? so there will be more to do with your existing save games soon enough, but until then there is always achievement hunting, trying out different challenges, trying the game with higher difficulties etc, the kind of thing Kirave and Anduril suggested

you can also check out that Lost River place (i think that is what it's called?), true you mostly do the same stuff but it's another map to explore

also multiplayer is where you're going to get your money's worth IMO so i would definitely suggest trying it out, especially if you're into roleplaying at all
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Back in 2012-2013, when I was first introduced to the game, I loved playing it over and over again just to tamper with the pelts of the pups, the mates, and use challenges (Such as eating only things that I've hunted, etc...) to keep me entertained. And this is the old version, mind you! Then I was introduced to multiplayer, where the community there helped me embrace roleplay.

My point is, I suppose that Wolfquest does appeal to a specific audience, but with the promise of new updates, it will never get old to me. But I suppose that this is my opinion.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”