WolfQuest merchandise discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WolfQuest merchandise discussion

Post by Koa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:51 pm

KendallK wrote:Oh the ideas... Where shall I begin? I know! I'll make a bullet list!
~Re-Usable Water Bottles (black, brown, white)
Building from this, a Camelbak would be interesting to see, but I do not know how viable that option would be.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Plush wolves- you'd be able to choose which coat it has and if it has a radio collar or not, or a limpy leg to make it like your ingame wolves!

That could be pretty expensive though but I could see a lot of people buying it.

A shirt with an annoyed looking wolf (rolling its eyes, perhaps?) saying "Oh, please, tell me more about "alpha" wolves."

A shirt with you, your mate and your pups that says "All four of my puppies made it to the rendezvous site and all I got was this T-shirt"?
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:35 pm

PearlyReborn wrote:Plush wolves- you'd be able to choose which coat it has and if it has a radio collar or not, or a limpy leg to make it like your ingame wolves!
Plush wolves would have me sold in a heartbeat!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am

How about "Wolf coats", hoodies based on the ingame coat customizations?
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 am

Thank you all for posting here. Keep it up! Someday, when we have the time, this is the place we will look for merchandising ideas!
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Rifka
Pup
Pup

Post by Rifka » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Gonna echo everyone on the mugs and non-logo merchandise. Never picked up my t-shirt when I had the chance, so it would be neat to see merchandise come back!
Beautiful avatar was drawn by Okami Shiranui/WolFanny!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 am

Writers Block wrote:Hoodies and tee shirts sound like solid ideas, seconding that! Baseball caps might be fun too, you could probably put the WQ logo on them pretty easily as well I imagine? (as in, the image looks like it'll translate to that common baseball cap sewing-image-thing, not that it would necessarily be cheap or whatever)
PearlyReborn wrote:Plush wolves- you'd be able to choose which coat it has and if it has a radio collar or not, or a limpy leg to make it like your ingame wolves!

That could be pretty expensive though but I could see a lot of people buying it.

A shirt with an annoyed looking wolf (rolling its eyes, perhaps?) saying "Oh, please, tell me more about "alpha" wolves."

A shirt with you, your mate and your pups that says "All four of my puppies made it to the rendezvous site and all I got was this T-shirt"?
Totally seconding both of these quotes. Yass! Tho maybe *please* make the shirts in a comfier material than a lot of merch shirts (like the cotton stuff at target, which is comfy and actually breathes, not the awful, heavy, scratchy stuff that a lot of souvenir tees are made of...for folks who sweat a lot or live somewhere hot, that ain't pleasant lol, and maybe the shirts could be made in both juniors and adult sizes eventually if they sell well enough, so the wide age and size range of people on WQ could get stuff that fits properly).

Also gonna agree with the keychain and figurine ideas; hard to go wrong there. That'd be cool to have, like Pearly's plushie idea, customizable options for the figurine ideas too. The figurines should be something big enough to see but something that can fit on most peoples' desks, shelves, etc. Really just the medium/regular size of the plastic animal figures you generally see (like Safari LTD/Schleich/etc) would be great. There could maybe be different sizes of the plushies and figurines too. Like start with small and medium and eventually add large once you can be sure people are buying this stuff (which likely won't even be an issue tho).

I think some of the less expensive but most popular and universal items to start with (which will also quickly make up for the production cost in sales) would be things like hats, keychains, and mugs. Like maybe things could gradually be added to the shop once merch sales are clearly continuing or even increasing. I have a feeling that those three items would become and remain some of the most popular merch items since, again, basically anybody on here could afford and make use of them.

So some keychain ideas. The rubber-logo-style ones would obviously be a good choice; classic keychain type and since they're flexible yet durable it's not like they really ever would get banged up/chipped by clunking around on your bag, keyring, whatever.

Also the kind that have a picture of some kind in clear plastic with smooth corners. There could be one for each location in the game maybe, or each coat? Maybe even an option where people could send in their screenshots for custom ones. All kinds of stuff you could do with those.

Edit: I really don't know about this but a possible thing could be little plastic picture frames, either WQ color scheme or maybe, like faux-wood with some trees, pawprints, antlers, etc on the border with text in the WQ color scheme, that say your achievement(s) of choice*? Just a small thing probably, like a couple inches, and then have regular-photo-frame-size options, but I think they'd be cool. They could have a pop-out kickstand thing so you could prop them up on your desk or bookshelf. I don't know if that's viable or if anyone would really go for this but just putting it out there. I'll have to draw the frame design ideas and add the pictures later.

For the text around the frame, you could also maybe pick from things like:
Spoiler
Show
> Memories
> Pack
> Teamwork
> Friends are family
> The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
> Go where the wind takes you
> Follow the scents
> Enjoy the fresh air
> Remember to appreciate nature
> No place left unexplored
> One big happy family
> One small but happy family
> Through thick and thin
> Enjoy the seasons
> Let your voice be heard

*Also, maybe people would order the frame, and then there'd be a guide to sizing your screenshot to fit the frame size you have. And the text things could be switchable; like you just order another one when you want it.

Edit: ...how did I not think of this next one till now lol. Each text thing could just clip onto the frame. There'd be no issues with sizing or any of that to figure out, like there'd be with stuff like pegs and whatnot.

The option of buying a seasonal or location/based frame would be cool too. Maybe there could be a 'regular/go-to' frame and then the specific ones. Otherwise just clip-on or peg-on decor to change the trees and such based on the season and location. But I think just getting each frame would work better, perhaps. Less little parts floating around and whatnot.
Last edited by Windstrider on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:52 am

I think stickers would be an absolute must-have, they're usually small and easy to put on things, so they're popular (and I really like them myself anyway)! Hoodies and shirts seem like they'd be a good idea, too!
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 am

altias wrote:I think stickers would be an absolute must-have, they're usually small and easy to put on things, so they're popular (and I really like them myself anyway)! Hoodies and shirts seem like they'd be a good idea, too!
Stickers and maybe magnets and pins/buttons would be cool and something everyone on here could use and afford.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

Good vibes

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:10 am

Phasoli wrote:
Plush wolves would have me sold in a heartbeat!
Gosh, I agree. The hoodies would also be a solid item; I'd probably shoot for those two the most. :D
They/them only, please!
⤐ "Is not the balance of our world the concern of all?"
~ Nava, Balto II: Wolf Quest

Tlitoo
Pup
Pup
Name: T

Post by Tlitoo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:27 pm

(Ideas I've seen on the thread organized for the mods/devs :) )
-Tshirts
-Hoodies
-Mugs
-Bed sets (blankets, pillow cases, ect.)
-Posters
-Baseball hats
-Collect-able figrues
-Charms (necklaces, bracelet charms, earings, ect.)
-Signs (like the one that said "Wolf Crossing" like the one Keyyva showed!)
And possibly even faux (fake) fur wolf tails and ears? I know there's a large amount of us players that are also furries! (Myself included) ^w^

{Edit:}
-Plushies!
If you've found me, feel free to message me. I don't bite... Much.

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:54 am

Of course because I'm broke I will most likely not be able to get any of the WQ merch but I still like the idea of there being small collectables or T-shirts with WQ logos and ect.

~Plushies
~Earings
~Bracelet/Necklace charms
~Stickers
~T-shirts
~Small collectables
~Hoodies with ears attached to the hood
~Pencils, Pens, Texters/Markers
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

Latra

Post by Latra » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:51 pm

I'm not really one for buying and sporting a large variety of fan merch. I'd probably only consider a sticker, keychain, mug, t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. Hoodies are too bulky down here in the south but sweaters are nice. I'd suggest that rather than prioritizing a variety have a smaller selection of really good quality clothing merch. The sweater I got from Ireland is a wonderful example, it's thin and light but has a soft slightly fuzzy material on the inside and I love it. As for designs, along with the general wolf and what not maybe something more modern and geometric? For example, I really love the simple but eye-catching designs that pop up if you google geometric wolf tattoo. Personally, I'd buy a simple sweatshirt with the most simple and inconspicuous design possible. Besides those simple things that I could hold onto for a while and don't draw much attention I don't think I'd venture much further.
╔════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╗
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
ꕥ ❁ ꕥ —Mary Oliver ꕥ ❁ ꕥ
╚════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╝

Quote / Av Shop

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Sobakka wrote: I'm not really one for buying and sporting a large variety of fan merch. I'd probably only consider a sticker, keychain, mug, t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. Hoodies are too bulky down here in the south but sweaters are nice. I'd suggest that rather than prioritizing a variety have a smaller selection of really good quality clothing merch. The sweater I got from Ireland is a wonderful example, it's thin and light but has a soft slightly fuzzy material on the inside and I love it. As for designs, along with the general wolf and what not maybe something more modern and geometric? For example, I really love the simple but eye-catching designs that pop up if you google geometric wolf tattoo. Personally, I'd buy a simple sweatshirt with the most simple and inconspicuous design possible. Besides those simple things that I could hold onto for a while and don't draw much attention I don't think I'd venture much further.

I agree ^^ I really do enjoy simplistic merch as well, and something a bit more inconspicuous like silhouettes or fine-line style. I think a lot of the older users would agree?

Aside from shirts and hoodies, I think baseball caps and beanies would be a solid product. As well as little knick knacks like keychains, magnets, stickers, wolf figurines, patches, etc. Fake tattoos would be pretty cool too I think?
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Definitely hats and knick-knacks. Those are things basically everyone would go for. I also think they should bring back the WQ patches too, those were cool.

Good vibes

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”